Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: November 2nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 1-6

Man... If Griff wasn't a lying scumbag that does stupid ******** like compete for a playoff spot with $27 million in filler salary and betting on internal growth from a bunch of developmental guys with zero coaching continuity over the last three years is absurd...

He easily could of bought him two more years with how fantastic this off season almost was, but it's 3 big steps forward and two small steps back.

Green, Graham, Jonas, Murphy, and Herb is byfar the best offseason in years.

But... Letting Lonzo walk and getting terrible filler is bad. You put yourself in a bad spot of making the team too top heavy and can't afford injury, but even if Zion was healthy. I don't think we would of been better than 3-4. Bench is awful.

Maybe if we offloaded Kira and a pick for Derozan in a sign and trade. Kept Ball. Brought in real vet guys instead of salary fillers. Keep Graham, NAW, Murphy, and Herb develop into a nasty bench.

Maybe we be the ones looking pretty at 6-1 instead of the Bulls if Zion was healthy or 4-3 with Zion injuried

Zion is an issue, but the talent problem is a bigger issue. Burning salary for bull******** deadline trades is unacceptable.. We needed a bench badly.

This halfway competing ******** with Griff is old. Glad to see him get fired in 4 months.

Hells yeah

J.J. was right

This team has a heart to fight and I love it! But can this bad luck finally leave us?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... If Griff wasn't a lying scumbag that does stupid ******** like compete for a playoff spot with $27 million in filler salary and betting on internal growth from a bunch of developmental guys with zero coaching continuity over the last three years is absurd...

He easily could of bought him two more years with how fantastic this off season almost was, but it's 3 big steps forward and two small steps back.

Green, Graham, Jonas, Murphy, and Herb is byfar the best offseason in years.

But... Letting Lonzo walk and getting terrible filler is bad. You put yourself in a bad spot of making the team too top heavy and can't afford injury, but even if Zion was healthy. I don't think we would of been better than 3-4. Bench is awful.

Maybe if we offloaded Kira and a pick for Derozan in a sign and trade. Kept Ball. Brought in real vet guys instead of salary fillers. Keep Graham, NAW, Murphy, and Herb develop into a nasty bench.

Maybe we be the ones looking pretty at 6-1 instead of the Bulls if Zion was healthy or 4-3 with Zion injuried

Zion is an issue, but the talent problem is a bigger issue. Burning salary for bull******** deadline trades is unacceptable.. We needed a bench badly.

This halfway competing ******** with Griff is old. Glad to see him get fired in 4 months.
    Going into the season, it seemed like Satoransky ($10 million) and Hart ($12 million) gave us $22 million to trade for a solid player to help us make a playoff run. We also have TPEs of around $17 million and $3.9 million which could bring a key player and/or role player as well. We also still have $7.8 million of MLE and $3.7 million BAE to use in some combination if needed. Instead, at this point, we should be looking to use those contracts/exceptions to take on bad contracts in exchange for future assets.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Going into the season, it seemed like Satoransky ($10 million) and Hart ($12 million) gave us $22 million to trade for a solid player to help us make a playoff run. We also have TPEs of around $17 million and $3.9 million which could bring a key player and/or role player as well. We also still have $7.8 million of MLE and $3.7 million BAE to use in some combination if needed. Instead, at this point, we should be looking to use those contracts/exceptions to take on bad contracts in exchange for future assets.
    For players we don't even know that are available.... If we gonna waste money... We should of done it in the off season. Trade for Rubio. Pay $10 million for Bobby Portis. Get in on the Patrick Beverley trade.

Like what is this logic of great value at the deadline anyway? Just seems like a hail merry to save the season at best. If we are already in that position anyway... Season is DOA. It was clear as day to me when we took on a bunch of filler. It wasn't a good sign.

griff gotta go man, he gotta go...

let me just say, i have no ill will toward Zion as a person... but as far as this situation goes, ******** him and his family. And my main problem with Griff is that he has no balls in treating this situation the same as POBO. At a certain point, you can no longer capitulate to these people, not disclose injuries when they happen, keep us in the dark and lie to the fans. Either hold Zion and his cult family accountable for 1) his conditioning and 2) his availability to the team and to the media. If him and his fam don't like it, trade them. Your holding the team and the franchise hostage with this bs man

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Went to sleep after the 3rd quarter. I knew they would blow it.

Chris Paul was rope a doping. No way in hell he was losing this game. It wasn't even a concern to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    For players we don't even know that are available.... If we gonna waste money... We should of done it in the off season. Trade for Rubio. Pay $10 million for Bobby Portis. Get in on the Patrick Beverley trade.

Like what is this logic of great value at the deadline anyway? Just seems like a hail merry to save the season at best. If we are already in that position anyway... Season is DOA. It was clear as day to me when we took on a bunch of filler. It wasn't a good sign.
    Rubio is the type of player this team needs, a ballhandler that can calm down the chaos. Portis was not leaving the Bucks, so not really an issue.

Thread Information