Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 13th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 1-12

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Somehow Willie has them as a major part of the rotation, and I don't see that as showcasing them for trade bait. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the rest of the league is playing chess and we are playing checkers.
    Actually Sato isn't bad, the last two games he has been good. He just can't shoot but as far as being a guard who can run the offense, he's good at that. Like someone said Kira prob should go to the Gleague and have Sato or Jose be the guards coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Somehow Willie has them as a major part of the rotation, and I don't see that as showcasing them for trade bait. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the rest of the league is playing chess and we are playing checkers.
    Part of them playing has been injuries. Up until today we'd been missing Zion, Ingram, and either Naji or Herb for most of the season. If you're missing your 1st, 2nd, and 6th men, then your 9th, 10th, and 11th men all move up one in the rotation. Plus, Kira was supposed to be playable this year, but has turned out thus far to be god-awful. So they all have to arguably move up two spots in the rotation.

Hopefully Naji comes back soon (and plays more like his 2020-21 self) and then Zion isn't too long after and both Sato and Temple can get bumped out of the rotation. And then Trey can get more minutes too.
    Basketball.

When Zion comes back we don't see much Temple.

I AM CALLING MY FIRST BORN HERBERT JONES

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Actually Sato isn't bad, the last two games he has been good. He just can't shoot but as far as being a guard who can run the offense, he's good at that. Like someone said Kira prob should go to the Gleague and have Sato or Jose be the guards coming off the bench.
    Fun Fact: Sato is a career 37% shooter from 3, but every single team he's ever been on hates him because he refuses to take them.

Herbie: Fully Loaded (2005)

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    We need to get way better at LAYUPS.

reading the last four posts consecutively made me laugh lol. love this board

BI gotta knuckle up. winning time!

I like how in Ingram's first game back, he's been good but hasn't really had to do too much. Won't play more than 30 minutes, isn't the leading scorer, hasn't really had to do anything wild, just him being there helps adjust the rotations a bit for other people, provides another threat on the court which makes things easier on other scorers since you can't cheat off him as much. Doesn't have to go for 35, just giving you 20 ish on good efficiency and chilling and it works. Good comeback game for him.

So glad we have Jonas and Herb. They are always gonna give you max effort.

Herb with the cool career high 17 points on 77%TS isn't bad either

Eat garbage Memphis Grizzlies, Eternal Frauds and Losers

We won y'all.

This is such a good squad of guys man. A shame our front office is headed by an absolute charlatan, but nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Eat garbage Memphis Grizzlies, Eternal Frauds and Losers

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    This is such a good squad of guys man. A shame our front office is headed by an absolute charlatan, but nonetheless
    Yeah, if we could get two more bench guys to contribute consistently and not have Temple coming in the game, we would be alright. Like the five on the floor to end the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Part of them playing has been injuries. Up until today we'd been missing Zion, Ingram, and either Naji or Herb for most of the season. If you're missing your 1st, 2nd, and 6th men, then your 9th, 10th, and 11th men all move up one in the rotation. Plus, Kira was supposed to be playable this year, but has turned out thus far to be god-awful. So they all have to arguably move up two spots in the rotation.

Hopefully Naji comes back soon (and plays more like his 2020-21 self) and then Zion isn't too long after and both Sato and Temple can get bumped out of the rotation. And then Trey can get more minutes too.
    Actually, if your 1st, 2nd and 6th man in the rotation are out, those 9-10-11 players become your 6-7-8 players, moving up three spots in the rotation. Your point is valid, but even more so than you stated.

Tank on | off

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    You know I'm right

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Actually, if your 1st, 2nd and 6th man in the rotation are out, those 9-10-11 players become your 6-7-8 players, moving up three spots in the rotation. Your point is valid, but even more so than you stated.
    You are right and I cannot count, it seems.

Herb looking like the steal of the draft.

Sato hasnt been terrible, but his minutes always make me nervous.

Trey's minutes are just weird. Dont get it. His minutes dont have to be attached to BI.

Nice win they needed it. Here comes this ridiculous schedule again.

Hopefully Naji can come back and take away Temple's mins. Sato hasn't been bad, his shot isn't falling right now but he's taken the spot from Kira. Willie may have to ask him to shoot 3s more if needed.

No one wants more Naji

Thread Information