Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    All I can do is smile. Masks the pain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harold.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	6604

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I wonder why Trey Murphy didn’t get more burn.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Coaching helps alot of this. He calls a timeout when the game is over and not when BI is forcing shots. Strange.
    It's early, but he has a bit of early Monty in him. He lets the runs go too far before calling timeouts and he sometimes is just a statue on the sidelines.

Ingram is skilled, but is weak. He has all the physical tools of Kevin Durant, but none of the killer instinct. When the game is on the line he either defers or chokes. This game he missed those 5 shots which put the game out of reach, then made 3 when there was no hope that will make it look like he was more efficient. When the game is not on the line he makes passes, drives and kicks, etc. When things get tight, he reverts to iso ball and kills the team.

Jonas had an off night, missing those 5-10 foot shots he normally makes. He has been raising my expectations too high...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Yep, that'll do it.
    Can we please start talking more draft at this point?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Ingram is skilled, but is weak. He has all the physical tools of Kevin Durant, but none of the killer instinct. When the game is on the line he either defers or chokes. This game he missed those 5 shots which put the game out of reach, then made 3 when there was no hope that will make it look like he was more efficient. When the game is not on the line he makes passes, drives and kicks, etc. When things get tight, he reverts to iso ball and kills the team.

Jonas had an off night, missing those 5-10 foot shots he normally makes. He has been raising my expectations too high...
    Agreed

I was at the game. Ingram tried to force things at the absolute worst time. Knowing him, he will fix it as he gets back into game shape.

They need to take the next 5 to make this season worth watching. And Miami might be missing Butler and Adebayo next game. Have to steal that one.

So....excuses for the losing to continue are getting slim.

https://twitter.com/ProPelsTalk/stat...318849538?s=20

BI knows. If you're gonna be a killer. You can't miss your killshot. If you do, you're just a sucker that gets snuffed out.

Which is sad, because BI was really good last year when he ran the floor, calling really good plays with a bad bench, and play offense.

He decided to try to be a killer and go ISO. The problem is that he wasn't patient at all. The thing with being ISO. It's like a boxing match. The logic that always works against ISO is that you have to be fast. The most successful ISO is when you lul them into a critical point of failure with floor leverage. You really have to string together well executed moves at the point of attack to get that efficient shot. He was sloppy and at times was struggling so bad to string together moves that he almost fumbled the bag.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-16-2021 at 12:13 AM.

Lonzo Ball trade is trash. We should of matched out of principal to get good value. Then, try to shop Ball at a later date for something of actual value.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-16-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Can we please start talking more draft at this point?
    Why, it will be the same ******** after the next draft, and after the next draft, and after...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Lonzo Ball trade is trash. We should of matched out of principal to get good value. Then, try to shop Ball at a later date for something of actual value.
    If we couldn't get much for Lonzo at the trade deadline what makes you think we could get more with him on a long-term contract at 20 mill a year. Some people over estimate Zo's trade Value to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Why, it will be the same ******** after the next draft, and after the next draft, and after...
    Well... This is the 1st year since the Boogie trade where the roster actually feels improved. So... It feels like we are going to the right direction. We just got to keep acquiring talent. I think the FA PG steal ended up being Spenser Dinwiddie. Shame that his injuries makes him a hard player to get invested into.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    If we couldn't get much for Lonzo at the trade deadline what makes you think we could get more with him on a long-term contract at 20 mill a year. Some people over estimate Zo's trade Value to other teams.
    Quit speaking this garbage into existence. It's not true. You don't know what Lonzo value will be this year or next year or two years from now. He is always a positive investment at his current age and price with a rising salary cap.

If 76ers can sit on Ben Simmons till his value isn't trash. You know what... Having Lonzo is better than Temple and Satos. I want better value. I don't care what he cost. I don't pay his contract. I don't care in a soft salary cap. If you want to be a good team you have to hoarde talent till you find better talent. It's how the NBA works unless you're a farm team like us that offload for lesser talent.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-16-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    at the half, Wizard fans were asking incredulously...”how in the world has this team won only two games?”.... then somewhere in the 3rd quarter, they had their answer...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

This is true. Those three consecutive Ingram misses were all total, 100% iso-ball shots, for example. Zero passing whatsoever, all attempts at self-creation from nothing.
    This has been his MO in almost every 4th quarter. The problem is except in the first game we won, he's gone stone cold. I would love to know his 4th quarter stats this year, they cant' be very good. Heck his second half stats can't be very good. The coach really needs to reign this stuff in.

Typical Pels 4th quarter colapse …

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    This has been his MO in almost every 4th quarter. The problem is except in the first game we won, he's gone stone cold. I would love to know his 4th quarter stats this year, they cant' be very good. Heck his second half stats can't be very good. The coach really needs to reign this stuff in.

This is basically ''since being a Pelican''.

He's bad in the clutch. Just terrible.
    Basketball.

This is basically ''since being a Pelican''.

He's bad in the clutch. Just terrible.
    I feel like this has been the elephant in the room for a while. We have lost soooooo many games because he stops all offensive flow for the last 4-6 min of a game and misses everything. Even when Zion has been in he has done this. Saw the same thing with JV last night.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I feel like this has been the elephant in the room for a while. We have lost soooooo many games because he stops all offensive flow for the last 4-6 min of a game and misses everything. Even when Zion has been in he has done this. Saw the same thing with JV last night.

Didn't Zion get his finger broken last year because on a GW shot, Ingram drove into the paint and PASSED the ball to Zion, who got his shot "blocked" by Jokic?

Let's not get silly with the hypers now. Ingram iso ball in the clutch in not a reason why this team has lost so many games.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Didn't Zion get his finger broken last year because on a GW shot, Ingram drove into the paint and PASSED the ball to Zion, who got his shot "blocked" by Jokic?

Let's not get silly with the hypers now. Ingram iso ball in the clutch in not a reason why this team has lost so many games.
    It's not the sole reason obviously, there are other issues as well, but it's also not not a reason at all. It's something that has to be addressed. Whether it's because he's taking bad shots, whether it's because he's iso-balling himself into oblivion, whether it's because he gets played in sub-optimal lineups at times, whatever the reason it is, Ingram's play plummets when games are close. Whatever the cause of that is, it needs to be solved.

And when you start noticing that it's happening across three separate Pelicans coaches, and that it seems to be happen regardless of whether he's on the floor with Herb Jones or Zion Williamson or Steven Adams or Lonzo Ball or Devonte' Graham, it starts to look a bit more like an Ingram problem than it does an ''everyone else'' problem.

If all your relationships fail in the same way, regardless of who they're with, you start to look at what might be the common factor.

It's not the sole reason obviously, there are other issues as well, but it's also not not a reason at all. It's something that has to be addressed. Whether it's because he's taking bad shots, whether it's because he's iso-balling himself into oblivion, whether it's because he gets played in sub-optimal lineups at times, whatever the reason it is, Ingram's play plummets when games are close. Whatever the cause of that is, it needs to be solved.

And when you start noticing that it's happening across three separate Pelicans coaches, and that it seems to be happen regardless of whether he's on the floor with Herb Jones or Zion Williamson or Steven Adams or Lonzo Ball or Devonte' Graham, it starts to look a bit more like an Ingram problem than it does an ''everyone else'' problem.

If all your relationships fail in the same way, regardless of who they're with, you start to look at what might be the common factor.
    I never said it wasn't a reason at all. Also never said it was an "everybody else" problem either. But its also hyperbole that the Pelicans have lost "soooo" many games because of it also. So address that.

THIS year...the Pelicans are 2 - 13. By my count Ingram 4th quarter iso ball THIS year is 1 - 1. And of course after that victory a few weeks ago, .... crickets.

I also already said previously his growth in closing games THIS year will determine if he's taken his game another level. So far it's .500.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Fair enough, but this one play doesn't diminish that this is a really bad habit BI definitely does have.

I like BI a lot. Very much team BI. He works hard. Glad to hear him own up to this in the post game and I'm sure he will get a lot better at this moving forward.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I feel like with some coaching, conditioning and Zion coming back the Ingram ISO ball issues get solved. More concerned about bad shot selection from NAW and HART.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I feel like with some coaching, conditioning and Zion coming back the Ingram ISO ball issues get solved. More concerned about bad shot selection from NAW and HART.
    Ingram is probably always gonna be due his ISO Blunder moment... What I worry about is when we get into being in playoff contention and deep in a series where you pretty much live or die on ISO ability in 4th QTRs.

Thread Information