Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 8th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 1-9

Well the 2nd half is upon us and the team forgets how to play.

Willie's look at Trey.

Kira, Tomas, Naji, and Trey are a combined 0/10 over a combined 32 minutes of play. Just incredible how little scoring value they hold right now.
    Basketball.

Somebody gotta explain this shooting to me mannnn...

I've never seen anything quite this bad in regards to plays zero point outings

Insert Alvarado, please. Give him some run.

It's basically the same game over and over. We start good in the 1st half and then awful in the 2nd.
    The bench is just horrendous, the only person to score off the bench tonight if I'm not mistaken is Jaxson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Kira, Tomas, Naji, and Trey are a combined 0/10 over a combined 32 minutes of play. Just incredible how little scoring value they hold right now.
    0/14 in 45 combined minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    It's basically the same game over and over. We start good in the 1st half and then awful in the 2nd.
    The bench is just horrendous, the only person to score off the bench tonight if I'm not mistaken is Jaxson.
    You are correct, all 10 bench points come from Jax.

This is hard to watch

Nice Guy Willie gotta be running dry. At this point... Nice guy stuff producing this clown show.

Why does Willie keep going w/ the same rotations when they aren't working? Jose? Bringing NAW off the bench? Anything different to change it up.
    Plus, was Jaxson, NAW and Kira a bit better under SVG or nah?

It's almost stunning how much more success NAW has when he's driving than when he isn't.

Obviously the two numbers can't really be separated like this because of context and how driving games fuel the shooting, but he's 2/9 from 3 and 5/8 from 2. That should tell him something.

We crash at the bend of every 3rd/4th qtr. It's honestly the only consistent thing about us. It's maddening.

But then again the Mavs would be just like us without Luka and the Unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    We crash at the bend of every 3rd/4th qtr. It's honestly the only consistent thing about us. It's maddening.

But then again the Mavs would be just like us without Luka and the Unicorn.
    More like just without Luka. Porzingis is 80% washed.

5+ minute drought... That's just unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I've never seen anything quite this bad in regards to plays zero point outings
    Still think 4-21 ain’t gonna happen?

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Still think 4-21 ain’t gonna happen?
    I told you we was losing tonight lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's almost stunning how much more success NAW has when he's driving than when he isn't.

Obviously the two numbers can't really be separated like this because of context and how driving games fuel the shooting, but he's 2/9 from 3 and 5/8 from 2. That should tell him something.
    Why isn't Willie telling him? Or if Willie is telling him why is he allowing NAW to continue to do it?

Ha! JV the best 3pt shooter on the team.

NAW is really 2-10 from the 3... Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    NAW is really 2-10 from the 3... Yikes.
    And yet, 6/9 from 2.

Please realise this, NAW!

One thing remains impressive: how close we manage to keep making these losses. You really do get a sense that if we just had, oh I don't know, two all-stars on the team, we'd be looking pretty good right now!

Crazy how that happens, wonder where we might be able to get some of those guys?

Couldn't even cover a double digit spread... Ugh..

It has gotten to the point where I DVR Pelicans games and just fast forward through the 4th quarter while I watch the score of the game go by at the bottom of the screen — saves me time and misery.

Thread Information