Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 1-8

Four of the five starters have positive (+/-) at halftime. I say this only to point out how futile our bench play is.

....and four of five starters are on pace to play 35 minutes or more tonight barring the usual fourth quarter collapse

Basketball Guru
    Our new name ...The new Orleans turnovers..lol

We kept it too close. Refs had to end that.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

All I can do is laugh while feeling absolutely nothing.

Business as usual.

Perhaps JAX is hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Our new name ...The new Orleans turnovers..lol
    More like New Orleans Generals? I mean at some point, I expect Curry to start chasing around Dramon with a bucket of confetti during a timeout.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Same ole ********

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Will the next home game have like family members only in the stands? I can't see a whole lotta people paying money for this product.

The NAW and Jax experiment might be over. Not seeing any improvement with them. Jones and TM3 look more promising.

Jose Alvarado needs more playing time.

It's really weird because we have a world renowned shooting coach and Fred always has these high profile players like Lonzo where they come in and their shot improves immensely......but every season our team as a whole shoots like trash.

Warriors Bench outscored Pelican Starters 57-55.

I think we all know now why SVG didn't want to play NAW, JAX, or Kira.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-05-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Will the next home game have like family members only in the stands? I can't see a whole lotta people paying money for this product.
    We have been tanking in what seems like perpetuity. People will at some point stop paying for a poor product. Say what you want, but George Shinn put together a great product.

Basketball Guru
    My prisoner of the moment is that he should start at pg and move NAW to the bench..

My prisoner of the moment is that he should start at pg and move NAW to the bench..
    Been saying this. NAW doesn't deserve starting mins right now and I'm not blaming him at all but Green has to change it up. Doing this at least gives us a different look. What we're doing now isn't working.

Ready To admit to the talent problem?
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-06-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Been saying this. NAW doesn't deserve starting mins right now and I'm not blaming him at all but Green has to change it up. Doing this at least gives us a different look. What we're doing now isn't working.
    If it's true that Griff want naw to start then it's out of green hands......van gundy buck the system and had him coming off the bench or played him when he wanted to....

On the flip side..if Zion and Ingram were healthy than maybe naw and Jax would play better...idk.

If it's true that Griff want naw to start then it's out of green hands......van gundy buck the system and had him coming off the bench or played him when he wanted to....

On the flip side..if Zion and Ingram were healthy than maybe naw and Jax would play better...idk.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't doing the right things (basketball wise) now. Teams w/ young players like Sac or Memphis aren't making silly mistakes every night. Turnovers, not rebounding consistently, being an totally confused team in the 4th Q (as if they haven't played three other Qs) is happening every night w/ this team and that doesn't have to do w/ talent per se. Sure it would be great if we had more talent but Westbrook is one of the most talented dudes to ever play in the NBA and he doesn't have one yet and I believe it's for the same reason we are struggling now. It has to do w/ IQ, slowing the tempo down when you see your team struggling, staying in the moment and not jumping ahead, outsmarting your opponent not so much by scoring but by doing the little things to win. This is just bad basketball esp when they get in the 4Q. This also happened when BI was in there. Sure they played a bit more cohesively but they still made mistakes at the wrong time.

NAW is the perfect example of this. We all can see this kid has talent yet he's rushing everything he's doing out there. He has to slow down and allow the game to come to him and honestly just have fun. Looking at him, he doesn't look like he's having any of that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    The NAW and Jax experiment might be over. Not seeing any improvement with them. Jones and TM3 look more promising.
    NAW, JAX, Kira, and, to a lessor extent, Zion are the perfect examples why it's a crapshoot when drafting too many underclassmen to one team. No matter how much God-Given talent a player might have, they have to KNOW THE GAME IN ORDER TO PLAY THE GAME. They may have extraordinarily high ceilings, all, but at the same time, they also have subterranean floors. That's why Herb is showing so well this early; he played four years of college ball and knows the game.

It's also why, I would give Jose Alvarado a chance to show his wares.

That second half of the game was awful ...

Jose Alvarado has a top 3 basketball IQ on this team along with Jonas and Herb Jones.

Hayes, Kira, and NAW are too raw fundamentally and basically not talented enough to be getting significant minutes on a competitive team.

Lineup when healthy should be:

PG: Graham/Alvarado/Lewis/Satoransky
    SG: Ingram/Murphy/NAW
    SF: Jones/Temple/Louzada
    PF: Zion/Hart/Marshall
    C: JV/Hernangomez/Hayes

NAW is an unreliable, streaky shooter with low IQ who doesn’t stand out in any way.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 11-06-2021 at 02:59 AM.

Lineup when healthy should be:

PG: Graham/Alvarado/Lewis/Satoransky
    SG: Ingram/Murphy/NAW
    SF: Jones/Temple/Louzada
    PF: Zion/Hart/Marshall
    C: JV/Hernangomez/Hayes

NAW is an unreliable, streaky shooter with low IQ who doesn’t stand out in any way.
    Can't argue with that at all.

Thread Information