Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: October 25th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-3

Pelicans October 25th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-3

Take two. Really need this one, to be honest. Don't want to let things spiral out of control too far, and our next 3 games after this involving ATL and NYK. I think we have a decent chance at the SAC game, but if we lose this one then starting off 1-6 isn't at all unrealistic and that's just bad when some of these games are supposed to be the easier teams. Losses against Philly and Chicago suck but they're understandable, they're both supposed to be top 4 seeds this year. Double losses to Minnesota? That's a different level of failure.

With regards to injury, Josh Hart has been upgraded to questionable to play tonight.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    pelicans win tonight...book it....put some bread down tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

With regards to injury, Josh Hart has been upgraded to questionable to play tonight.
    With regards to injury, Zion Williamson, per usual, is out.

If they don't win tonight.

They probably won't win a single game in October. Next chance is against the Kings at home in a half empty arena.

Here we go... Pelicans ML or Pelicans +6

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Seems like the NBA and NFL could do a little better than scheduling a Saints game and Pelicans game at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Seems like the NBA and NFL could do a little better than scheduling a Saints game and Pelicans game at the exact same time.
    Well, at least it's not a home game. Be a ghost town.

It may take a while to see any semblance of cohesion with this side. This is the issue with firing head coaches every season. Gentry should have never seen the light of day with this squad. While Stan may not have been the right coach, it was always going to be detrimental to our chemistry to yet again learn a new system. I wish Willie had that extra year or two beforehand so we can see what he is really made of. I believe he will get judged unfairly and as a result we may see another panic culling. Rinse and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    With regards to injury, Zion Williamson, per usual, is out.
    With long term injuries, I don't bother updating it - we all know Zion is out. When that changes, I'll mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It may take a while to see any semblance of cohesion with this side. This is the issue with firing head coaches every season. Gentry should have never seen the light of day with this squad. While Stan may not have been the right coach, it was always going to be detrimental to our chemistry to yet again learn a new system. I wish Willie had that extra year or two beforehand so we can see what he is really made of. I believe he will get judged unfairly and as a result we may see another panic culling. Rinse and repeat
    If we do 4 coaches in 4 years, just gut the entire franchise. There's making necessary changes and then there's just designing failure.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Yeah I don't see us firing Willie this year unless he loses the team or Griffin is fired and the new guy insists on bringing someone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well, at least it's not a home game. Be a ghost town.
    Will you be there?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Will you be there?
    I live in Texas. Let me gas up my private jet.

I tend to catch games at San Antonio. Nice arena.

I think we win this one and it gets us to winning some.

Weird first quarter, between the techs, the low scoring from both sides (real nauseating efficiency from both teams) and hey, there's those turnovers for us again. 5 in the first. But there's been some bright stuff, nice passing from NAW, Trey hit another 3, JV seems to be all the way inside KATs head.

Low scoring game on the horizon though, unless some people start exploding.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    NAW is ice cold from deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    NAW is ice cold from deep.
    Everyone is so far tonight, outside of Ingram.

0/3 from Devonte', who was shooting 41% coming in over the first 3 games. 1/3 for Temple. 0/3 for NAW, as you say.

I love JV, he ain't afraid to brawl w/ 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I love JV, he ain't afraid to brawl w/ 'em.
    His impact has shown so much even through only 4 games. Just constantly talking, always involved with something. Even when his shot isn't going in, he's up to something

And that pass to NAW was flames

Basketball Guru
    Naw was playing a good game by taking the ball to the rack...for some reason he want to start shooting the ball now.....like dude, keep driving to the goal..they can't stop you...

This is where I look at Green b/c Temple shouldn't be in there on Edwards.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Kira isn’t a great finisher

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Pelicans really gonna blow this game...

Nah putting Temple in there. It's not working every time, he doesn't help us. You may have to just play Herb Jones longer, he young he can go.

Thread Information