Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    I have no doubt that if they can trade Zion for the right set of players, with the right mindset and attitude, then the Pelicans would be a winning franchise. They have the type of coach these new players love. They have hard working, high effort guys. They just need to trade the entitled baby for someone who will show up every day and be a vocal leader who also leads by example on the court and with his training, conditioning, etc.
    At the end of the day, it's just moving furniture around. You don't have pick 1 who's been the most hyped product since LeBron, then get excited about trading him within 3 years.

It's extremely broken

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    At the end of the day, it's just moving furniture around. You don't have pick 1 who's been the most hyped product since LeBron, then get excited about trading him within 3 years.

It's extremely broken
    logic and rational thinking be damned man. All these dudes acting like spurned girlfriends with how quick they are to want to ship out our #1 pick. As much as i hate Griff, even he's not stupid enough to consider something like this this early in the game. It's poor asset management, point blank

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    It has; that's what Trump's Drugs did. The same drugs that Democrats everywhere spurned and now take credit for.
    What color is the sky in your world?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    logic and rational thinking be damned man. All these dudes acting like spurned girlfriends with how quick they are to want to ship out our #1 pick. As much as i hate Griff, even he's not stupid enough to consider something like this this early in the game. It's poor asset management, point blank
    If you don't think Griff would trade Zion for Ja tomorrow if it was on the table, you are lying to yourself. Of course he wont trade him, but its because other high end players wouldn't be offered by the other teams.

Anybody watching Champions Classic tonight?

Duke vs Kentucky up next. Possibly something to tank for in this game?

LSU won a game in its home state before Pels did. Lol

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Huh. I think I’ll get there on Chet. Didn’t know about the passing. But it’s still hard to trust someone with absolutely zero power.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    LSU won a game in its home state before Pels did. Lol
    give the Pelicans some credit.... I might be wrong, but the I feel they could give ULM a run for their money....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    If you don't think Griff would trade Zion for Ja tomorrow if it was on the table, you are lying to yourself. Of course he wont trade him, but its because other high end players wouldn't be offered by the other teams.
    no, that's utterly ridiculous. If he didn't have any qualms about trading down talent wise like that he'd have traded Zion already. And now i'm supposed to believe other high end players simply wouldn't be offered for a guy that when healthy was an all star last year

But i'm lying to myself, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Huh. I think I’ll get there on Chet. Didn’t know about the passing. But it’s still hard to trust someone with absolutely zero power.
    Chet maybe a victim of his own mobility more so than his lack of weight.

Chet maybe a victim of his own mobility more so than his lack of weight.
    Not really sure what you mean by this, he's about a good a mover as you're going to get for a 7 footer outside of the true mobility freaks. He's not lightning fast or agile but he can move confidently and smoothly, even in full court action - he's not Omer Asik.
    Basketball.

Tulane basketball won last night too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Not really sure what you mean by this, he's about a good a mover as you're going to get for a 7 footer outside of the true mobility freaks. He's not lightning fast or agile but he can move confidently and smoothly, even in full court action - he's not Omer Asik.
    Thoughts on Banchero last night? Was also hoping to see more from Tyty Washington
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Thoughts on Banchero last night? Was also hoping to see more from Tyty Washington
    He was good! Efficient, took some good shots including creating some from sub-optimal situations. I was impressed with his rim protection given that maybe the biggest major knock on him is that he's not an explosive athlete, but he had really solid timing on them and used his length well. Operated very nicely from the elbows. Some passes I would have liked to see him make, but it was definitely an impressive first game. Great to see him getting to the line and knocking them down as well, high FTr and FT line success in college is always positive as an indicator for shooting success going forward.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar

I swear... I hope we become a winning franchise soon so the infighting stops.
    One can dream

Well apparently he was at MSG Tuesday. I wonder how much longer of Grif .we got?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-on-the-brink

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Well apparently he was at MSG Tuesday. I wonder how much longer of Grif .we got?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-on-the-brink
    You could not have possibly framed this more misleadingly.

To quote the article:

Griffin was on hand Tuesday night in Madison Square Garden with the rest of the NBA flock that attended the Champions Classic, scouting top Duke prospect Paolo Banchero, among others, and Pelicans staffers have proceeded as normal.
    Acting like Griffin being at MSG says anything about how long he's going to stay around is absurd in general, but especially when the entire reason he was at MSG was as part of a Pelicans college basketball scouting trip. Implying otherwise is extremely weird.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar

I.......Told.......You......So

Just wanted to come back to say that. Will be back in a month or two to reiterate it again. Stop being a fan NOW, save all your time and mental energy. It will always be this awful. Always
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Just wanted to come back to say that. Will be back in a month or two to reiterate it again. Stop being a fan NOW, save all your time and mental energy. It will always be this awful. Always
    You told me to chill out in the offseason when I was mad down on the team.

I'm pretty happy I got that out of my system. Just ready for the next game.

There's honestly like 5 total people still here and I think only 2 of them actually still watch the games. It's mostly draft talk at this point. Nobody is watching this product except DAE.

Your favorite statement. I honestly think it is the only reason you visit Pelicans' boards.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    There's honestly like 5 total people still here and I think only 2 of them actually still watch the games. It's mostly draft talk at this point. Nobody is watching this product except DAE.
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Wait....you guys are watching this? My bad.

I thought I was a glutton for punishment and I stopped after 1-8.

Thread Information