Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

Are y ‘ all ready now? Trust the process! We can go anywhere you want with this thread. Have a trade idea post it. Do you think the future is bright in the long run discuss our tank. Discuss what we can get in draft.

I thought THIS year was NEXT year.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    I thought THIS year was NEXT year.
    Yeah you noticed that too. S.O.S. Each year. But I do like NAW and I like Willie.

Trying to get Beal here now is nearly impossible on the trade machine without giving up Zion or Ingram. Griff. really screwed up our chance at Beal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Trying to get Beal here now is nearly impossible on the trade machine without giving up Zion or Ingram. Griff. really screwed up our chance at Beal.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Griff has been awesome at acquiring assets, only to squander them on role players. I don't really know how we improve this team drastically outside the draft.

Can’t get Jaylen Brown either

Can’t trade Temple on the machine. Thanks David.

I think I'm 10 more losses away to becoming an Memphis Grizzlies fan lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I think I'm 10 more losses away to becoming an Memphis Grizzlies fan lol
    They are an easy team to root for... still don't know why they traded val for adams and draft compensation since he is the perfect fit with ja and jjj... minus the Williams pick, they have hit on most of their picks and have a good coach to go along... ja is such a special talent though that elevates his team and you can easily see how good he is as a leader at such a young age...

We are baddddddddddddd

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    They are an easy team to root for... still don't know why they traded val for adams and draft compensation since he is the perfect fit with ja and jjj... minus the Williams pick, they have hit on most of their picks and have a good coach to go along... ja is such a special talent though that elevates his team and you can easily see how good he is as a leader at such a young age...
    The explanation I saw from most Grizz fans I followed was basically that Jonas was too good and too vocal, and that he was basically just allowing the youth to rely on him too much as a leader, stunting their development a little. Therefore trading him away made them worse as a team, as he was their best player, but is a long-term move to allow Ja and co to really blossom into those leadership positions.
    Basketball.

What does Zion > Ja mean? It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread, but I have seen it running wild on Twitter, and I’m not following the basis for the reasoning.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The explanation I saw from most Grizz fans I followed was basically that Jonas was too good and too vocal, and that he was basically just allowing the youth to rely on him too much as a leader, stunting their development a little. Therefore trading him away made them worse as a team, as he was their best player, but is a long-term move to allow Ja and co to really blossom into those leadership positions.
    Sound like rich people problems lol

I'd much rather my team follow Ja's lead than Zion's. The most important item in a box score for a leader is not points scored...not assists....not rebounds....not shooting %. The most important item in a box score is your name. I want nobody on the Pelicans to follow Zion's lead.

Three years...three injuries (it's really five years if you count Duke and his last year at Spartanburg Day).

RELIABILITY IS A PREREQUISITE FOR GREATNESS!!

I'm man enough to admit it, MAC was right!!!

Maravich and Zion's to score were/are almost unearthly. That doesn't necessarily translate into them being championship caliber basketball players.
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-25-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What does Zion > Ja mean? It hasn’t been mentioned in this thread, but I have seen it running wild on Twitter, and I’m not following the basis for the reasoning.
    In theory Zion is the the better talent, but Ja imo is a better player because his play style contribute to more winning games (lead guard controlling pace, leader, healthy). To be fair I don't think no one seen this version of Zion in the NBA when the two were being compared so I can't fault new Orleans for taking him because it's been fools gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    In theory Zion is the the better talent, but Ja imo is a better player because his play style contribute to more winning games (lead guard controlling pace, leader, healthy). To be fair I don't think no one seen this version of Zion in the NBA when the two were being compared so I can't fault new Orleans for taking him because it's been fools gold.
    There was plenty of people saying his weight and height (or like thereof) would be a problem. Not to mention, he was damaged goods.

MAC was right; but no one listened.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There was plenty of people saying his weight and height (or like thereof) would be a problem. Not to mention, he was damaged goods.

MAC was right; but no one listened.
    Don't recall MAC ever saying we should take Ja over Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    With all due respect, you have the files and can look it up; he said it.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    myself and one other person had the guts to say we would draft ja over zion....my main reason was that i wanted my dominate player at the 1-3 and the team can get better overall by addition by subtraction by getting everything we can from memphis and giving up lonzo....i just figure it would have been easy to build around jrue,, ingram and ja with all of the picks we would have had from memphis and lakers at that time....

im going to die on the hill of we should had drafted ja over zion

y'all are legit ridiculous lol

Hahahahaha!

Didn't realize you guys made this thread. Please don't delete anything. This is going to be bumped for amusement constantly.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahahahaha!

Didn't realize you guys made this thread. Please don't delete anything. This is going to be bumped for amusement constantly.
    Be careful what you wish for!

Start with Wednesday’s opponent

I wouldn't mind having buddy hield over here despite him being overpaid... he would be nice coming off the bench with naw at the point to get us some fire power and more dead eye shooters. The question is do we value the expiring contracts of sato and hart more for other trade options and or flexibility or are we reluctant to get attached to buddy's overpaid contract.

We also still have a 17m tpe which we could use to target someone within that range to help this team.

We are not getting anywhere with this lineup.

Thread Information