Pelicans Report

Thread: Do the Pelicans Have a Protected 2022 Lottery 1st Round Pick?

Do the Pelicans Have a Protected 2022 Lottery 1st Round Pick?

In the event this season goes downhill fast.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If we don't make the playoffs, we keep the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    And Lakers is top 10 protected...

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    We need to tank then

JAX is getting schooled.

Is there even a generational talent in this draft for us to rank for?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is there even a generational talent in this draft for us to rank for?
    We have to wait for the college season for one to materialize. I don't trust beanpoles. Chet whatever or the French kid don't impress me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RJinMandeville View Post
    In the event this season goes downhill fast.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. There are probably a good 4,000 on any given night in the city that will tolerate going down this rabbit hole again. It's just too depressing to watch anymore.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We have to wait for the college season for one to materialize. I don't trust beanpoles. Chet whatever or the French kid don't impress me at all.
    If Paolo and Chet don't impress you, you haven't seen them play. What's funny is people thinking we were ever gonna build a competitive team without years of acquiring high draft picks. No FA or big name trade targets will come here, so how else are we gonna accumulate the talent to actually win consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    If Paolo and Chet don't impress you, you haven't seen them play. What's funny is people thinking we were ever gonna build a competitive team without years of acquiring high draft picks. No FA or big name trade targets will come here, so how else are we gonna accumulate the talent to actually win consistently?
    I can understand having concerns over Chet: he is 7 feet tall and extremely thin, and that is a real issue. There are health problems that come with being that size, especially when it's disproportionate like that. This year will tell us a lot about Chet, how he holds up against bigger bodies, if the shooting is real, etc.

But yeah, I completely agree about Paolo. He's like, 6'10, 240lbs, has ballhandler skills and can hit step-back jumpers, has burst and driving technique, can pull up from the midrange as well as outside, some signs of a post game, flashes signs of being a good passer.

Maybe you don't think he's an all-time prospect, which is fine, but he's clearly pretty solid and would be a top 5 pick in almost any year.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I can understand having concerns over Chet: he is 7 feet tall and extremely thin, and that is a real issue. There are health problems that come with being that size, especially when it's disproportionate like that. This year will tell us a lot about Chet, how he holds up against bigger bodies, if the shooting is real, etc.
    But being 6'6" and weighing 325 is not a problem at all...there are no health problem to be concerned about.

APOLOGISTS UNITE!!!

Watch out for a dude named Jabari Smith this year. Going to Auburn (I was hoping he would pick Alabama). Smooth and athletic. Shows signs of a good stroke. Also, we got a freshman this year named JD Davidson that is the exact kind of alpha this Pelicans team needs. Always hype, always talking, super confident

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Nah. The one I mean is Victor Wembanyama.

Paolo, him I like.

Nah. The one I mean is Victor Wembanyama.

Paolo, him I like.
    Wembanyama isn't even in the draft this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Watch out for a dude named Jabari Smith this year. Going to Auburn (I was hoping he would pick Alabama). Smooth and athletic. Shows signs of a good stroke. Also, we got a freshman this year named JD Davidson that is the exact kind of alpha this Pelicans team needs. Always hype, always talking, super confident
    Seconded Jabari Smith as a guy to watch. I have him somewhere just outside of my top group right now but could easily go up once the sample size racks up, since a few guys in my top group haven't had the best of starts so far this year (see: Nikola Jovic).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Wembanyama isn't even in the draft this year.
    Yeah. They could change eligibility, but still.

Can someone remind me why we passed on Cole Alphany again?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Ask the 14 other teams who did the same thing. And they'd probably mention how weak his freshman year at UNC was, like you're only what you can do in college.

Ask the 14 other teams who did the same thing. And they'd probably mention how weak his freshman year at UNC was, like you're only what you can do in college.
    If that is true, why was Ben Simmons taken #1 overall? Why was Jaylen Brown taken 3rd?

If you only evaluate on college film, a small sample size at that in a weird year, then you aren't doing your job as a scout. Fact is, if Cole never went to college, he would have been a top 5 pick. But he goes to a bad situation and tries to do too much and everyone dismisses him. You can see the guy has a ton of heart and his dad played and is still involved in the league. You bet on guys like that IMO. Unless their name is Austin, lol

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I remember talking so much about how he was in a terrible UNC situation and that his pre-college tape popped so much more, and still sticking with him in my lottery evals until the end. So glad he's pulled it back and is showing what he could have done.

I think a lot of people massively underrate FIBA, HS, etc, in their evaluations. Sometimes it can be extremely telling.

LeBron James may remain on the sidelines longer than expected due to his abdominal strain, according to the Lakers’ former head strength and conditioning coach, Tim DiFrancesco. The recovery for a minor strain is four to eight weeks.

Bruh... Why is that pick only top 10 protected. Should be Lottery protected.

Thread Information