Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y37q7kvx

Would hate to lose LNJ, but adding a three time All Star and two time NBA All Defensive selection who is 25/26 years old is well worth the gamble.......PROVIDING HIS HEAD IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE!!!

But even if Simmons isn't the ticket (and he may not be), this team needs someone who can drive this 'Offensive Lamborghini', when the going gets tough. Trying to run this thing on a 'Point Guard by Committee' basis will never get us to the Promised Land. We need a complementary Point Guard (Lead Guard) desperately. Ask Giannis or Devin.
    Even if his head was in the right place, it isn't the biggest problem.

I will list 3 more.

1. He is getting paid way too much
    2. He doesn't want to come to NOLA
    3. Most importantly he would not fit the culture this team is building.

Let it go.....you "see it" wrong.

No such thang as paying to much to win a championship especially for a franchise that never been to a championship; he might we have a players coach obviously thought the city was cool if he went to LSU cause LSU is not known for basketball, 3rd he won’t fit the culture let’s see our best players are quiet dudes who stay to they self just wanna play ball and don’t want to hear criticism seem like he fit to me top draft picks who’ve been touted as bust/failures Been giving up on yeah I think he kinda does fit . On top of that he makes us a top 5 defense increases our assist rate and although he’s not a shoot the number one thing people hated about lonzo was his 6’6 behind was scared to attack the paint not a problem with Simmons we have other people to take shots he also can spare Zion some wear and Tear

There is no way you trade for Simmons and not count on Klutch, his health (mental/physical), or heart, not seeing that marriage end like a dumpster fire.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

All I’m saying is people shouldn’t act like if we could trade graham and the 8th pick for Simmons with some lunch Zion healthy and buying in and Ben doing the same we don’t instantly become tittle contenders Chris Paul doesn’t go perfect book doesn’t drop 31 in a half instead of Jax switching its Ben I get he’s been a headcase but can’t deny the potential being there and our championship chances shoot through the roof small ball Zion Ben Ingram herb and jax or lance or one big in Val or no big and put cj in for spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Algiersraised View Post
    No such thang as paying to much to win a championship especially for a franchise that never been to a championship; he might we have a players coach obviously thought the city was cool if he went to LSU cause LSU is not known for basketball, 3rd he won’t fit the culture let’s see our best players are quiet dudes who stay to they self just wanna play ball and don’t want to hear criticism seem like he fit to me top draft picks who’ve been touted as bust/failures Been giving up on yeah I think he kinda does fit . On top of that he makes us a top 5 defense increases our assist rate and although he’s not a shoot the number one thing people hated about lonzo was his 6’6 behind was scared to attack the paint not a problem with Simmons we have other people to take shots he also can spare Zion some wear and Tear
    It's been well documented that he had no interest in being at LSU (which isn't even in New Orleans anyway).

All I’m saying is people shouldn’t act like if we could trade graham and the 8th pick for Simmons with some lunch Zion healthy and buying in and Ben doing the same we don’t instantly become tittle contenders Chris Paul doesn’t go perfect book doesn’t drop 31 in a half instead of Jax switching its Ben I get he’s been a headcase but can’t deny the potential being there and our championship chances shoot through the roof small ball Zion Ben Ingram herb and jax or lance or one big in Val or no big and put cj in for spacing
    He makes too much money to trade Graham for him (and it takes two to trade...why would Brooklyn do that, you think KD and Kyrie have any interest in some draft pick?). And saying we should trade for him if he's healthy and buying in...he's got to be the least likely player in the entire NBA to be healthy and buying in, so why on earth would you even think about trading for him? That's like saying we should trade for Chris Paul if he was 25...like sure, that'd be great but it's not really a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    ...he's got to be the least likely player in the entire NBA to be healthy and buying in, so why on earth would you even think about trading for him?
    Are you talking about Zion Williamson? Or perhaps, Anthony Davis?

Yeah but I’m sure LSU students is coming from Baton Rouge to New Orleans all the time I’m from Algiers can we not act like Baton Rouge is 12 hours away ;

They may you don’t know how Kevin and kyrie think neither do i but I won’t act like I know my opinions are facts and who says we can’t get them to throw us some money for taking one ‘problem off their hands’ plus we definitely have player who can be thrown in with graham temple snell it may not be possible but the folks who acting like him bought in plus Zion couldn’t turn us into a dynasty is lying to themselves maybe a pipe dream but I’m throwing stuff out there just like David griffin will do

How did he have no interest but went there I could’ve sworn you pick your college not the opposite lol

Season Ticket Holder
    How did he have no interest but went there I could’ve sworn you pick your college not the opposite lol
    When you are the #1 overall recruit, likely to become the #1 overall pick in the draft, garnering over $25 million guaranteed, you don't "pick" your college. Your parents do.

lol that’s more of an opinion than a fact my opinion was more fact based college is recruiting not schools just picking you and I’m sure Duke nc could’ve offered his parents just as much if not more

How did he have no interest but went there I could?ve sworn you pick your college not the opposite lol
    He was from Austraila. He had an uncle or friend of the family who was an assistant coachat LSU. He wasn't interested in playing college ball at all. I don't think the place mattered. I don't want him, though. He's talented, but not a team guy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jcollins9 View Post
    He was from Austraila. He had an uncle or friend of the family who was an assistant coachat LSU. He wasn't interested in playing college ball at all. I don't think the place mattered. I don't want him, though. He's talented, but not a team guy at all.
    His godfather was hired as an assistant for the 1 year(*) Ben was there.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Are you talking about Zion Williamson? Or perhaps, Anthony Davis?
    No, but I factored them both in to the equation (Kyrie as well) and still came up with the conclusion that Simmons is the least likely. That's how bad it is!

It doesn't seem like you're at all familiar with Ben Simmons, you might want to do some minimal research first.

They may you don’t know how Kevin and kyrie think neither do i but I won’t act like I know my opinions are facts and who says we can’t get them to throw us some money for taking one ‘problem off their hands’ plus we definitely have player who can be thrown in with graham temple snell it may not be possible but the folks who acting like him bought in plus Zion couldn’t turn us into a dynasty is lying to themselves maybe a pipe dream but I’m throwing stuff out there just like David griffin will do
    No, you do know that they're not interested in a draft pick. And somehow I don't see Temple or Snell moving the needle lol.

I don’t think I need to research unless you got statements from Ben Simmons saying my mom and daddy picked my school

They weren’t added for moving the needle they were added for players we don’t want , I don’t know that we might get a top 3 pick which maybe something Kevin and kyrie and Steve maybe interested in and something we may not want already having two young guys to add into the fold already with Zion and Kira

Also we don’t have to believe the same thing that’s fine I’m sure I was one of the only ones that gave us a shot against Phoenix I don’t need y’all to agree I’m sure David griffin is looking to improve this team some more

They weren’t added for moving the needle they were added for players we don’t want , I don’t know that we might get a top 3 pick which maybe something Kevin and kyrie and Steve maybe interested in and something we may not want already having two young guys to add into the fold already with Zion and Kira
    Oh, players we don't want! How could Brooklyn turn that down? If we get a top 3 pick, why on earth would we trade it for someone coming off back surgery who may not even be interested in playing basketball? If we had a $30MM trade exception and could add Simmons without trading any players or first round picks, I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested, let alone trading away a top 3 pick for him.

Clearly we are not going to see eye to eye on Simmons' value as an asset/player, but I'm curious as to how you see him fitting into our roster. He wouldn't be coming off the bench, so who are you replacing in the starting lineup, Herb? Is Simmons even that much of an upgrade? For the regular season, sure, he'd help, but it's at best an open question whether his free throw shooting and outright refusal to shoot would outweigh his defensive positives in the playoffs. And if he can't help in the playoffs, what is the point of paying him $30MM/yr, putting us into the luxury tax, and cutting off Herb's minutes?

You take out Hayes and put in ben and he’s definitely an upgrade being the fact he could be a lead guard in a sense of setting up our offense in half court and he also can great his on offense simply attacking the rack not like defense can focus on him with Zion Brandon and cj on the court and if Zion could play with adams he can play with Zion also who would be better to sub Zion for a breather when he need rest then a 6’10 playmaker that attacks the rack I’d take him over lonzo and plenty of our ppl on here was okay with paying him 20ms to stand on the 3point line and chuck while never attacking a clean lane ; I understand all the personality questions and things of that sort but to act like skill wise he wouldn’t improve us that’s denial defensive player of the year candidate in and out can get you 10 assist easy and with our coach Vinson and supporting young team and staff who would be a better place to revive his stardom I mean cj ain’t young and eventually will come off the books soooo if David believes he can be a piece to take is to dynasty level ima trade and do what I need to do

Is there anybody on our roster that can lay claim to this resume'....

3x NBA All-Star (2019–2021)
    All-NBA Third Team (2020)
    2x NBA All-Defensive First Team (2020, 2021)
    NBA Rookie of the Year (2018)
    NBA All-Rookie First Team (2018)
    NBA steals leader (2020)

...and the guy is just 25/26 years old and can fill two positions of need on this team: Point Guard and Power Forward.

It's amusing how many of you see him as trash when he's a 15.9/8.1/7.7 on 56% shooting. Tell me, who in the league would have a fourth or fifth option who sports these kinds of numbers?

“ take out Hayes and put in ben” Uh.. news flash. Zion is replacing Hayes in the starting lineup so who you going to replace now. It literally makes me nauseous that some people would want to bring that overpaid, non-shooting cancer into the Pels locker room.

And no LSU fans would go to the games just to see Simmons play. Most LSU fans, including me, can’t stand him. He single handily ruined our bb program for years.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post

And no LSU fans would go to the games just to see Simmons play. Most LSU fans, including me, can’t stand him. He single handily ruined our bb program for years.
    FLASH: That distinction goes to Will Wade. How many transfers is that for LSU this offseason?

Thread Information