Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion looking very out of shape

Hall of Famer

Pelicans Zion looking very out of shape

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqp7iWrLBg

He will not be staying healthy long term if he doesn't cut down on the weight

Him and the front office need to figure this out

It sucks cause he probably was working hard during the off season which is a step forward but gets hurt which is unfortunate and takes a harden step back in his development because of it... i feel sorry for this young man

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqp7iWrLBg

He will not be staying healthy long term if he doesn't cut down on the weight

Him and the front office need to figure this out
    Jenny Craig , Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, Lean Cuisine, Atkins, South Beach Diet etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    It sucks cause he probably was working hard during the off season which is a step forward but gets hurt which is unfortunate and takes a harden step back in his development because of it... i feel sorry for this young man
    You can keep your weight in check with an injury. This is on Zion's lack of professionalism and/or lack of discipline.

Hopefully he’s layering. Like with at least four sweatshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Blizzard like conditions in the blender?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You can keep your weight in check with an injury. This is on Zion's lack of professionalism and/or lack of discipline.
    I’m done defending it. Zion needs to put down the Caniacs and pick up a stick of celery. It’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Reminds me of how everyone and their mother thought James Harden had gained 40lbs during his final season with the Rockets and then he went to Brooklyn and immediately looked more trim, and it was so bad that a bunch of people assumed Harden was wearing a fat suit. Here's an article about it, with pictures of Harden looking night and day literally just days apart.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-d...s-to-the-nets/

We had a bunch of reports, including from people on this board who had been to games, who had seen Zion up close as recently as the last week or two, and they all reported that he looked fine. While obviously distance and clothing can obscure things, which is more likely: Zion is working out in layers (we can literally see at least two layers, given the hoodie and the undershirt) or that he's gained like 25lbs in the last fortnite?

He's probably a bit out of shape given how little he's played and his minimal his workouts have been for a while, but some people on Twitter have been like ''OMFG ZION WEIGHS 350LBS??!?!?'' and the answer to that is just a clear no, don't be stupid.
    Basketball.

I can understand how he may have become depressed by it all and turned to food to cope and I feel for him on that but I'm w/ da Throne on this one, a part of his job is to take care of his body and even w/ injury (maybe moreso) you have to do this. Zion has to learn discipline so no I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for the rest of team and the city b/c we still wait for winning basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I can understand how he may have become depressed by it all and turned to food to cope and I feel for him on that but I'm w/ da Throne on this one, a part of his job is to take care of his body and even w/ injury (maybe moreso) you have to do this. Zion has to learn discipline so no I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for the rest of team and the city b/c we still wait for winning basketball.
    That was me being nice to zion...im probably one of the guys that have been critical about his weight and have been disappointed in him in regards to that ever since he came in the league. As dominant as he was the past seasons, he could have been much better if he maintained his Duke weight or at least not get it too far off from that.... those gained weight are probably the reasons why he gets hurt/injured as well... he still has time in his hands but it has to start now and be really serious if he wants to be great and have a long career...

That was me being nice to zion...im probably one of the guys that have been critical about his weight and have been disappointed in him in regards to that ever since he came in the league. As dominant as he was the past seasons, he could have been much better if he maintained his Duke weight or at least not get it too far off from that.... those gained weight are probably the reasons why he gets hurt/injured as well... he still has time in his hands but it has to start now and be really serious if he wants to be great and have a long career...
    I agree here.

Whatever his Duke weight was around halfway through his college season (he started off a little bigger at the beginning of the year and slimmed a bit as the season went on) is what I envision when I picture Zion at his best condition.

Now obviously the training staff know more than we do and have better insight, so I trust them to have the right things in mind, but it's also up to Zion to listen to them. I can't remember entirely, so I might be wrong, but I feel like there was a thing where the team wanted to assign him a chef and stuff like that but his family said that they didn't need that and that they'd hire their own? Am I totally misremembering that?

If that is true and not just something I imagined, that's the kind of thing that should stop imo. Get a personal trainer for offseasons, get a chef who works with the team to come up with the right balances, truly lock in. I know it's hard going against family, but sometimes you do have to just assert yourself against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. Reminds me of how everyone and their mother thought James Harden had gained 40lbs during his final season with the Rockets and then he went to Brooklyn and immediately looked more trim, and it was so bad that a bunch of people assumed Harden was wearing a fat suit. Here's an article about it, with pictures of Harden looking night and day literally just days apart.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-d...s-to-the-nets/

We had a bunch of reports, including from people on this board who had been to games, who had seen Zion up close as recently as the last week or two, and they all reported that he looked fine. While obviously distance and clothing can obscure things, which is more likely: Zion is working out in layers (we can literally see at least two layers, given the hoodie and the undershirt) or that he's gained like 25lbs in the last fortnite?

He's probably a bit out of shape given how little he's played and his minimal his workouts have been for a while, but some people on Twitter have been like ''OMFG ZION WEIGHS 350LBS??!?!?'' and the answer to that is just a clear no, don't be stupid.
    IDOL-WORSHIPPERS UNITE!!!!

SMH

Lol! He's wearing a hoodie with the pockets in front to put your hands in. They always look baggy in the front like that. People are ridiculous ��

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Lol! He's wearing a hoodie with the pockets in front to put your hands in. They always look baggy in the front like that. People are ridiculous ��
    Eh, I think he might be carrying a bit of extra weight, but I don't think it's nearly as much as some people are thinking. Like I mentioned earlier, people have seen him at the games and reported that he looks to be in good shape - why wouldn't we believe them?

If he's 10lbs over what you'd want him to be, then we shouldn't really be surprised. He's only been working out intensely for like 3 weeks after a long injury recovery period, I'd be surprised if he had remained in tip-top condition through all of that. It's really hard to stay in shape without being able to do proper workouts.

He'll be fine imo

Eh, I think he might be carrying a bit of extra weight, but I don't think it's nearly as much as some people are thinking. Like I mentioned earlier, people have seen him at the games and reported that he looks to be in good shape - why wouldn't we believe them?

If he's 10lbs over what you'd want him to be, then we shouldn't really be surprised. He's only been working out intensely for like 3 weeks after a long injury recovery period, I'd be surprised if he had remained in tip-top condition through all of that. It's really hard to stay in shape without being able to do proper workouts.

He'll be fine imo

I'm sure he put on a little weight when he couldn't run but some of the hyperbole around him is just annoying.

On the bright side the team looks like they are on the right path at least in terms of effort. It's a welcome sight. We haven't seen this much hustle since Dan Dickau was playing point for the hustle bunch. The difference is that we now have two all stars that will hopefully be added to these guys hopefully sooner than later.

Not fat? Then what is it? Beer belly?

I was at the arena Friday night sitting close to the Pels bench. He looks big, and not in a good way. My date even commented on it and she doesn’t even really follow the team. Conservatively he’s 20-30 pounds over his playing weight from last year, to say nothing of his Duke days. Maybe it can come off fast, but right now he doesn’t look anywhere close to playing shape….

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I was at the arena Friday night sitting close to the Pels bench. He looks big, and not in a good way. My date even commented on it and she doesn’t even really follow the team. Conservatively he’s 20-30 pounds over his playing weight from last year, to say nothing of his Duke days. Maybe it can come off fast, but right now he doesn’t look anywhere close to playing shape….
    If you saw it with your own eyes and the news is not good, then your eyes were mistaken. His clothes were baggy or multi layered. Or perhaps you and your date have a vision/alcohol issue. I can go on and on for the reasons you are wrong. HOWEVER, if you have a first hand account of him looking good, moving good, etc. than your story is valid and everything will be fine/great.

C'mon, learn the rules!

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    If you saw it with your own eyes and the news is not good, then your eyes were mistaken. His clothes were baggy or multi layered. Or perhaps you and your date have a vision/alcohol issue. I can go on and on for the reasons you are wrong. HOWEVER, if you have a first hand account of him looking good, moving good, etc. than your story is valid and everything will be fine/great.

C'mon, learn the rules!
    Lol that was good. Had me at first

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    A friend of mine saw Zion at AMC 20 looking big, not in a good way. She said he had like 3 different candies and a large ICEE.

So then you've got the question, because you guys are saying that you saw him and he looked huge, PELICANSFAN said he saw Zion at a game like 2 weeks ago and he looked fine. So obviously you have to go on what you saw in person, but for anyone who wasn't there, it's conflicting reports. Am I supposed to believe PELICANSFAN and co, or am I supposed to believe new city champ and co?

For me, I'm reserving judgement until I see him play. Conflicting reports + imperfect media coverage means there's nothing else I can do unless I want to pointlessly die on a hill for something I cannot possibly know.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post

C'mon, learn the rules!
    this ain't no herbjonesfan, this full on Mac persona atp, lmao

just to be clear, we all accept this is Mac at this point, right? damn, mans had me fooled for a minute, the genius strikes twice

So then you've got the question, because you guys are saying that you saw him and he looked huge, PELICANSFAN said he saw Zion at a game like 2 weeks ago and he looked fine. So obviously you have to go on what you saw in person, but for anyone who wasn't there, it's conflicting reports. Am I supposed to believe PELICANSFAN and co, or am I supposed to believe new city champ and co?

For me, I'm reserving judgement until I see him play. Conflicting reports + imperfect media coverage means there's nothing else I can do unless I want to pointlessly die on a hill for something I cannot possibly know.
    Yea, he might look good when he plays his first game in January.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    just to be clear, we all accept this is Mac at this point, right? damn, mans had me fooled for a minute, the genius strikes twice
    i told you this on the 6th page in the kings game thread.....the way he replied to luckyman made me 100% sure...

Thread Information