Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

lol dude Zion might be hurt again one and two why can’t Ben play point cj was okay at it but I want the guy running my offense to be pass first and cj probably averaged about 5 to 6 assist and was mainly always looking for his shot which lead to bad passes and honestly if we was playing the blame game I would blame him for us not advancing because he shot like 3-20 from 3 and most of his mid range were tough contested shots , Ben may look bad but his teammates sure didn’t have his back won’t be that way here now my lineup would be Ben Brandon Zion herb and Val cj can play the manu role and before you start going crazy about cj being off the bench is he any better than ginobili if not then he can play that role too I mean honestly he would be the perfect replacement for graham as the 6th man and scorer to spare our real bucket getters Zion and Brandon , don’t want to hear about shooting you can shoot a thousand threes if we killing that paint and getting to the line we will be a problem because who can stop a 610 Ben 270 pound Zion and stretch man Ingram ; also I think Zion is going to surprise a lot of people with his shooting numbers outside of dunks when he play he got the legend fadeaway and he’s about ready to show it

Regarding cj against the suns series yes he didn't have a good series but one thing people don't realize is that with cj Phoenix was forced to put bridges on him to neutralize him allowing brandon to be guarded with crawford and such which was easier for him compared to being guarded by bridges.

Im in the hell no for Simmons, talented sure but this type of player/behavior is one thing this team isn't looking for. Griff has been starting to target players with certain characters that's why he was able to build this type of team which everyone saw a big difference this year... can't have a player destroy that atmosphere who is known to quit on his team.. it questions the rest of the team to what you were preaching before only to get someone opposite.

I can accept your point of view don’t need someone who’s going to destroy the locker room I just believe we have the players and coaches and type of fan base that can give him the support he need to be great and he fits age wise with our core ; another thing to be a consistent championship team we have to have players on our bench that would start on multiple other teams Ie : herb Jones maybe Jax

Maybe cj didn’t realize that he should’ve been doing more passing if we can somehow have cj being our leader off the bench I think that is a championship team

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    Maybe cj didn’t realize that he should’ve been doing more passing if we can somehow have cj being our leader off the bench I think that is a championship team
    All I know is that while we may get beaten, it wouldn't be because the opposition guards would dominate if they are matched up against a 6'10'', Simmons and 'Not on Herb'. I can only dream about how many cheap turnover points that duo would create.

Exactly somebody that can throw a lob to Zion that he won’t hurt himself trying to catch and remember Brandon and lonzo was subpar free throw shooters then Vinson helped with that and none of our players got that embiid attitude, we would instantly become the biggest most athletic small ball squad in the league

Who would y’all trade to GS for Klay Thompson if GS made him available this off-season due to not winning a title and moving forward with Jordan Poole.

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    lol dude Zion might be hurt again one and two why can’t Ben play point cj was okay at it but I want the guy running my offense to be pass first and cj probably averaged about 5 to 6 assist and was mainly always looking for his shot which lead to bad passes and honestly if we was playing the blame game I would blame him for us not advancing because he shot like 3-20 from 3 and most of his mid range were tough contested shots , Ben may look bad but his teammates sure didn’t have his back won’t be that way here now my lineup would be Ben Brandon Zion herb and Val cj can play the manu role and before you start going crazy about cj being off the bench is he any better than ginobili if not then he can play that role too I mean honestly he would be the perfect replacement for graham as the 6th man and scorer to spare our real bucket getters Zion and Brandon , don’t want to hear about shooting you can shoot a thousand threes if we killing that paint and getting to the line we will be a problem because who can stop a 610 Ben 270 pound Zion and stretch man Ingram ; also I think Zion is going to surprise a lot of people with his shooting numbers outside of dunks when he play he got the legend fadeaway and he’s about ready to show it
    Lol, CJ off the bench so our starters would be Simmons, Ingram, Herb, Zion, and JV? And we thought Zion didn't have any room to operate last year with Adams clogging the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Lol, CJ off the bench so our starters would be Simmons, Ingram, Herb, Zion, and JV? And we thought Zion didn't have any room to operate last year with Adams clogging the paint.
    No matter who's on the court with him, until he shows some offensive consistently away from the basket, his route to the basket will always be impeded. I'll just sit back and let him shoot from 10 feet-out all day. If burns me, I'll tip my cap.

Unless you're 6'10'' or better and your name is Chamberlain, Malone (Moses), or Alcinder (Zion is neither), you can't be a unstoppable unless you have more than a offensive 'board game'.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    No matter who's on the court with him, until he shows some offensive consistently away from the basket, his route to the basket will always be impeded. I'll just sit back and let him shoot from 10 feet-out all day. If burns me, I'll tip my cap.

Unless you're 6'10'' or better and your name is Chamberlain, Malone (Moses), or Alcinder (Zion is neither), you can't be a unstoppable unless you have more than a offensive 'board game'.
    Did you watch Zion operate last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Did you watch Zion operate last year?
    Of course. He's amazing, but his game is limited. To say otherwise is just disingenuous (a lot of fanboys are).

Season Ticket Holder
    Of course. He's amazing, but his game is limited. To say otherwise is just disingenuous (a lot of fanboys are).
    It is unfortunate that you have to call those who disagree with you "disingenouous" and "fanboys." Of course his game is limited. He was unstoppable regardless. How on earth could you argue that he was not unstoppable? Dude shot 61% from the field and averaged 27ppg. That is unstoppable.

There's no reason to go out of your way to add impediments though.

It is unfortunate that you have to call those who disagree with you "disingenouous" and "fanboys." Of course his game is limited. He was unstoppable regardless. How on earth could you argue that he was not unstoppable? Dude shot 61% from the field and averaged 27ppg. That is unstoppable.
    ...and the team missed the playoffs by?

Truly amazing that the words "limited game", "fanboys", and "disingenuous" are being used (unironically?) by someone advocating for Simmons!

A coach?

There's no reason to go out of your way to add impediments though.
    Are you suggesting that Lonzo, Bledsoe, or NAW are better than Simmons and offer more 'protection' for the big guy last year? Would any of them complement him Zion better than Simmons?

I am talking about a 3X All Star....2X First Team All NBA Defensive Player. Which one would be better complement for Zion? Lonzo? Bledsoe? NAW?

Season Ticket Holder
    You said he wasn't unstoppable. I say he was unstoppable. First you go to insults. Now you're moving the goalposts.

Are you suggesting that Lonzo, Bledsoe, or NAW are better than Simmons and offer more 'protection' for the big guy last year? Would any of them complement him Zion better than Simmons?

I am talking about a 3X All Star....2X First Team All NBA Defensive Player. Which one would be better complement for Zion? Lonzo? Bledsoe? NAW?
    No, I'm saying it doesn't make any sense to double down on the biggest problem last year's team had, spacing/shooting on offense. And I'm not sure the relevance of those three, Simmons wouldn't be replacing them since they're not on the team anymore. But, to answer your question, Lonzo.

Truly amazing that the words "limited game", "fanboys", and "disingenuous" are being used (unironically?) by someone advocating for Simmons!
    Agree. I had to go reread part of the thread to see if the discussion was still about Simmons.

I stand by my belief: if his head is straight, Ben Simmons would take this team to the next level. He's a 50%+ shooter who is simply satisfied dropping dimes all night long (our team is loaded with closers) and who will blanket any point guard in the league. It would almost not be fair when he and Herb were dueling it out with any other guard duo in the league.
    I wrote this last week. This hardly qualifies me as a fanboy; I certainly see, and acknowledge, Simmons' warts.

On the other hand, those who get hot flashes thinking about the one-dimensional game of a 'paper super-star' who has played a grand total of 85 games in three years, might look at themselves in the mirror or watch him on the defensive end on the rare occasion when he does play. Then maybe you can surmise how the word 'fanboy' applies.

Why if it boosted one of your strong suits which is paint control really improves all strong suits defense speed paint attack and one point it increases ball movement everyteam can’t be golden state and I’ll take Zion and others abusing the paint over shot chucking

I wrote this last week. This hardly qualifies me as a fanboy; I certainly see, and acknowledge, Simmons' warts.

On the other hand, those who get hot flashes thinking about the one-dimensional game of a 'paper super-star' who has played a grand total of 85 games in three years, might look at themselves in the mirror or watch him on the defensive end on the rare occasion when he does play. Then maybe you can surmise how the word 'fanboy' applies.
    You have been hating on Zion since he started playing for the Pelicans. Almost like a personal beef. I just cannot understand how you could support a guy like Simmons given the hate you have for Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You have been hating on Zion since he started playing for the Pelicans. Almost like a personal beef. I just cannot understand how you could support a guy like Simmons given the hate you have for Zion.
    Not true at all. I know it's difficult for some to understand but you can acknowledge his God-Given abilities and question his work ethic, personal discipline, and dedication to team at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive ideas or concepts. I, my friend, am capable of 'walking and chewing gum at the same time'.

Again, he's enormously talented and someone who nobody can count on all in the same breath (at least no one in New Orleans).

Please tell me, in three years, what has he done to further the fortunes of the Pelicans?
    Last edited by As I See It; 05-10-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Well, I certainly didn't write it (as your quote makes it seem). And to nitpick, I don't think you see his warts when you throw an "if his head is straight" out there like he's just recovering from an ankle sprain or something. How would we (the team, not us as fans) have any idea if his head is straight? Did Brooklyn think his head was straight when they traded Harden for him only to have to endure weeks of media reports hinting that he was constantly on the verge of playing before he ultimately never suited up? If you watch any of Steve Nash's comments from the playoffs, it didn't look like he enjoyed the whole situation. Not to mention you can't say you're acknowledging his warts if you only mention his shooting in a positive sense.

Thread Information