Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: October 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks - 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Of course Atlanta wins but doesn't cover. fml
    Yeah... that NO +6 was the best bet to make. I really wanted to do NOLA ML, but the analytics don't support it.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    If NAW doesn’t go f-ing 0-7 from 3pt line we win this game. WTF!!!
    Here comes the ugly truth... NAW is Lonzo Lite when it comes to shooting. He's not a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    I?m so tired of this team putting up inconsistent BS!! It?s killing me. Then watching ZION making out with the other team like he?s there best friend really got to me.
    That's b/c he wants their respect b/c he likes the players but he never gets on the floor to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Here comes the ugly truth... NAW is Lonzo Lite when it comes to shooting. He's not a shooter.
    Yea but he can get to the cup. And also tries. So there are options if the shot isn't falling.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    Yea but he can get to the cup. And also tries. So there are options if the shot isn't falling.
    Committing to getting to the rim is a skill that shouldn't be overlooked

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I really think he shouldn't have taken the last shot, I would have drew it up for Graham, he was hot. BI was clearly tired. We need a bench so he can get some rest every now and again.
    I was stunned that Willie sent Herb out for that last play. Atlanta simply left him to double BI. Made no sense whatsoever to have Herb on the court.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m35ybgbn93w71.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	6599

Superteams may be done. Lakers and Nets lost again.
    I'm glad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I was stunned that Willie sent Herb out for that last play. Atlanta simply left him to double BI. Made no sense whatsoever to have Herb on the court.
    Yeah, Willie still has some work to do as a head coach b/c he has to use his timeouts better and some rotations are still suspect but it's early and it's his first year. Plus even tho we are 1-4, I love the fight and energy in the team. Didn't see this the last couple of years and Willie's instilling that in the guys.

Just like Pelicandae said, Adams is regressing to the mean this game

JV is just a far, far better player

JV and Graham. You can't deny Griff did work this off-season

I’m very proud of this team. We need time , We gonna be just fine!

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I’m very proud of this team. We need time , We gonna be just fine!
    It's the most positive I've felt after a loss in a long time. I think we will be fine as well. The defensive energy was excellent and it seems like that will be a constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

His shot has the appearance of a hail mary.

Its one thing for your forte to not be the 3-point shot. It's another when you keep launching them though.

In our last two losses he is

2 0f 13

and

0 for 7

from the arc. Thats 0 and 15%. He's shooting 25% for the year. It is going to have to cut into his time on the court.

It's not that it is simply not falling.... It's that it is a shot that is not easy for anyone to hit consistently

otherwise I love his game too

This team is going to be really good when Zion comes back. Loved they way we played last night against a very good Hawks team. Glaring lack of rebounding will be aided by the returns of Zion and Hart. Lack of playmaking on the second unit will be fixed when Zion returns as well.

I have faith that Willie will not let this team get discouraged. Our fan base, on the other hand, is much more of a question.

For example, can we not say stupid crap like this when the team gave a phenomenal effort:

The effort was outstanding and we closed the game with TWO ROOKIES. That's not a waste, guy

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    This team is going to be really good when Zion comes back. Loved they way we played last night against a very good Hawks team. Glaring lack of rebounding will be aided by the returns of Zion and Hart. Lack of playmaking on the second unit will be fixed when Zion returns as well.

I have faith that Willie will not let this team get discouraged. Our fan base, on the other hand, is much more of a question.

For example, can we not say stupid crap like this when the team gave a phenomenal effort:

The effort was outstanding and we closed the game with TWO ROOKIES. That's not a waste, guy
    Willie really throwing the kitchen sink to win games. Willie got to reign in NAW, tho. We can't keep burning possessions on bad shots.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    His shot has the appearance of a hail mary.
    I lol'd on that. You're quite right. I like NAW's confidence but he has to know when his shot isn't falling
    and drive to the rim. He's already proven he can give dimes in the paint.

Thread Information