Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

Kyle Lowry steph curry jrue was a point guard and is one and a better facilitator than any we got Kyle career high last year was 19 assist steph career high is 16 jrue high is 17 I’m sure Lebron has lead the league In assist . No team has won a championship with the inability to play in half court we are a run and gun team our best shot / play right now is contested Brandon Ingram jumpers and cj contested jumpers not championship basketball;

And draymond too don’t forget gets triple doubles has plenty of 10 plus assist games history starting to say you like to play devils advocate lol jp

And the goal posts just move and move and move….
    @mcnamara247

Jrue feed giannis in the post if he isn’t carrying it up already
    Zion handle was decent but suspect last we saw
    Brandon entry passes are lazy often
    McCollum is not a passer he’s a scorer likes to pass mid shot attempt
    Kyle Lowry is a playmaker with defense hence us trying to get him last offseason

Where did the goal post most o responded to everything you said you don’t like to be wrong or feel wrong and that’s ok

I named the guys who set the offenses and get double assists for all those teams check the stats man lol and the team you thought we had absolutely no chance against beat us because they had a man that could set the offense run the pick and roll and get his teammates efficient shots the difficult shots he made hurt but his ability to get other players contributing made more of a difference but I see you don’t like facts whether the goal post is being moved or not

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    B.I. had 12 assists 3 times, CJ once, Zion has had 8 3 times
    Last edited by wuggie; 05-14-2022 at 09:17 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Ok I understand they can pass but it’s not their strong suit maybe underrated skill but not what they do they are scorers all three cj average for his career is like 3 his high was this year 5 Brandon was almost 6 Zion was 4 that’s decent just think if it’s possible to upgrade or have someone who can come in and facilitate it would make us a better team , we took a lot of tough shots and Zion may help but I don’t think he just cures it completely . I believe in us but I won’t turn down upgrading the team

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This team will never have a “lead guard” as long as BI and Zion are on the roster. Heck, as long as we be of them is on the roster, let alone two

I will flip it and work backwards. Go count all the guys you consider “lead guards” in the league. Then, go see how many of them have 2, let alone 3, high usage iso studs on the roster.

This team doesn’t need nor does it want a lead guard. The ideal would be someone like prime Jazz Ingles, not another short guard who can’t switch onto 3 or more positions. Get the lead guard want out of your head
    Generally speaking, the Pelicans have folded in the fourth quarter (especially last year...2020-21). The reason we lost so many fourth quarter leads was because we had no one who could withstand the crunch-time pressure. If I remember correctly, there were times when Zion was taken out of games because he was unplayable defensively. Even in game six of this year's Phoenix Series, we were in it until CJ's 'felt' the heat in the fourth quarter.

Lest we forget...

Phoenix was a rag tag bunch until a guy name Chris Paul came to town. What do the Knicks lack? What do the Bulls lack? What do the Nuggets lack? What do the Clippers lack? What do the Timberwolves lack?

And....

I know it's kind of a reach, but who was the difference-maker that made the Bucks a World Champion?

Imagine if instead of Jae Crowder and Bridges, the Suns had CJ McCollum and Zion….would CP3 still have been the right fit? Of course not.

Look, you can want a lead guard, I won’t stop you. But then you need to simultaneously advocate for getting rid of 2 of the 3 - BI, Zion, and CJ. No person who knows anything about roster building could possibly advocate for a guy like that to be added to the current core

Imagine if instead of Jae Crowder and Bridges, the Suns had CJ McCollum and Zion….would CP3 still have been the right fit? Of course not.

Look, you can want a lead guard, I won’t stop you. But then you need to simultaneously advocate for getting rid of 2 of the 3 - BI, Zion, and CJ. No person who knows anything about roster building could possibly advocate for a guy like that to be added to the current core
    Damn, Mac!! I love reading your take; it makes me think. But, you can be so damn condescending sometimes.

If you don't think that Paul would help the Pelican roster as is, I simply just don't know what to say. A solid (but not great) facilitator did a nice job of getting the best out of Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday, Nikola Mirotic, and E'Twaun Moore for half a season. Then that team 'melted away. No offense to Herb or CJ, but I think neither can make BI, Zion, Jaxson, or Val a better player than Hall of Famer, Chris Paul can. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Could a top 10-15 player in the NBA help? Sure. If that is the debate, then sure, you win.

But Chris Paul wont be available. Only MUCH lesser versions of him will be, like a Mike Conley. At 20+ mil. At the expense of minutes to young guys. At the expense of touches to MUCH better players.

So, yes, if the Pels can get Chris Paul and give up nothing, then I will join the charge!

Well only so many people can create a dynasty not everybody think the same , I’m thinking dynasty not playoffs you were just excited to get in while I thought we could legitimately win and we loss and now ima hit you with facts again and I want you to gloss right over them again

We lost because of these reasons
    Sloppy passes things like 24 second violations or late shots
    McCollum taking more shots than making passes knowing his shot is not hitting
    Not abusing ayton seeing he is struggling defensively against Val
    Taking too many tough jumpers
    Not keeping a defensive player with size on Chris

Doesn’t have to be Chris Paul I don’t know about the upcoming draft but if there’s a 6’4 to 6’6 defensive guard with great passing we could use that
    They may be somebody who thinks lonzo which I would rather have then graham but lonzo was petrified of taking it to the hole with a subpar midrange just kind of turned into a chucker from 3

If mentality is the reason for no Ben Simmons or money just can’t work I respect that and understand
    But to act as if he doesn’t fit the team would be a lie David griffin wasn’t rumored to be looking that way for no reason

He’s a facilitator who won’t take shots from your shot makers and when he does it will be a good look because he’s going to the basket
    Bolsters defense just in case Zion forever has that waddle
    Another exotic player with size speed and iq
    Young and could grow with the team

You are very bad at

A) Making arguments
    B) Understanding others arguments

Other than that, a solid contributor to this board. Best of luck to you moving forward. Mute time.

Two types of people in the world:

People who love to debate

People who love to win debates

Surround yourself with the former, remove the latter

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Two types of people in the world:

People who love to debate

People who love to win debates

Surround yourself with the former, remove the latter
    Spot on. I also think there exists a person that is argumentative. Meaning they don’t even believe what they are saying to be true, but will argue away just to ******** someone of. Those are my favorite type. You can just tell they don’t believe themselves. I have the blessing to be graced by politicians every day. It’s like 8 hours of comedy.

Thread Information