Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I think thr issue is you compare him to Harden as he currently is. A finished product. No one expected Harden to be quite this good. Not when he was a bench player at YHT. I can see the potential
    That said, Harden did show a bunch of really impressive skills at the college level that you could kinda project into the NBA.

College Harden had a 29%AST rate to a 16%TOV rate, a .600 FTr, shot over 60%TS both seasons, these kinds of things. These tend to track well into the NBA, and obviously for Harden they did - particularly the FTr, until they changed how they called stuff recently.

Hardy, so far in the G League, has a 12%AST to a 14%TOV rate, a .149 FTr, and is shooting 44%TS.

It's absolutely unfair to compare Hardy to Harden in his prime, but I think it's a slightly more reasonable thing to compare them both as prospects. It's clear that, at least through 4 games, Hardy is not the prospect Harden was. Which is fine, you don't have to be that good a prospect to be good, but it's worth considering when you're talking about a top 5 pick.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That said, Harden did show a bunch of really impressive skills at the college level that you could kinda project into the NBA.

College Harden had a 29%AST rate to a 16%TOV rate, a .600 FTr, shot over 60%TS both seasons, these kinds of things. These tend to track well into the NBA, and obviously for Harden they did - particularly the FTr, until they changed how they called stuff recently.

Hardy, so far in the G League, has a 12%AST to a 14%TOV rate, a .149 FTr, and is shooting 44%TS.

It's absolutely unfair to compare Hardy to Harden in his prime, but I think it's a slightly more reasonable thing to compare them both as prospects. It's clear that, at least through 4 games, Hardy is not the prospect Harden was. Which is fine, you don't have to be that good a prospect to be good, but it's worth considering when you're talking about a top 5 pick.

Just silky smooth and effortless. Lulling defenders and flipping the switch.

People get so extra on these draft comparisons. Hardy pre-NBA film reminds me more of Westbrook than Harden. But since Westbrook gots a negative connation as a pro player. People don't want to make that comparison. Westbrook pre-draft film is still really good despite how Young Sabotage turn into he is now.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-24-2021 at 01:03 PM.

We get the 4th and 10th pick.

Jaden Ivey and maybe Nikola Jovic

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We get the 4th and 10th pick.

Jaden Ivey and maybe Nikola Jovic
    Why do we get the 4th and 10th pick? Do we hold the rights to another team’s 1st round pick in the 2022 draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Why do we get the 4th and 10th pick? Do we hold the rights to another team?s 1st round pick in the 2022 draft?
    Laker pick if it falls 1 to 10

West is so even it wouldn't surprise if we made the playoffs

Time to include Ivey in that sig my friend lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Time to include Ivey in that sig my friend lol
    My sig doesn't include the guys that I think are the top 5 in the draft, it's just guys I like, and I prefer to put a few underrated guys in there. Ivey therefore cannot displace Montero.

Can we just skip to the 2023 draft instead and draft scoot henderson already

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Can we just skip to the 2023 draft instead and draft scoot henderson already
    Agreed

My sig doesn't include the guys that I think are the top 5 in the draft, it's just guys I like, and I prefer to put a few underrated guys in there. Ivey therefore cannot displace Montero.
    Fair point. No love for Drew Timme?

Dude is about to be the face of Basketball soon. My gosh I wish he was a Pelican.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Fair point. No love for Drew Timme?
    I don't think Timme is a top 40 prospect. On Gonzaga alone he's probably the 4th best prospect after Chet, Nembhard, and Strawther.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Who says no?

Starters:

Jonas
    Zion
    Herb
    Ingram
    Fox

Big Minutes Bench:

Graham
    Hart
    Hernangomez
    Kira

Deep Bench:
    Temple
    Alvarado
    Louzada
    ?
    ?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I actually like this trade idea. The speed of fox, along with Kira off the bench would be a killer combo

Could we switch Murphy for Temple?

I'm liking Benedict Mathurin more and more. Not necessarily as a better prospect than Ivey or Hardy but more as a fit with the team that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    I'm liking Benedict Mathurin more and more. Not necessarily as a better prospect than Ivey or Hardy but more as a fit with the team that we have.
    Mathurin is really good. I think he could be justifiably in the lottery, though at the back end more than top 7.

I actually do think there's an argument for him over Hardy. I do not buy the Hardy hype whatsoever.

Mathurin is really good. I think he could be justifiably in the lottery, though at the back end more than top 7.

I actually do think there's an argument for him over Hardy. I do not buy the Hardy hype whatsoever.
    Agree all the way on the Hardy angle. It may just be me but I see red flags when people go straight to the G-league out of high school. Always come off as overhyped AAU types who aren't team players.

Max Christie and Bryce McGowens are a couple others to keep an eye out who are good fits here.

I'm impressed you all can discuss the draft with optimism, instead of the aching stomach pain I get when turning my attention to the draft, knowing that yet again we are looking 9 months ahead for a glimmer of hope, when all indications are that it won't make a slight bit of difference, as none of the past 3 drafts have.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    I'm impressed you all can discuss the draft with optimism, instead of the aching stomach pain I get when turning my attention to the draft, knowing that yet again we are looking 9 months ahead for a glimmer of hope, when all indications are that it won't make a slight bit of difference, as none of the past 3 drafts have.
    THE HERB DISRESPKT!!!

What if instead of Fox, the Pelicans secretly covet Ben Simmons (yes, I know we've already talked about fit issues). Reportedly the 76ers are in talks with teams about a 3-way deal with the intention of them landing a top 25 player. What could that look like?

Starters:

Jonas
    Zion
    Herb
    Ingram
    Simmons

Bench:

Graham
    Hart
    NAW
    Hernangomez

Deep Bench:

Naji
    Alvarado
    Didi
    ?
    ?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    THE HERB DISRESPKT!!!
    You're right. Herb is a bada**, I just meant overall improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    What if instead of Fox, the Pelicans secretly covet Ben Simmons (yes, I know we've already talked about fit issues). Reportedly the 76ers are in talks with teams about a 3-way deal with the intention of them landing a top 25 player. What could that look like?

Starters:

Jonas
    Zion
    Herb
    Ingram
    Simmons

Bench:

Graham
    Hart
    NAW
    Hernangomez

Deep Bench:

Naji
    Alvarado
    Didi
    ?
    ?
    ?
    Letting the fox (Klutch) back into the hen-house? You know how that will end!

Is anyone looking at this draft and thinking “we need to draft a guy to replace Zion”?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is anyone looking at this draft and thinking “we need to draft a guy to replace Zion”?
    From what Mac is saying, Zion is gone pretty soon (no surprises)

Luckily this draft is heavy with power forward talent

Thread Information