Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zion looking very out of shape

The way I see it now, best thing to do is just minimise wear on the main guys.

Working on the assumption that Zion will be back before New Years, but not for at least another 3 weeks, what's the point in playing JV and BI 38 minutes in games we're going to get slammed in anyway?

Cap BI, JV, and Devonte's minutes at 30 per game, and just play NAW/JAX/Trey/Kira/Herb/Naji a ton.

Yeah, we'll probably lose, but we're losing anyway. At least that way we get the maximum sample size for the young guys, we get them as much experience as possible, and if they're going to prove themselves for their extensions or whatever, they get the maximum possible chance to do so. If we're going to lose a million games at least do it in a way that gives us some information. We already know JV can hang 20/15 on anyone, we already know BI can score 30 on any night, they don't need to get injured or overworked playing 38 minutes a night in losing efforts.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Working on the assumption that Zion will be back before New Years, but not for at least another 3 weeks, what's the point in playing JV and BI 38 minutes in games we're going to get slammed in anyway?

Cap BI, JV, and Devonte's minutes at 30 per game, and just play NAW/JAX/Trey/Kira/Herb/Naji a ton.

Yeah, we'll probably lose, but we're losing anyway. At least that way we get the maximum sample size for the young guys, we get them as much experience as possible, and if they're going to prove themselves for their extensions or whatever, they get the maximum possible chance to do so. If we're going to lose a million games at least do it in a way that gives us some information. We already know JV can hang 20/15 on anyone, we already know BI can score 30 on any night, they don't need to get injured or overworked playing 38 minutes a night in losing efforts.
    Yep... Soft shut it down. I like what I see in Willie as head coach.

Our core has doubled from Zion and Ingram... To Zion, Ingram, Jonas, Graham, and NAW. The team is going the right direction talent wise. We should exploit a bad situation and get a top 5 guy.

Oh man.... I just saw the PG class. Maybe go the FA route....

Jaden Hardy is a guy that I could like...

Could the reason for the 2-3 week timetable be to get him in basketball shape? I mean in the YT video, we can debate if he's fat or not but it does look like he's breathing relatively hard and then just kinda jogs off the court to the side, doesn't look like he's fit to be in any game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Oh man.... I just saw the PG class. Maybe go the FA route....

Jaden Hardy is a guy that I could like...
    Yeah it's a rough class for guards. Last year was pretty loaded with them, this time around they're scarce. Great class for big men and forwards though. Even some of the SGs are big - AJ Griffin (who is a top 5 pick, in my opinion, given health) is like 6'7 with a 7'0 wingspan.

Trade Zion and filler for SGA, Giddy, and a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Could the reason for the 2-3 week timetable be to get him in basketball shape? I mean in the YT video, we can debate if he's fat or not but it does look like he's breathing relatively hard and then just kinda jogs off the court to the side, doesn't look like he's fit to be in any game at the moment.
    The injury that they disclosed just a whole bunch of confusion whether if it's a lisfranc, Jone, or Heel fracture.

I think the reason why it's take so long is when you severely break your foot... You displaced or facture your cuneiform bones. They have to realign all the bones in your foot while also evaluate for ligament damage. Which take months to properly heal right.

If Zion only broke his 5th metatarsal...most diagnoses would simply recommend a walking boot and to heal on it's own. The fact that they had to consult and do a surgical procedure means it's more than a Jones fracture. It probably includes the cuniform bones and cuboid bones. Plus, possibly a hairline calcaneous(Heel) fracture.

The biggest problem is just the lack of transparency, trust, and honesty. Which we already got factual proof of them lying. That 5th metatarsal is already healed,but it's something else in that foot that they waiting to heal is the issue.

and go be used car dealer salesman.
    You can buy and sell used car dealers?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    A 1st? Oklahoma would have plenty of assets to add to that...and you cool with ONE first? Four firsts at a minimum. With like two of them mugs being unprotected.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    If you saw it with your own eyes and the news is not good, then your eyes were mistaken. His clothes were baggy or multi layered. Or perhaps you and your date have a vision/alcohol issue. I can go on and on for the reasons you are wrong. HOWEVER, if you have a first hand account of him looking good, moving good, etc. than your story is valid and everything will be fine/great.

C'mon, learn the rules!
    Your slowly becoming my favorite poster here lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thoughts on Jaden Hardy on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    He looked pretty terrible in the gleague in his 1st game and got benched.

I agree with the soft shutdown thing and minimize the wear and tear from the guys especially jv and bi... im going to give hayes a lot of minutes so we can see what we have in him if he is worth an extension or not...same with the other young guys, give them more minutes...

If we end up as top 5 pick... You maybe drafting a PF.

Paolo Banchero, Jalen Duran,Nikola Jović, and jabari Smith

I don't trust 7FTers anymore. So, I rather see someone else risk it on Chet.

If we end up as top 5 pick... You maybe drafting a PF.
    I'll take a lead guard, please. I'm tired of waiting on our 320 pound, Point Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I'll take a lead guard, please. I'm tired of waiting on our 320 pound, Point Forward.
    I'd keep an eye out for Jaden Ivey or Jaden hardy as they continues to progress and get better, but there's no lead guard till we can do some in season evaluation.

The FA list goes as followed:

Players on PO: Wall, Westbrook, and Irving
    UFA: Colin Sexton

It's bad.

Trade worthy Player in the off season: Malcolm Brogdon?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You take the best player available. Who gives a spit about our team’s current make up when that make up isn’t winning enough games? Literally everyone is replaceable with someone better.

The dude straight up lied to us about Zion to sell tickets and try to misdirected, gaslight, and use false pretenses.

You don't see NOLA media trying to expose Saints organization. It's a clown show and no other way to go about it.

Which is sad, because Griff did some really fantastic moves this off season like Jonas, Graham, and Green. It took him 3 years too late, but if he kept his mouth shut. He probably give him self another year.

It's just so weird how he goes out of his way to address the media and makes things so much worse.

We got a GM holding on to $27 million in filler salary and say we going to fight for a playoff spot. What playoff team allocates $27 million for a deadline trade. It makes no sense.

The worst part about it is that we don't even need Zion to win games or be 0.500. We just needed there to be $27 million worth of good talent on the team that can provide good minutes.

The team fills razor thin, but it gets worse when you look at this bloated salary list.

All this for se mythical trade that may never happen. Griffin can take his electric piano, his Alchemist book, and go be used car dealer salesman.
    J.J. As much as I hate admit must have been right all along.

When Zion (if ever)returns be prepared for restricting minutes,not playing last 7 minutes of game even if he wants to play.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    J.J. As much as I hate admit must have been right all along.
    I think that Griff piece was more right. The whole $27 million in filler salary for a deadline trade proves it to me. Just burning money with no real achievable plan.

Griff doesn't talk to the media like someone confident in their plans, trying to communicate.

He talks like someone who is worried and unsure, who will just say whatever they need to say in that moment to get through it.

That sucks, and it doesn't make me inclined to give him benefit of the doubt elsewhere. @GriffinPresser on Twitter exists for a reason.
    Notice Griff throws Green out there to talk to the media lately. I think Griff is just completely lost and does not even want to fact the media with his blatant lies anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Still time, of course, but I am not a big Hardy fan. Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin, Yannick Nzosa, Nikola Jovic, Ousmane Dieng, Jean Montero, etc, are the names I generally find more attractive in the top 12. Obviously Chet also exists, but he's a big topic of debate - I like him a lot, but I do concede that extremely skinny 7 footers produce concerns.

Still time, of course, but I am not a big Hardy fan. Paolo Banchero, AJ Griffin, Yannick Nzosa, Nikola Jovic, Ousmane Dieng, Jean Montero, etc, are the names I generally find more attractive in the top 12. Obviously Chet also exists, but he's a big topic of debate - I like him a lot, but I do concede that extremely skinny 7 footers produce concerns.
    I honestly be afraid to give him real burn as a rookie under 200 lbs. Skeleton man can ball tho.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    Giddey is ********ing great

Shoo-in for the best ever Aussie to play in the NBA

I would do that trade in an instant

Thread Information