Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: November 15th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Washington Wizards - 2-12

28 mins/4 pts for NAW
    19 mins/8 pts for Temple

NAW and Temple are getting too many mins that can go to Trey and Herb.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Hart tonight: 3/13 from the floor
    NAW tonight: 1/6 from the floor

Ingram: 0/7 from the floor in the 4th quarter.

JV: No shot attempts in the fourth quarter.

Come on, now. Come on.
    I was thinking the same thing. The big V has been pretty good this season why did we not get it into him at all? Ingram kept forcing the issue. He did the same thing last season in games where Zion was on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    on the flip side..the pelicans were up 19 before majority of you posters came on this thread lol...
    Lol. Maybe that's it.

Coaching helps alot of this. He calls a timeout when the game is over and not when BI is forcing shots. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    That's bad. Coaching lost this. No timeout to say give Jonas the ball? Plus, Ingram playing hero ball never works.
    Actually it worked in their 1st win against Minnesota. But that was on a regular rotation.

This game you ask a player that sat for extended minutes (on some minute restriction) to come in and take the team home. THAT never works.

Jonas had a mismatch on Kuzma and nobody recognized it. Then dumb unforced turnovers. They deserved to lose this one and it had little to do with Washington's defense.

And I am still perplexed with Trey's minutes.

Ingram looked like he was trying to throw the game in the 4th quarter. Pitiful!

BI always trying to channel that Kawhi Leonard ISO magic in close games and I think it only worked one time against the Celtics

Unreal how much the Pels are the kings of blowing double digit leads in the 2H and 4Q. Anytime they have a big lead, pretty much can expect the game to be a loss. Makes it impossible to understand this team?s purpose to even suit up, as a fan.

Coaching helps alot of this. He calls a timeout when the game is over and not when BI is forcing shots. Strange.
    Rookie head coaches aren't really great. They always start out as losers. I get you get like Ty Lue, Steve Kerr, Pop, and Nick Nurse be championship coaches their 1st year, but those are outliers.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This game was on Willie. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    BI always trying to channel that Kawhi Leonard ISO magic in close games and I think it only worked one time against the Celtics
    Twice. Once against Utah. I was at the game and he made a huge bucket. Only for Gobert to get a bogus call to send it to OT. But that’s it. So, why is he closing the games without anyone getting a touch for a while? Alvin Greene is why.

Rookie head coaches aren't really great. They always start out as losers. I get you get like Ty Lue, Steve Kerr, Pop, and Nick Nurse be championship coaches their 1st year, but those are outliers.
    Yeah, I feel ya. I'm not saying give up on Willie, it's just some decisions he's making right now aren't good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    This game was on Willie. 100%.
    It was and that's the thing when you get a 40 year old rookie head coach.

As much our team will have growing pains. So will our head coach...

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    Unreal how much the Pels are the kings of blowing double digit leads in the 2H and 4Q. Anytime they have a big lead, pretty much can expect the game to be a loss. Makes it impossible to understand this team?s purpose to even suit up, as a fan.
    They play to blow the game. You can’t put Temple and Sato on the court together. That’s the most unplayable combo I’m the league.

Yep, that'll do it.
    Basketball.

It was and that's the thing when you get a 40 year old rookie head coach.

As much our team will have growing pains. So will our head coach...
    He just got out coached thoroughly by a rookie head coach. I see what you are saying, but it’s just unfortunate that our rookie head coach looks like a rookie to the extreme. He looks like Kira Lewis Of the coaches.

They play to blow the game. You can’t put Temple and Sato on the court together. That’s the most unplayable combo I’m the league.
    Yeah bench is just sad and that's another reason we lost the game but Willie has to play either Ingram or Jonas w/ the bench, can't think playing Hart or NAW w/ them is gonna get it.

Yep, that'll do it.
    Btw, no real ball movement on these misses.

Btw, no real ball movement on these misses.
    This is true. Those three consecutive Ingram misses were all total, 100% iso-ball shots, for example. Zero passing whatsoever, all attempts at self-creation from nothing.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Yep. I've been yelling this for while. These are not NBA players. They should only be used as salary filler for trade deals and should never actually see the floor. Our great GM mind didn't get the memo.

Twice. Once against Utah. I was at the game and he made a huge bucket. Only for Gobert to get a bogus call to send it to OT. But that’s it. So, why is he closing the games without anyone getting a touch for a while? Alvin Greene is why.
    And against Denver last year and Minnesota a few weeks ago. The Minnesota game won't count as "crunch" but he kept hitting big shots to keep them 2 - 3 possessions away late in the 4th.

That said he's got to stop relying on mid range jump shots so much. Go to the rim to get a layup or draw a foul. Thats what the Kawhi Leonards do. And looked like that light came on but too late in this game.

But if he's not in a regular flow of the game then diversify the attack. You have a constant mismatch with Jonas. Why keep forcing it to Ingram after sitting him for so long?

Trey's minutes need to go up and Sato's minutes need to come down. He's done all he can to increase his trade value at this point.
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-15-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Yep, that'll do it.
    6:11 to 1:16?

Palindromic Illuminati confirmed

We shouldn’t even be having this conversation. No other fan base would. They would be celebrating right now because they would have not blown a 19 point lead. We, on the other hand, are left helpless and confused because we can see what the organization apparently can’t.

He just got out coached thoroughly by a rookie head coach. I see what you are saying, but it’s just unfortunate that our rookie head coach looks like a rookie to the extreme. He looks like Kira Lewis Of the coaches.
    Yeah... Willie only started coaching 2016. Wes Unseld Jr got his start in 2005.

It's one of things that I didn't like about Willie. He only had 4 years as coaching under his belt.

With how much the media, league, and playersloves Willie's potential. I think it's worth working through his learning process as well.

Per Will Guillory, Jonas last shot of the game came with 11:13 in the 4th.

He got called for a charge late in the 4th, but that is still far too few looks for a key player. Harrel really had no answer besides trying to draw charges on him.

That is all on Willy and also Devonte. Your point guard has to recognize mismatches also.

Thread Information