Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 1-8

Pelicans November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 1-8

On a 5 game losing streak, the Pelicans go to the Warrior's home ground in what is expected by pretty much everyone to be another loss.

Not only are Ingram and Herb still questionable on the injury report, but the Warriors are also actually a good team! Currently 6-1, the Warriors are 2nd in the West right now, led behind a healthy Stephen Curry and a Draymond Green who is having perhaps his most effective scoring season in a long time - if you don't count his all-time bad FT%.

The Warriors lead the NBA in 3PM, and are top 5 in percentage. Not only that, they top the league in both DRebs and ASTs. Plus, even being turnover prone can't stop them from having the league's best rated defense right now.

Losing tonight would give us a 6 game losing streak and take us to 1-9, our worse 10 game start to a season since 2016-17, when we also opened up 1-9. That was the year we saw 26 players take the court in at least one game for us, including names such as Axel Toupane, Anthony Brown, and Archie Goodwin. Since 2016-17, the Pelicans have: new GM, new POBO, new HC, new training staff, and an entirely new roster - not a single player remains from that season. And yet, the more things change the more things stay the same.

Can we avoid that fate tonight, or do we fall to 1-9? Who knows, let's see.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    i hope NAW can get his curry on tonight...this has to be the game where he get out of his slump and shoot lights out...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i hope NAW can get his curry on tonight...this has to be the game where he get out of his slump and shoot lights out...
    NAW shooting slump or not... He's slowly improving his green light and that's what I really want to see.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    If the Pelicans lose, and nobody is watching is it really a loss?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prap.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	6601

It's actually delusional to think a team won't struggle missing their top 2 players. I can't think of any NBA team that would still be above .500 in that situation. In basketball there are only 5 players on the court at a time.

Even tonight, if Steph was out I'd say the Pelicans ex-Zion/BI would have a good chance to win.

That said I hope BI and Herb can go.

Curry over/under 40? What say you? I say over...

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I guess the one clear improvement from last year is guards aren't doing crazy numbers against us.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's actually delusional to think a team won't struggle missing their top 2 players. I can't think of any NBA team that would still be above .500 in that situation. In basketball there are only 5 players on the court at a time.
    Completely agree. I've said it before a million times, I'll say it again: even most championship calibre teams, missing their best player, are loss-factories. Without Lebron, the 2016 Championship Cavs went 1-6. Without Curry, the 2018-19 Warriors (who still had Durant, Klay, and Draymond) went 5-8.

Based on their averages last season, missing Zion and Ingram we are down 51pts, 12rbs and 8.5 asts per game on 65 and 59% TS respectively.

Nobody can name a team that wouldn't struggle mightily to win games missing that much contribution.

Getting tired of these 9pm games...

Current play is GS -8

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Is Herb playing? No? Over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Is Herb playing? No? Over.
    That was my initial thought as well but I'm just going with over regardless

Herb Jones not playing, he rolled his ankle in practice. Sigh.

We're getting the fabled Josh-Hart-At-The-Four minutes

Bqlly Sports App messing up for me, again. Thankfully this one is on ESPN.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

"The warriors don't want to allow this team that has scoreres all over the floor get started early....."

Oh lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Getting tired of these 9pm games...
    Blame it on the west coast trips. They deserve 7 pm tips too.

Herb sprain his ankle pregame lol pelslife

Need to be smarter. Stop trying to play the Warriors' game.

38 pt 1st q

Another L
    SIGN A SF

On the plus side, NAW had a solid first quarter. Played a little smarter, took better shots - made some shots, for God's sake.

Lewis has looked terrible

Basketball Guru
    We are being out coach..we playing small ball and missing outside shots instead of playing with Jax where he can cover the 3 point shooters and score inside for us....we don't have the shooters to play golden state game

Trey Murphy thus far is having one of those rookie seasons where he will definitely not win ROTY but will just be quietly solid, and be good enough to warrant lots of minutes to make progress in, ready to produce in a bigger role next season.

He hasn't scored yet tonight but his defense has been really solid.

I?m really liking Graham. Now if he could just rub off on others not named JV and Ingram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information