Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: November 26th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 4-16

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Woah.

Wasn't it 93-99 at some point? Wonder what happened?
    Your reverse jinx worked.

I enjoyed the whole game. Less Temple, more Billy!
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Woah.

Wasn't it 93-99 at some point? Wonder what happened?
    I thought so too, then it became 93-96?

What I'm taking away from this is Jaxson Hayes might be done. Billy is just flat out better.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    I enjoyed the whole game. Less Temple, more Billy!
    Yep. Hardly any Temple. A sprinkle of Sato, and viola....we win.

Willie is learning finally.

What I'm taking away from this is Jaxson Hayes might be done. Billy is just flat out better.
    He'd have been good at 22 with 3 more years in him

He has been WAY, WAY better. Jax didn't even get one minute in the blowout against the Wizards.

Jax has negative BBIQ at this point

Willie understands the game

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jax has negative BBIQ at this point

Willie understands the game
    Eh, you draft a project and then give him 3 coaches in 3 years with inconsistent minutes, long stretches of zero play, and then you can't be surprised when he doesn't develop consistently. He was good towards the end of last year, and had a solid rookie season, but just was never pushed into shape or allowed to refine his game with consistent opportunity. Sucks, but he's another casualty of our general disarray over the last 3 years.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Eh, you draft a project and then give him 3 coaches in 3 years with inconsistent minutes, long stretches of zero play, and then you can't be surprised when he doesn't develop consistently. He was good towards the end of last year, and had a solid rookie season, but just was never pushed into shape or allowed to refine his game with consistent opportunity. Sucks, but he's another casualty of our general disarray over the last 3 years.
    Trade him to the Spurs or Raptors

Some Trans-Atlantic Einstein said I was nuts for wanting to send him to Erie in Year One. In fact he suggested Jaxson would learn a lot more taking his lumps with the 'big club' and competing with Favors and Okafor in practice. How could that fellow have been so wrong?

This is the way.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Herb is good. Billy is super solid. Really fun win tonight!

Just finished the game. Wow. I swear Graham is 100% on buzzer beaters this season. Craziness. He's really going to look like a steal once Zion is back. He's the perfect starting guard in a lineup of JV, BI, Zion, and either Hart or Herb. He looked meh when BI was out because he'll never be a star but he's exactly the kind of cog you put next to them.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Since BI has come back this team is playing .500 basketball. 4-4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just saw the highlights of the game. Great win.
    The rotation seems set. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    Since BI has come back this team is playing .500 basketball. 4-4

.500 basketball until Zion comes back.....maybe .600 when Zion does come back.....then boom.....6th place at season's end.

What a game, what a win! Willie has found his rotation

Over the long haul, H'Gomez being able to play major minutes will benefit JV big time. JV shouldn't be playing 36 miutes game in and game out.

Further:

It wouldn't surprise me if JAX never hits the floor in a Pelicans uniform again. By now. he's had to have destroyed the trust Griff placed in him when he drafted him number 8 in '19. His antics on and off the court belie the enormous physical gifts he is blessed with. JAX is to 'team sport' as John Daly is to individual sport....all the talent in the world and no backbone, brain, or work ethic to bring it to the fore. It really is sad if you stop to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Over the long haul, H'Gomez being able to play major minutes will benefit JV big time. JV shouldn't be playing 36 miutes game in and game out.

Further:

It wouldn't surprise me if JAX never hits the floor in a Pelicans uniform again. By now. he's had to have destroyed the trust Griff placed in him when he drafted him number 8 in '19. His antics on and off the court belie the enormous physical gifts he is blessed with. JAX is to 'team sport' as John Daly is to individual sport....all the talent in the world and no backbone, brain, or work ethic to bring it to the fore. It really is sad if you stop to think about it.
    I wouldn?t give up on JAX yet. Everyone pretty much thought the same thing this time last year too, and after some time on the bench and getting coached; he came out and made an impact. JAX is not a lifetime basketball player, and IMO the coaching changes have had the biggest impact on JAX over everyone else on this team.

Let?s see how he finishes the year, and then make an assessment.

All I know is that when games are close at the end, BI needs to drive, get double teamed and pass it to “Clutch” Graham.

Thread Information