Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

So who we taking with the #1 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Thank you. Since the then Hornets came to NOLA, I’ve only probably have missed a handful of games. Growing up in this area I always dreamed of us having our own NBA team. Jazz was before my time. I will continue to watch or go to all the games no matter the circumstances. Know why? Because I’m a true fan! If they ever become something real then it will really mean something to me. Band wagon fans won’t experience that true exhilaration. Like when the Saints won the Super Bowl, those of us who cheered for them through years of them not even breaking.500, we felt it!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    I?d be watching but I?m in the wrong time zone and the app is trash. And of course ol? Mac gotta rub it in. Do you, Mac. Do you.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I?d be watching but I?m in the wrong time zone and the app is trash. And of course ol? Mac gotta rub it in. Do you, Mac. Do you.
    What time zone are you in?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    What time zone are you in?
    Same as you for now. I tried to watch and it said I couldn’t. And then the app wouldn’t stay connected. But no worries I’ll be back home Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Wait....you guys are watching this? My bad.

I thought I was a glutton for punishment and I stopped after 1-8.
    if you watch the first half of games, its not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Personally I don?t like the drama. At this point I?d drop griffin and Zion. If I?d do that it?s to get very young and build for the future.
    I thought this year WAS the future?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You could not have possibly framed this more misleadingly.

To quote the article:

Acting like Griffin being at MSG says anything about how long he's going to stay around is absurd in general, but especially when the entire reason he was at MSG was as part of a Pelicans college basketball scouting trip. Implying otherwise is extremely weird.
    That was what I was implying. We riding the tank. On that note pretty funny what Gentry told him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The whole network is trash except for the announcers and Jen Hale. It's not even high def. NBA should ditch the regional networks and go ESPN+ with all the games like the NHL has done.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The whole network is trash except for the announcers and Jen Hale. It's not even high def. NBA should ditch the regional networks and go ESPN+ with all the games like the NHL has done.
    Yeah the quality is pathetic indeed

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Imagine trying to spin the trade as if Eric Bledsoe was a positive asset in the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Imagine trying to spin the trade as if Eric Bledsoe was a positive asset in the trade.
    At least Memphis was smart enough to get something for him.

Jaden Ivey deserves more love here.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Jaden Ivey deserves more love here.
    Eh, I think unless he experiences a good bit of growth (or a good number of other people fall, which is very possible) he's only a fringe lottery guy. In a season where we start 1-12, we're not looking at a draft pick between 10 and 15, we're looking between 1 and 5.
    Basketball.

Hey MM. Wanna wager on Zion returning and the Pelicans making the playoffs? Winner gets the rights to the loser's PR.com signature for one year.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Paolo, Jaden Hardy, Jabari Smith, and Jalen Duran are my guys..

The thing is... I don't see us drafting a PF if Hardy is available unfortunately... Which would be a terrible mistake to fill a need over BPA. You got to go for the most talented player available.

Duran I can understand passing on him. It's a really hard sell to draft a back up top 5 when you have a top 10 center and Hayes. Granted... It's a no Brainer to dump hayes and have Duran be the back up for a couple of years.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-16-2021 at 02:43 AM.

Hardy looks like best shooter coming out and Duran looks like fiercest stud of the lot. either one makes the Pels better

His name is Duren, not Duran. I do like the idea of an 80s synthpop group made out of NBA players though.

Won't lie I'm just not excited about Paolo and Chet. Banchero gives me Boozer vibes which is cool but eh, and Chet is a better version of Poku from last year draft and will take a ton of time to develop body wise.

I was hoping for a quick difference maker in this draft class but not seeing it yet. Still early but eh not forcing myself to like guys because I'm desperate Pels fan. If we got the top 3 pick I would trade it for sure for someone like SGA.

Won't lie I'm just not excited about Paolo and Chet. Banchero gives me Boozer vibes which is cool but eh, and Chet is a better version of Poku from last year draft and will take a ton of time to develop body wise.
    Tell me you haven't watched either Paolo or Chet pre-college without telling me you haven't watched Paolo or Chet pre-college.

Tell me you haven't watched either Paolo or Chet pre-college without telling me you haven't watched Paolo or Chet pre-college.
    Sadly, Pokusevski couldn't go to a worse situation to be honest. I know I wasn't high on him, but not all of it is on him.

You see Paolo being a game changer in the NBA against grown men? I could see it with Chet one day, but Paolo is giving me Marvin Bagley vibes based on how he scores.

You see Paolo being a game changer in the NBA against grown men? I could see it with Chet one day, but Paolo is giving me Marvin Bagley vibes based on how he scores.
    When Carlos Boozer starts bombing step-back off the dribble threes against hard doubles at 28 feet, which Paolo Banchero did fairly often pre-college, then I'll reconsider the Boozer comparison.

I don't see anyone in this draft on that all-time-mega-elite prospect tier, so if you're asking if I see Paolo as Luka Doncic, the answer is no, but I certainly don't see him as Marvin Bagley lmao

Thread Information