Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: November 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 1-6

Pelicans November 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 1-6

Time to get smoked on the road!

In fairness, the Suns are 2-3 so it's not like they're steamrolling people right now, but we're at the point where we cannot assume that we will win any game.

With regards to the INJURY REPORT:

- Brandon Ingram (Questionable)
    - Devonte' Graham (Questionable)
    - Garrett Temple (Questionable)
    - Zion Williamson (Out)

For me, this means just feed minutes to Jax, Naw, Kira, Herb, etc, in the soft-tank that I described in the other thread. Cap JV's minutes at about 30, and otherwise just give the youth tons of run. No Zion, no Brandon, no Devonte' - see what you can get from everyone else, rather than giving Jonas 45 minutes and getting him to give us 25/20. We know he can do that. Get information on the other guys.

Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

Please let Graham play

Graham says he should be good to go.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    1-7 and the top draft spot.

At least Zion is.....working out now? At least his parents love him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    1-7 and the top draft spot.

At least Zion is.....working out now? At least his parents love him.
    >
    I actually feel bad for Zion to an extent, if the major factor is his weight (we don't know if that's actually what's keeping him off the court - hell, we don't even know for sure it's what broke the foot, anything could have happened, even if weight is likely the explanation), because being overweight and being an over-eater can be very difficult to deal with. In some ways, I feel like a counsellor or a therapist might be just as useful as a nutritionist, depending on his specific issues.

If Devonte plays maybe I'll watch a few minutes. Pels with the backdoor steal +11.5.

SVG announcing. LOL

Pels deciding to start this game by just not missing anything, which is always conducive to good fun.

Early ball-theft antics going on from Devonte'

Devonte' is shaking CP3 right now, wild to see

Also Chris Paul just tied Steve Nash for 3rd all time in assists.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Lost in all the Zion injury and bad weight stuff...is a team that is playing VERY hard and not losing by huge margins.

12 point lead after the first quarter, in which we had 2 turnovers and shot 57% from the floor and 66% from 3.

You win games a lot if you shoot that well and never turn it over, I think.

Ball moves pretty well right now. I won't read into that much...but I'm also reading into it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Lost in all the Zion injury and bad weight stuff...is a team that is playing VERY hard and not losing by huge margins.
    Absolutely. One of the fun things with this team so far this year is that even in all the losses, we're not getting slaughtered. We've lost 6 games but 4 of those losses have been by 7 points or fewer - close games that have come right down to the final few minutes. Even the Philly game where we got blown out to start the season was close for about 3 quarters until Korkmaz went nuts.

It's fun to have a team that just goes for it and really works. Even if you lose, you know it's not because they didn't care. That does mean something, as a fan and a viewer.

I think I have the wrong game on. The one on TNT says we're winning. Is it on ESPN?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I noticed that too that we aren’t winning but we aren’t getting embarrassed either. We will only get better
    I'm a grinder

Turning Phoenix into Trump supporters. Stop the Steal...

Well, this conspiracy is true. I want even more stealing.

They started coming back when I tuned in so I'm gonna stop watching. Lol. I'll do what I have to for the team.

Get ready for the dreaded 3rd qtr

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    They started coming back when I tuned in so I'm gonna stop watching. Lol. I'll do what I have to for the team.
    Lol I did the same.. turned it on and the sun's started coming back

Be positive, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Lol I did the same.. turned it on and the sun's started coming back
    So it wasn't just me. Maybe I'll tune in to the 2nd half then.

Sloppy ending in the 2nd is gonna cost them. They had the chance to be up more

I don't like the way NAW helps when people get into the paint. He leaves his guy open for too many good looks from 3.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

JV and Graham duo games a nice tandem to watch. Enjoying this team tbh.

My guess is Monty is taking the gas out our tank. We likely will lose this game. Hope I’m wrong

Thread Information