Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 13th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 1-12

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No one wants more Naji
    Lol. Well the one that was w/ us last year and at Summer League, can he return?

Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    but why male models?

Herb was definitely throwing out some Blue Steel tonight…

Memphis fraud team
    And what are we? If they are frauds what does it make us with our Rich Paul loving GM?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Herb was definitely throwing out some Blue Steel tonight…
    SVG would have loved him.

On top of putting our 6-8 back to the 9-11 when everyone is back healthy , does anyone have an opinion on how much it will help everyone else that gets to play back a step. Right now it feels like we are asking almost everyone to play a bit beyond themselves and while a couple have thrived doing that for the most part it looks like our role players would very much like to fall back into playing a role.

I'm really happy for Willie. This win was for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    And what are we? If they are frauds what does it make us with our Rich Paul loving GM?
    We're not frauds, we suck and our record shows it and nobody is denying that we've been bad. That's not being fraudulent, it's just being bad.

Memphis are frauds, they suck about as bad as us and yet they fly under the radar from all criticism because their record is a bloated and artificial 6-7.

NAW his first 11 games this year: 14/4.5/2.5 on 35.5/25.3/81.8 splits. -6.5 BPM over that span.

NAW the last 3 games: 23.3/5.0/1.7 on 47.9/40.8/78.9 splits. +6.7 BPM over those three games.

I don't think anyone expects him to consistently play like that all year, guys who average 23ppg on 48/41/79 splits are very rare and are usually top shelf starters, and nobody really expects NAW to play like a top 50 guy for the rest of the year. That would be a wild turnaround the likes of which you basically never see. Especially when Zion returns and he moves down yet another spot in the pecking order.

But if he can settle somewhere closer to the latter stats than the former, that would be great to see. Maybe something like 15/4/2 on 44/38/79 splits. That would be a very very good 4th option offensively (after Zion, BI, and JV).

Let's just hope he's turned the corner and those first 11 games can be put behind him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Starting lineup of Graham, Herb, Ingram, Zion, and JV is a fair amount of length. If Zion gives a spit about defense like he started to do and moves his feet, they can do some switching. Most important. Everyone but Zion could be a legit threat to bury a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Starting lineup of Graham, Herb, Ingram, Zion, and JV is a fair amount of length. If Zion gives a spit about defense like he started to do and moves his feet, they can do some switching. Most important. Everyone but Zion could be a legit threat to bury a 3.
    I am still of the view that Zion can become a semi-decent 3 point shooter. I will believe it until it can no longer be believed.

There is no reason for Garrett Temple to get a single minute when Trey Murphy exists and Ingram is healthy.
    Man tbh I'm kinda over the Temple slander. Dude has not been as bad as folks make him this year.

He is not the greatest, but dude is constantly moving, communicating, hitting threes sometimes, and putting up effort with defense.

People want him to be Bledsoe so bad, but what separates them is that Temple tries to be a professional. May not be the best one, but I appreciate what he does tbh.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No one wants more Naji
    What about Naji? doesn't Naji want more Naji?
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 11-14-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Man tbh I'm kinda over the Temple slander. Dude has not been as bad as folks make him this year.

He is not the greatest, but dude is constantly moving, communicating, hitting threes sometimes, and putting up effort with defense.

People want him to be Bledsoe so bad, but what separates them is that Temple tries to be a professional. May not be the best one, but I appreciate what he does tbh.
    Yeah, but being professional means very little when your firmly a net negative on the court. I mean, at a certain point intangibles have to coalesce with on court results, otherwise we're just celebrating mediocrity because the effort put forth to achieve it is commendable. And to me that's just grossly lowering our expectations, as a franchise, which y'all can do but I refuse. I don't think most people on this board are equating Temple to Bledsoe attitude wise, and yeah from an impact standpoint he might be slightly better, but the point is he still sucks. And he definitely shouldn't see any court time with Ingram back now. He can be a professional and be a good cheerleader on the bench

Basketball Guru

plus he step up and take on the defensive assignments...a vocal leader on the floor....some of the defensive lapse are because no one covers temple back when he is helping or switching.......when it come down to garrett, you cant look at stats..you have to actually watch the game and use the eye test to see his value on the court.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    plus he step up and take on the defensive assignments...a vocal leader on the floor....some of the defensive lapse are because no one covers temple back when he is helping or switching.......when it come down to garrett, you cant look at stats..you have to actually watch the game and use the eye test to see his value on the court.....
    That's what I'm saying. I don't have a problem with him like so for folks do. I prefer watching him play more than Naji or Kira at this point

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Agree Temple has looked much better out there as of late.

Agree. One thing you cannot disagree about Temple is he?s got those guys talking on defense finally.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I still wish Temple didn't need to play as much as he has been.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The next game against the Wizards is winnable if we run everything through Jonas. They have no center that comes close to matching up with him. If we have Herb shadow Beal, and our bench is not a net negative, then we can keep it close.

He hasn't been the worst player on the team, that's for sure, but the reality is that he's still been extremely bad. For a team that has been out multiple wings/forwards basically all season (games missed for Zion, Ingram, Naji, and Herb) he's been important to play just as a functional human being who fits that size, but when the team is healthy he is not good enough to force his way into the rotation imo.

Temple this season: 53%TS, -1.6BPM, higher TOV% than AST%, -20.8 on/off.

He's been bad. He's also been necessary given our injury struggles and he has provided at least some decent outside shooting and yeah, he communicates, but he's clearly just over the hill and shouldn't be getting run over Zion or Ingram (for obvious reasons) or Herb (who is younger, better defensively, and is a better long term investment due to contract years and value) or Trey (same reasons as Herb, pretty much).

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Lol. Well the one that was w/ us last year and at Summer League, can he return?
    I thought he was terrible in Summer League. I don't know about that. He got away with terrible low IQ play and very anti-team ball that gets snuffed out in the NBA.

Then, he got snuffed out.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-14-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    What about Naji? doesn't Naji want more Naji?
    He is atrocious

True, it was Temple who open up that huge 3 from NAW. He saw he need to flash to the paint to give better spacing. That is not a play Trey would have recognize at this stage in his career.

Thread Information