Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Clippers - 2-14

Why is Sato coming in?

Hart take a bow

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Feel pretty unambiguous in saying that JV has been our best player this season by a pretty significant margin.
    Yep. He's been pretty great.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Note that I just saw on twitter: Jonas now has 21 threes on the season. He's played 17 games.

He hit 21 threes last year total, in 61 games.
    Basketball.

Nvm, Sato smart there.

I know I should be happy but this is making me question the universe and I'm now having an existential crisis.

BI. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I know I should be happy but this is making me question the universe and I'm now having an existential crisis.
    Nobody goes 0-82, even the worst teams win some, and PG13 got straightjacketed by Herb.

3-14 Pelicans.

Clippers scored 26 points in the second half. Not kidding.

Nobody goes 0-82, even the worst teams win some, and PG13 got straightjacketed by Herb.
    We're in the Matrix, Dae. You can't logic me out of this.

They played great in the 2nd half for like maybe the first time in a long time. I'll take playing great in the 2nd half and winning over outscoring opponents by 20pts in the 1st half and looking like poop in the 2nd and losing.

Please Willie show them this tape, every practice.

Also, bring Trey back and sit Temple then I think we'll have it.

Happy for the win. We took advantage of the Clippers playing the 2nd game of a back to back.

Kira had 16pts in 23mins coming off the bench. Great game.

...Well played

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Also, bring Trey back and sit Temple then I think we'll have it.
    at some point yall just have to believe your eyes and see trey is not good right now....yall drag on temple but temple is active on both ends of the court...temple may miss floaters and close shots or even attack the rim and miss but trey does not do any of those things when he is in the game....all trey do is shoot the 3 and thats not falling for him now.....

if yall want temple out of the rotation then prey that trey gets better....well thats the way i see it.....herb is the number one pick right now....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    at some point yall just have to believe your eyes and see trey is not good right now....yall drag on temple but temple is active on both ends of the court...temple may miss floaters and close shots or even attack the rim and miss but trey does not do any of those things when he is in the game....all trey do is shoot the 3 and thats not falling for him now.....

if yall want temple out of the rotation then prey that trey gets better....well thats the way i see it.....herb is the number one pick right now....
    Temple also runs into three point shooters and fouls them late in close games, which is something that's forgivable to do if you're a rookie 10 games into your career but not when you're 35 and have played in over 13000 minutes of NBA action.

Trey has had moments where he's looked good and moments where he's looked very rough indeed. He's also played under 300 minutes of NBA basketball in his life, so it would be weird if he was a fully polished impact piece right now.

If Temple is bad and Trey is bad, why not give the minutes to the guy you're trying to learn about, instead of just giving them to the guy who is about 20 minutes away from retirement? Playing Temple doesn't help you win - which should be obvious at this point - and you're not finding anything new from playing him. Trey might not help us win either but at least he has a chance to grow and improve.

This team consistently drafts rookies who need development and playing time, and then doesn't develop or play them, and we wonder why they don't make huge progress. Doesn't take a genius to start figuring things out.

Can Herb make an All Rookie team? Or a rising stars at least? Or does he need to be scoring?

Let's see how badly we lose this one.
    Whelp!!! Someone's record remains in tact.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    1-0 when Sato starts.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Herb Jones is god like. And he’s still learning the NBA game. Imagine if he even approached Jrue Holiday level offense. Like 40% of that.

Only 3 pages? We must have won.

Willie > LUE

Herb is nothing but awesome!!! I didn’t want us to resign Hart but he is really playing hard. Let’s see if Kira can play like that more often

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Only 3 pages? We must have won.

Willie > LUE
    I went to dinner with the wife. I knew I should have been doing important stuff like posting on here instead.

Thread Information