Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: November 8th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 1-9

Pelicans November 8th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 1-9

Pelicans take on the Mavericks on the road, to find out if they go 1-10 or 2-9. 1-10 would be the franchise's worse start since 2015-16, which was also the last time we went 1-9 to start the season.
    Basketball.

NOP +9 is the right play... If BI is healthy. Line +8.5. Buy the point.

Mavs has only won one game with a margin greater than 9 once.

If BI isn't playing... Flip to Mavs -8. I think I'll stick with Pels regardless since ill be making my plays in an hour

I'm currently 9-1 on Pelicans
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-08-2021 at 02:27 PM.

I got the Pels at 4-21 after 25 games, regardless of who comes back and when and who doesnt. Take a look at the schedule and let me know if you agree or if I am being pessimistic again with my prediction

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    I got the Pels at 4-21 after 25 games, regardless of who comes back and when and who doesnt. Take a look at the schedule and let me know if you agree or if I am being pessimistic again with my prediction
    As someone that gambles and leans on analytics...

4-21 is way too low rent for even this talent deficient team.

5-18 IS a bit more realistic, but you got to take it game by game.

I settle closer to 7 - 19

Really bad teams do peel off winning streaks. We did it at 6-26

I feel like it does matter who comes back. For example, if neither Ingram nor Zion return by game 25, I could easily see us sitting at only 3 wins, maybe 4 if we get lucky. On the other hand, if both were to miraculously return tonight, I could see 7 or 8 wins at that point being entirely feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    As someone that gambles and leans on analytics...

4-21 is way too low rent for even this talent deficient team.

5-18 IS a bit more realistic, but you got to take it game by game.

I settle closer to 7 - 19
    Having one number at 25 games, one at 23 and one at 26 is astounding. Kudos.

BI has missed a lot more games than I expected. Once again, the team is keeping the information silent. He may have had his leg amputated for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel like it does matter who comes back. For example, if neither Ingram nor Zion return by game 25, I could easily see us sitting at only 3 wins, maybe 4 if we get lucky. On the other hand, if both were to miraculously return tonight, I could see 7 or 8 wins at that point being entirely feasible.
    Sure - but I think we all know Zion wont be back within the first 25 and if he is, it will be for those last 5 or so and he will be limited. We have already seen this team stink with BI. And when you look at the schedule, there are very few bad teams on it. I would say there are only 3 teams definitely worse than the Pels with BI and no Zion. So, even if BI comes back, I would say 4 is the most likely. Which, honestly, is improvement because they will be 1-10 after tonight, so 4-21 will mean they went 3-11 over the next 14 and that is much improved

Having one number at 25 games, one at 23 and one at 26 is astounding. Kudos.
    It really be like that tho. You can sleepwalk into win regular season games that you have no business winning. Just like who we blown games we have no business losing. Winning two more games is kind of a mountain of itself.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-08-2021 at 05:07 PM.

And we can also lose games we “should win”

Like, no doubt we beat a team in the next month that we have no business beating but we will probably lose to OKC or Houston too. Honestly, I think 4-21 might be a little optimistic. I would say 3-22 is more likely than 6-19

And we can also lose games we “should win”

Like, no doubt we beat a team in the next month that we have no business beating but we will probably lose to OKC or Houston too. Honestly, I think 4-21 might be a little optimistic. I would say 3-22 is more likely than 6-19
    I think 4-21 and 3-22 historically has very low low percentage of happening. It's close to WOAT NBA starts. They are gonna luck them selves into atleast 5 wins. Just as difficult to be a good team... It's difficult to be that awful.

Even Gentry got a 6-22 start. NBA regular season is long and we are gonna catch a team sleeping or fatigue. We aren't WOAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I think 4-21 and 3-22 historically has very low low percentage of happening. It's close to WOAT NBA starts. They are gonna luck them selves into atleast 5 wins. Just as difficult to be a good team... It's difficult to be that awful.

Even Gentry got a 6-22 start. NBA regular season is long and we are gonna catch a team sleeping or fatigue. We aren't WOAT bad.
    What is the likelihood of 1-10? Probably pretty low right?

I agree, if we hadn't played any games or if we were talking about the next 25. But again, after tonight, they would only need to go 3-11 over the next 14, which I wouldn't think is that low probability.

BI and Herb out again. Oh well.

I really hate it for Devonte and Jonas b/c they have played well and they just came to the team looking to win. The biggest let down was Zion being hurt, had we known earlier, expectations may have not been so high coming into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I really hate it for Devonte and Jonas b/c they have played well and they just came to the team looking to win. The biggest let down was Zion being hurt, had we known earlier, expectations may have not been so high coming into the season.
    Yeah, if everyone knew that back in early August that Zion was going to miss the first 15 games minimum and that Ingram was going to miss half of those 15 as well, nobody would have predicted a winning record.

I guess if you want the silver lining, it's that Dallas' 6-3 record so far mostly comes from beating on tomato cans like the Spurs and Rockets, who are also terrible, and that they actually have a bottom 15 defense and a bottom 10 offense so far, so if we're going to get a win without Ingram or Zion or Herb this is probably the best chance we're going to get outside of just playing OKC 10 times.

Guess I'll watch the first half. I can't take a Saints and Pels L back-to-back.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    BI has missed a lot more games than I expected. Once again, the team is keeping the information silent. He may have had his leg amputated for all we know.
    I hate that. I hate that we can’t trust our front office to handle this well and be truthful.

Basketball Guru
    the saints loss to atlanta so the pelicans have to save the week for me by winning tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I hate that. I hate that we can’t trust our front office to handle this well and be truthful.
    If the fans can start mailing brooms to Pelicans HQ... that would be a fitting message.

What is the likelihood of 1-10? Probably pretty low right?

I agree, if we hadn't played any games or if we were talking about the next 25. But again, after tonight, they would only need to go 3-11 over the next 14, which I wouldn't think is that low probability.
    1-10 actually isn't low... A lot of bad teams go on 1-10 runs. With BI and Jones out... I can almost GTD it, but Mavs have played teams super close. I still think Pel line move to +9.... So, I'm taking Pels +10 now.

I'd like to see Graham go off.

Jonas and Graham gonna need back surgery by the time BI and Zion from carrying this team.

Thread Information