Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 1-10

Pelicans November 10th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Oklahoma City Thunder - 1-10

In what is probably our best chance to win a game in a while, tonight the Pelicans face the 3-6 OKC Thunder at home, coming back from their extended road trip completely winless.

OKC is one of the only teams in the NBA with a worse offense than ours, but their defense is at least top 20 which ours is very much not, so the lack of defensive resistance we put up will probably help mitigate their offensive struggles somewhat. Meanwhile, Herb and BI are still listed as questionable - will we be able to conjure enough offense to really sustain a victory without BI, given how much we've had trouble doing that lately?

Time to find out.
    Basketball.

Time for coach to change up the lineup. I expected "something" out of the vets but let the other guys play if they can't do anything.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we need to lose another 10 games to fire Griffin, so be it.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    you dont think griff get a pass for zion and ingram being out?....if its just about the product on the court then griff defense should be the pelicans were without 2 all stars that played a big part in this season outcome...then you have the owner who might look at payroll and see that she is paying people who is not in the org. anymore and might not want to take on more financial cost.......

its fun for us to spend her money but im sure she think differently lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Amen.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    you dont think griff get a pass for zion and ingram being out?
    Nope, because the reasons people are mad at Griff aren't solely based on the record. Poor communication, weird asset management, questionable PR, etc, are all factors in why some people want him gone and those would be true whether we were 1-10 or 7-4.

If we lose to the Thunder, that dark void you can see behind the eyes of the players, will become a black hole.

Is Zion Williamson cleared to play tonight?

Gonna need Willie to coach hard ****** SVG and be very assertive towards the bench and NAW.

Nice guy stuff gotta end if we want to win games at this point. You can't be silent when you got NAW shooting you out of games on bad shots, Kira hiding in the corner, Naji try to brick 4 shots and TO in 6 minutes, and the offense completely bottoming out with the bench unit.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Is Zion Williamson cleared to play tonight?

He's cleared to play with my emotions.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Herb back in, Naji out, Ingram remains questionable (read: out)

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    He's cleared to play with my emotions.

That's some BS

Lol we are the worst team in the league, but we are missing our 2 best players so I’ll let it slide.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    ROFL. Ingram, go ahead and sit on the bench in street clothes with your max contract. We were 1-5 with you. You weren't doing that much anyway.

Full tank please. No half measures.

This game is so weird because there's actually a lot of really good stuff happening on the court but then you realise that Garrett Temple is 0/5 from the floor and Herb is 1/7 and both Kira and Trey are 1/4, and as a result the team is overall shooting terribly but still we're somehow in it because, as mentioned in the OP, OKC is one of the few teams with an offense even weaker than ours.

It's so weird. This is going to be a game with a final score of like, 91-94.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This game is so weird because there's actually a lot of really good stuff happening on the court but then you realise that Garrett Temple is 0/5 from the floor and Herb is 1/7 and both Kira and Trey are 1/4, and as a result the team is overall shooting terribly but still we're somehow in it because, as mentioned in the OP, OKC is one of the few teams with an offense even weaker than ours.

It's so weird. This is going to be a game with a final score of like, 91-94.
    And of course the moment I say that, OKC hit a bunch of shots and the vibe shifts again

This is the hardest team to watch we've ever had. Sooo many dumb mistakes and poor shooting SMH

Green may be TOO passive , especially for a young team. I mean you don't have to be SVG or Thibodeau Hard but it looks like Green is just a passenger

This is just bad basketball.

Where’s that dude at that said there is no way we will start 4-21?

He is right…. 1-24 is more like it!!!

On the not so bright side we know what we have and can make some decisions.

I hate this team more than any other season. Not one single player has taken advantage of their additional minutes outside of maybe Herb. None of them can play. I was so high on NAW, Jax and Kira but they all seem terrible at this point. We've got Trey airballing wide open 3s. We're a joke.

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar
    Very disappointed in this team. Half this team should be in the D league.
    Geaux Pells!

Thread Information