Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks - 1-3

Pelicans October 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks - 1-3

Finally picked up a win and now we head home. Tonight we're taking on the Hawks, who are currently 2-1, having picked up wins over Detroit and Dallas in dominant fashion, but dropping a game to Cleveland on the road.

Can we capitalise on positive vibes coming off our first win to grab a victory over a team that most people see as a lock for the playoffs? Or will we finish up our first five at 1-4? Let's see what happens.
    Basketball.

First home game after a road trip always tough. BI probably due for an off night.

Atlanta's endless wings not the best matchup for a bench still trying to find itself. I'd probably go Hawks -5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    First home game after a road trip always tough. BI probably due for an off night.

Atlanta's endless wings not the best matchup for a bench still trying to find itself. I'd probably go Hawks -5.5.
    That's my thoughts. Would be pleasantly surprised if we took this, assuming nothing outlier happens like Trae Young spontaneously combusting

I'm hoping Graham will get going from deep and the offense can take a step forward.

Shouldn't we be hearing some Zion news today?

Against all better judgment I bought lower bowl tickets to this one, so I'll be there in 112. Not sure who exactly is supposed to guard Trae, but unless we had Jrue I don't think anyone really would be able to anyways.

Hope to see JV, NAW, and Graham all around 15 with hopefully one of them going for 20. BI should end up around 25 like normal. Would be cool to see Trey get into double digits, too.

Will be interested to see if Kira gets run this game or if he has worked himself into the dog house.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    Against all better judgment I bought lower bowl tickets to this one, so I'll be there in 112. Not sure who exactly is supposed to guard Trae, but unless we had Jrue I don't think anyone really would be able to anyways.

Hope to see JV, NAW, and Graham all around 15 with hopefully one of them going for 20. BI should end up around 25 like normal. Would be cool to see Trey get into double digits, too.

Will be interested to see if Kira gets run this game or if he has worked himself into the dog house.
    i think as a team we will deal with trae....im looking forward to a good game and us getting the win...

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post

Have fun, man!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pelicans +6 is the play tonight guys.

4-0

Herb on Trae!

I'm glad the pussification of NBA basketball catering to offense is overrrrrr

Temple in the game and we start losing the lead.

Temple somehow....wasn't.....awful.....I can live with this Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm glad the pussification of NBA basketball catering to offense is overrrrrr
    Yes!

Temple may have heard me griping on him. Lol.

Hall of Famer
    Turned on the game and couldn't help but notice all the empty seats

Thats not giving this team a home court advantage

What a pass by Kira

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Turned on the game and couldn't help but notice all the empty seats

Thats not giving this team a home court advantage
    Beg to differ. May be less pressure

It's probably because of the weather down in nola,cause this crowd for a national televised game is pretty bad

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There was literally no way we can have a bad offense for long with Mike D’Antoni on the team and this many shooters.

Best quarter of the season?

I feel like it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hawks will eventually get hot. We just need to weather that and work for easy shots of our own.

Also alot of fans haven't return yet for alot of organizations. Not just ours.

It’s as simple as showing intensity on the defensive side and being composed on the offensive side. The majority of this team’s struggles are mental. I do think Herb getting minutes has made a difference on the defensive side. Have to stay in this mentally

And this is where we often see heads start to fall. We didn’t do too much wrong but Atlanta is starting to hit shots. Gotta weather the storm here

What ever happened with naji?...he was good for us last season

Willie has to call timeouts better.

Thread Information