Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 12th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Brooklyn Nets - 1-11

Pelicans November 12th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Brooklyn Nets - 1-11

Rev up those friers because I am ready for another Pelicans loss. 1-12, here we come baby.

Tonight we play the 8-4 Brooklyn Nets, 3rd in the East, with KD having a monster offensive year and Harden starting to come back round as a shooter, even if his overall numbers are a shadow of their former selves due to FT rate reductions and such.

The odds of us winning this game are extremely low. Even if we get monster games from Devonte' and NAW and JV, that will almost certainly not matter, because we got that last game. NAW gave us his best performance of the season, JV had 25/15, and even though Devonte' didn't light it up he had 18 and passed well throughout - what let us down is precisely what keeps letting us down, with the most regularity. That is, bench minutes: our 9th man is currently having to act as the 6th man due to multiple injuries, and when that happens you end up with what we have - a team that plays 3 or 4 guys who should just not be in the rotation at all.

But hey, miracles happen.
    Basketball.

Any chance BI plans tonight?

Honestly, his "hip contusion" is starting to remind me of all of the Saints players that ended up with sports hernias that were misdiagnosed. I don't know anything about him personally or medically. Just that the situation appears similar. With those Saints players it was initially diagnosed as abdominal strains. Hopefully it was just a bone bruise or something and the pain has been lingering a bit. Bruising of the periosteum can take a while to heal and is very painful.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 11-12-2021 at 02:33 PM.

BI is out
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    BI is out
    I hate this team

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I just opened the game, and I saw at the bottom

"Pelicans are on an 8 game losing streak. Longest since 2019-20 season."

That was just 2 years ago. Made me laugh. Not enough time has passed to use that information.:P

Well at least one good thing happened tonight. Randomly ran into Joel roaming the arena with his Gallon of popcorn.

Uber friendly and legit no voice change lol. Thanked me at least 4 times, he's happy to see anyone coming out to the games consistently.
    Last edited by AD-AT; 11-12-2021 at 07:07 PM.

So... This is what's Gonna happen.

We are gonna maintain an nba worst record till January... Then, we'll get Zion back. Start winning games. End up drafting out of the top 10 again...

Like Pelicans are doing rocket science on what will deliver us the most pain...

Well at least we can shoot a little today

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So... This is what's Gonna happen.

We are gonna maintain an nba worst record till January... Then, we'll get Zion back. Start winning games. End up drafting out of the top 10 again...

Like Pelicans are doing rocket science on what will deliver us the most pain...
    January? You got some inside info that says Zion will be out another 7 weeks, or are you just guessing based on PelsLife?

I mean any time you have Sato coming in it's not great, but glad Willie is finally making the Kira decision to bench. Or maybe this was made a few games ago. I haven't been watching this garbage

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I mean any time you have Sato coming in it's not great, but glad Willie is finally making the Kira decision to bench. Or maybe this was made a few games ago. I haven't been watching this garbage
    Yeah there's been more Sato than Kira recently, though last game for example both played. Both have been really bad. It's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic, frankly.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    ahhh the ole Sato and Temple combo

DEADLY

Jonas and Devonte' both sit

Nets score like 10 points immediately

Temple is the worst. Had multiple missed WIDE OPEN 3s and bricked.

What happened to NAW?

Basketball Guru
    i think we loose by 40-50pts tonight....this might be the game where some kind of change may happen in the org...

Anyone got a Pels stream?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Anyone got a Pels stream?
    nbabite

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i think we loose by 40-50pts tonight....this might be the game where some kind of change may happen in the org...
    It would have to be a hell of a 4th quarter collapse given that we're nearly at halftime and it's a 1 possession game.

Wouldn't put it past us, but we seem to have a strange knack for staying in these games right until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    nbabite
    Strange. I can't find the actually play button or link for video

your dms are full

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    your dms are full
    Sorry, can you try again?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It would have to be a hell of a 4th quarter collapse given that we're nearly at halftime and it's a 1 possession game.

Wouldn't put it past us, but we seem to have a strange knack for staying in these games right until the end.
    lol i said it in the first period and they decided to hang in there but we know the second half go lol...

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Sorry, can you try again?
    ok

now you can watch unicycle plate lady halftime show

Thread Information