Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: October 29th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 1-4

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    #1 pick here we come

Griffin was a terrible hire. No idea why his name was even considered.

Devonte' nails the three to put us down 3 with 22 seconds remaining.

Don't give me hope.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Next step for BI is being an asset in the 4th quarter. More often than not he falls short.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Next step for BI is being an asset in the 4th quarter. More often than not he falls short.
    THIS.

Our leading shot takers tonight were Ingram, NAW, and then a tie between Devonte' and JV.

Guess how many of those 4 guys shot better than 40% from the floor.

...the answer is one, JV. Ingram was 38.9%, Devonte' was 25.0%, NAW was 31.2%

Not gonna win too many games like that.

Edit: correction, Ingram hit one more shot as I was typing! He finished at 40.9%, well done. 9/22 shooting.

I'm ready for some Jose'. Send NAW to Birmingham instead of Alvarado.

SPECIAL NOTE: I want Herb in the Future's Game during the All Star Game

Where was B.I. in the fourth? Was he injured?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    #1 pick here we come
    We'd likely have the best odds...and then not get that pick.

Is this a stealth tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We'd likely have the best odds...and then not get that pick.
    #pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Our leading shot takers tonight were Ingram, NAW, and then a tie between Devonte' and JV.

Edit: correction, Ingram hit one more shot as I was typing! He finished at 40.9%, well done. 9/22 shooting.
    We all know you can't stand him and couldn't wait to express it.

9 missed FTs in a game we lost by 4, btw.

And there isn't really one individual to blame for the misses, it's not like one person missed 5 FTAs or anything like that. Just death by a thousand cuts, Ingram missed two, Jonas missed 3, Hart missed 2, etc. Bunch of guys just missing a few adds up.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Not entirely their fault. Ingram rarely gets an easy look. I don't see NAW, or Devonte getting set up for better looks either.

This falls on the coaching staff. An effective offensive system would alleviate those shooting percentages.

NAW may have taken a relative leap as a finisher, but if he continues to just not be able to shoot it will mean very little. He's not a starter right now

Still early I know but yeah I'm now maybe saying go get Simmons b/c we need a lead guard anyway and since NAW isn't making his shots, it's not like we would lose any offense and we may gain better defense. Plus Doc Rivers may can get NAW going. Win-Win. What y'all think?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Still early I know but yeah I'm now maybe saying go get Simmons b/c we need a lead guard anyway and since NAW isn't making his shots, it's not like we would lose any offense and we may gain better defense. Plus Doc Rivers may can get NAW going. Win-Win. What y'all think?
    Good idea or bad idea, can't get the salary to match until December 15.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Where was B.I. in the fourth? Was he injured?
    He has to be better, but I don't like the idea of expecting him to win games for us in the fourth by having him iso and work his ****** off for a shot every time.

A competent offensive scheme should be in place to facilitate better looks for everyone.

What a frustrating game to watch

Not entirely their fault. Ingram rarely gets an easy look. I don't see NAW, or Devonte getting set up for better looks either.

This falls on the coaching staff. An effective offensive system would alleviate those shooting percentages.
    and....

The starting guards had a whopping 4 assist between them. Ingram is working for everything he gets and still dishes out six assists.

Really glad I skipped the second half of this game.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I kinda agree w/ this but some of NAW shots have been wide open and he's just missing them. As far as coaching, yes, Green needs to change it up, starting w/ moving NAW to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Good idea or bad idea, can't get the salary to match until December 15.
    Oh, Gotcha.

Nowhere am I putting the full blame on any individual there. Just listing the reality: we have a bunch of guys who shot real badly tonight, some of them for several nights (NAW) and that's going to lose you a bunch of games.

A big part of it is just everyone having to play more of a role than they should be and it's showing. Ingram is currently averaging 22FGAs a game. There are very few players on very few teams who should ever be taking 22 shots a night consistently, and he's not one of them. NAW is currently taking 16FGAs a game. That's just too much, he shouldn't be taking that many shots a night.

But they have to, because the shots have to come from somewhere and we're obviously missing someone.

Zion should be watching this going on for game after game, where we lose by a winnable margin in a game where everyone is just slightly overextended offensively, and he should be taking it very personally and using it as fuel to come back as soon as possible and to hit as hard as possible upon return. Him being out is forcing everyone else into a position they just don't need to be in.

This will be a long season. I don't mind losing when it has a purpose, but we are losing because we don't have significant talent. As opposed to losing because we're trying to develop young high end talent. Griffin's incompetence will result in another rebuild and another half decade of losing seasons.

Thread Information