Pelicans Report

Thread: Complex article: Zion

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar

Complex article: Zion

"As cited by ESPN reporters Brian Windhorst and Andrew Lopez, the Pelicans have utilized several resources to try and maintain Williamson?s health, including a switching around of their culinary staff to have one that better suits him.

?The Pelicans have poured resources, time and energy to protect Williamson?s health,? they report. ?They have changed members of the staff and even changed some of their culinary practices in an attempt to support him. They have talked with him about protecting his body from extra hits."

https://www.complex.com/sports/pelic...GKUBnzN5GedIWQ

Pretty bad that the Pels have to jump through this many hoops for Zion to take his health, fitness, and ultimately his job seriously.

I also read somewhere where it was zion and his family that told the organization not to let the public know of his injury with the fear of being scrutinized by the public... if true,that's probably why griff couldn't give the fans a proper answer..that was a lose lose situation he was in.

Zion's mob is running the club and he'll probably run at first opportunity

Can someone with a backbone please stand up

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Zion's mob is running the club and he'll probably run at first opportunity

Can someone with a backbone please stand up
    Most Undoubtedly.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zion better never leave. He thinks he can pull this in Miami or New York or Philly and not get eviscerated by the media and 10 times the fans?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Zion better never leave. He thinks he can pull this in Miami or New York or Philly and not get eviscerated by the media and 10 times the fans?
    Lmao that's actually an incredible point.

Basketball Guru
    thing is, him or family wouldnt do it in those markets...

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    I also read somewhere where it was zion and his family that told the organization not to let the public know of his injury with the fear of being scrutinized by the public... if true,that's probably why griff couldn't give the fans a proper answer..that was a lose lose situation he was in.
    that's what people had suspected for a long time... and as much as i dislike Griff he is being dealt a ********ty hand here

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    thing is, him or family wouldnt do it in those markets...
    i don't think it has anything to do with that. He's not being a professional, or has serious weight issues that go beyond that. The only thing they can pull here but not in a larger market is not disclosing information to the public when it happens. Which is very serious in its own right

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    i don't think it has anything to do with that. He's not being a professional, or has serious weight issues that go beyond that. The only thing they can pull here but not in a larger market is not disclosing information to the public when it happens. Which is very serious in its own right
    i just think in his second contract somewhere else, zion and family will be in check.....maybe more mature and he will be standing on his own.....

i maybe wrong but i think at this stage in zion career, i think whatever team zion were on, the gm would have did the samething that griff did.....

Whether you think it's the right thing to do or not - and I'm not really going to debate this, cause it is largely subjective - you cannot pretend to be surprised or upset that Zion and his family asked for their privacy to be kept. NBA stars ask for these things to be kept on the low regularly.

Here's an extract from Lopez's ESPN article recently: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ract-extension

Star players get star treatment when it comes to injury announcements. For example, Chris Paul had wrist surgery last summer and it was never announced by the team when it occurred.

It is true Williamson had a non-team doctor -- Dr. Richard Ferkel did the surgery -- but this isn't unusual. Ferkel is a go-to surgeon for NBA players with foot injuries and made a name for himself for successful care of Stephen Curry's ankles. Griffin said the Pelicans were aware throughout the process and that the Pelicans' team orthopedist, Dr. Scott Montgomery, consulted.
    Basketball.

"The Titanic" needs some tough love before he sinks himself.

True. Anthony Davis learning that lesson with no Lebron on the court.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Whether you think it's the right thing to do or not - and I'm not really going to debate this, cause it is largely subjective - you cannot pretend to be surprised or upset that Zion and his family asked for their privacy to be kept. NBA stars ask for these things to be kept on the low regularly.

Here's an extract from Lopez's ESPN article recently: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ract-extension
    Key difference is Chris Paul comes out in shape. Even if he broke his foot, Chris Paul wouldn't be severely out of shape. He'd do what he cans or diet properly. So keeping an injury quiet would be a simple matter.

Zion is keeping it all hush hush...and looking the way he does.

Key difference is Chris Paul comes out in shape. Even if he broke his foot, Chris Paul wouldn't be severely out of shape. He'd do what he cans or diet properly. So keeping an injury quiet would be a simple matter.

Zion is keeping it all hush hush...and looking the way he does.
    Sure, but the point isn't ''does CP3 maintain his fitness better than Zion'', that's obviously the case. The question is just ''is it unusual for big name stars to get some privacy regarding off-season injury?'' and the answer to that question is no.

Thread Information