Pelicans Report

Thread: Didi Suspended by the NBA

NBA Didi Suspended by the NBA

Didi Louzada suspended for 25 games without pay for being caught on the 'roids.

Further information from the article:

The NBA has suspended New Orleans Pelicans guard Didi Louzada 25 games without pay for violating the NBA/NBPA's Anti-Drug program.

Louzada tested positive for Drostanolone and Testosterone.

In a statement to ESPN, Louzada, 22, described an off-season trip back to his Brazlian home and consultation with a nutritionist recommended to him as the source of unknowingly ingesting the banned substances.

"When I was in Brazil during the offseason, I consulted a nutritionist who recommended I take some vitamins and supplements," Louzada said in the statement. "Because she has a history of working with professional athletes, I would never have imagined that any of those substances would be banned or could be contaminated. Once I learned of the positive test, I immediately cooperated completely with the league and union to help all of us understand what exactly occurred.

"I would never knowingly take anything that violates NBA rules. I accept my responsibility in this situation. I deeply regret that this happened and I apologize to my team, my teammates, and Pelicans fans for this mistake."
    Basketball.

My God, what Griffin said is pure slime

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    My God, what Griffin said is pure slime
    What is terrible about saying that he is disappointed with the situation, but supports Didi as he learns from what happened? I am not some big Griffin fan at this time, but let?s at least not blow things out of proportion.

If only PEDs could help you develop a jump shot...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    If only PEDs could help you develop a jump shot...
    For real. Instead of getting swole, he should have taken ayahuasca during a walkabout in the Australian Outback, and mentally (then physically) manifested a jump shot.

Getting big isn't putting him on the floor.

Thread Information