Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 8th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 1-9

That Pelicans ML at +375 looks juicy...

I hope to see some Jose off the bench tonight, we need a spark plug from the bench b/c honestly the first unit has been solid even despite NAW's poor shooting. The bench has been pitiful and throws us out of games.

Basketball Guru
    hart scared to shoot the 3 then pass to naw who cant make anything lol...

Hayes does the one thing he is good at... NOT SHOOTING... Dunks...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    hart scared to shoot the 3 then pass to naw who cant make anything lol...
    Great passing there but I think it's more they trying to not give up on NAW or have him give up on himself.

Feels like this is just setting up another 4th QTR Ultra Instincts Luka game...

Okay NAW... This is part you become a team player on offense create some shots for others and not become a black hole... Pls.

Jaxson Hayes Eurostep
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Okay NAW... This is part you become a team player on offense create some shots for others and not become a black hole... Pls.
    NAW is just confusing me so much with his choices at the moment.

Your shot isn't falling. Okay, cool, happens to everyone. You know how you find your rhythm when you're in an extended cold streak? You take good shots and find a way to make impact elsewhere, with defense or playmaking, or even just doing a Josh Hart impression and crashing the boards. You don't solve it by taking increasingly more difficult shots en masse.

As a basketball fan I love the new offensive rules. As a gambler... It's stressful to not have that sure bet security blanket from these FT scamers.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Great passing there but I think it's more they trying to not give up on NAW or have him give up on himself.
    yeah but hart is making his 3s tonight....forget naw right now..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NAW is just confusing me so much with his choices at the moment.

Your shot isn't falling. Okay, cool, happens to everyone. You know how you find your rhythm when you're in an extended cold streak? You take good shots and find a way to make impact elsewhere, with defense or playmaking, or even just doing a Josh Hart impression and crashing the boards. You don't solve it by taking increasingly more difficult shots en masse.
    I think on his very 1st game like 3 years ago... In 2 minutes bricks like 5 stupid shots and gets himself benched. I don't understand what he's trying to accomplish... It's not even a green light issue anymore. It's just not winning basketball and really comes off as selfish. You got to learn how to play winning basketball 1st and foremost. Is your goal to win games or chase stats? It just looks suspect and I'm getting kind of tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think on his very 1st game like 3 years ago... In 2 minutes bricks like 5 stupid shots and gets himself benched. I don't understand what he's trying to accomplish... It's not even a green light issue anymore. It's just not winning basketball and really comes off as selfish. You got to learn how to play winning basketball 1st and foremost. Is your goal to win games or chase stats? It just looks suspect.
    It's weird as well because we know he can do it. He's played games where he's taken sensible shots and played passing lanes on defense and passed well. It's something he's totally capable of doing. He just doesn't, and I can't figure out why. He'll make more money in the NBA fulfilling the position of ''reliable roleplayer'' than he will in the role of ''incredibly inefficient unreliable chucker''.

I don't know what it is... But can I get SVG Naji back. I don't like this one.

Willie has to change this bench up. It's not working. They haven't score yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Willie has to change this bench up. It's not working. They haven't score yet.
    Trey, Naji, Tomas, NAW, and Temple so far have combined to go 0/10 from the floor.

Meanwhile, Jonas, Devonte' Jax, and Hart have combined to go 12/20.

Edit: 0/12. Naji just missed two more shots.

Basketball Guru
    i think we need to play jonas and jax together and let jax guard the unicorn ...

Why does no one set up Trey?

I would have pulled him right there. NAW what the heck?

Basketball Guru
    maybe its me but kidd is looking like griff with the glasses on lol...

Now we got Josh Hart trying to hit stepback 3s with double digit time left on the shot clock.

Man... I really don't want to complain about our filler salary and 1-2 year draft picks doing nothing ... Atleast Hayes and Hart are doing good.

I liked NAW's dig on the help there but then his footwork turned into the biggest mess on the planet, extremely lucky that didn't turn into him getting scored on.

Josh Hart taking approximately 18 months to rotate there

4-16 QTR... Yikes. All because we don't have a bench. AFTER BUILDING THIS ROSTER FOR 3 YEARS.

Thread Information