Pelicans Report

Thread: Jonas and the All Star Game

Jonas and the All Star Game

Jonas has been hot as a sauna in the summer, the fact that he is playing on this contract is amazing. That said, if he can keep up this production, does he make the All Star game as a Center? There are certainly other 5s (excluding 4s like AD) that get more attention, and play on better teams, but Jonas? play should be acknowledged.

What 5s have a better shot of getting the AS nod before him?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I feel sorry for him. He deserves the pity nod for putting up with us. Hopefully next season once we land Chet our team will finally break 500 and be worthy of Jonas and his professionalism.

Embiid, Jokic, KAT, AD (if they count him as a 5, which they sometimes do), Gobert, Bam Adebayo - all centres I think are more likely to get AS nods over JV.

I agree that he deserves it though, at least thus far into the season. He's been our best player by a wide margin. What he's doing is pretty special.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Jonas has been hot as a sauna in the summer, the fact that he is playing on this contract is amazing. That said, if he can keep up this production, does he make the All Star game as a Center? There are certainly other 5s (excluding 4s like AD) that get more attention, and play on better teams, but Jonas? play should be acknowledged.

What 5s have a better shot of getting the AS nod before him?
    he should be an all star this season...the pelicans should have 3 different all stars in 3 straight seasons and if some how we can get all 3 playing together this season , the season can be more enjoyable for me....

the talking heads will say he is putting numbers up on a bad team but the opponents know he is all we have and he still get his points and rebounds..

I just feel sorry for the guy

Why on Earth did he extend lol

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

We sold him on Nickeil taking the next step and talent. The issue is NAW has been through three coaches and definitely needs someone that can ground him as Stanley did. We hyped him too much and he is not living up to the pressure placed on him in the offseason by a long shot. Another Griff spectacular but hey, at least Jonas extended.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson.

Thread Information