Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 8th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 1-9

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    4-16 QTR... Yikes. All because we don't have a bench. AFTER BUILDING THIS ROSTER FOR 3 YEARS.
    Right. If we had a bench it wouldn't be so bad.

In fairness, the bench situation gets a lot better when you remember that three members of our bench are currently starting.

Zion, Herb, and Ingram returning bumps NAW, Hart, and Temple back to the bench.

Not that Temple or NAW are giving us much right now anyway, but at least having Hart on the bench would be nice.
    Basketball.

4/10 of our players managed to score points.... Wow.

You know what's interesting to me is even when Jonas is bad, he still looks good.

NAW is terrible! Just in case anyone hasn’t noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    In fairness, the bench situation gets a lot better when you remember that three members of our bench are currently starting.

Zion, Herb, and Ingram returning bumps NAW, Hart, and Temple back to the bench.

Not that Temple or NAW are giving us much right now anyway, but at least having Hart on the bench would be nice.
    Who we start at full health.

Graham
    Hart/Herb
    BI
    Zion
    Jonas?

When NAW's bad, he looks really bad. He has had some bad games but this start has to be one of the worst. My goodness y'all.

Who we start at full health.

Graham
    Hart/Herb
    BI
    Zion
    Jonas?
    Yeah I think Herb over Hart, in the starting lineup. He's earned it when he's played, and I think his size and defense would be helpful for covering for the defensive weakness on the wing we'd likely have with Devonte', Zion, and Ingram all being on court. Hart's biggest skill is tenacious rebounding and with Jonas and Zion on the court I don't see that as a key 'need' for that lineup - better to have him on the bench imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    NAW is terrible! Just in case anyone hasn’t noticed.
    Yeah I expected more this year
    SIGN A SF

Oh look, NAW actually tempts to get to the rim for once and he hits a shot. Miracles do occur.

Please learn the game 10!!

Hayes with more low IQ mistakes again.

At this point Ball>>> NAW. His 3 ball is worse than Russell Westbrook. His averaging below 26% now.

Ball is atleast playable. NAW is burning us with his 3s.

At this point Ball>>> NAW. His 3 ball is worse than Russell Westbrook. His averaging below 26% now.

At this point, 90% of the league > NAW. No reason to keep bringing up Ball, we get enough of that from the media

Lol. I was talking w/ someone today about Westbrook and he said the Pels could use him. I laughed and said we kinda already have a younger version, NAW.

You know what's funny? A surprising number of guards are shooting really badly this year so far.

Lillard is averaging 35%FG and 24%3PT.
    Lavine is at 33% from 3 right now.
    Duncan Robinson is at 34%FG and 32%3PT
    De'Aaron Fox is at 39%FG and 19%3PT

Wonder what's going on. NBA switched to a new ball this year, didn't it?

It's always been the story with NAW, he gets in his own head. I think he's talented, but he puts too much pressure on himself and loses confidence.

In the meantime, this has been painful basketball to watch. It's apparent that we don't have anyone that can efficiently get us into offensive sets. I like Graham, but he's playing out of position as our point. Val is probably the only guy out there who really looks like he belongs as a NBA starter.

And by the way, am I the only one who took a look at Dallas' bench and thought that David Griffin had jumped ship and started coaching the Mavs. I did a double take when I realized that was Jason Kid.

At this point, 90% of the league > NAW. No reason to keep bringing up Ball, we get enough of that from the media
    Lonzo is 3/11 right now in this game vs the Nets. He can stay right where he is.

You know what's funny? A surprising number of guards are shooting really badly this year so far.

Lillard is averaging 35%FG and 24%3PT.
    Lavine is at 33% from 3 right now.
    Duncan Robinson is at 34%FG and 32%3PT
    De'Aaron Fox is at 39%FG and 19%3PT

Wonder what's going on. NBA switched to a new ball this year, didn't it?
    Yep, they did get a new ball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Lonzo is 3/11 right now in this game vs the Nets. He can stay right where he is.

Derozan been playing out of his mind.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    It's always been the story with NAW, he gets in his own head. I think he's talented, but he puts too much pressure on himself and loses confidence.

In the meantime, this has been painful basketball to watch. It's apparent that we don't have anyone that can efficiently get us into offensive sets. I like Graham, but he's playing out of position as our point. Val is probably the only guy out there who really looks like he belongs as a NBA starter.

And by the way, am I the only one who took a look at Dallas' bench and thought that David Griffin had jumped ship and started coaching the Mavs. I did a double take when I realized that was Jason Kid.
    i said the same thing about kidd earlier lol...

We talking about NAW but he's defense has been really good on Hardaway.

I want to get excited but we got double jeopardy in the 4th QTR...

Welp... Now we playing for the spread now. 2nd half collapse on cue.

Thread Information