Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Stan Van Gundy was not the problem with this team.
    little early for that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If Zion was healthy I think we could be 3-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    I’m sorry. But guys played their butts off tonight. NAW’S shooting just killed us despite all the turnovers could still win! 1st quarter great. Then just forgot how to shoot. Devonte’ as well. Basketball is really not that complicated. You need to find guys who can constantly get the ball in the hole. Our Achilles heel is we just don’t have enough of those guys.
    NAW was just flat out awful, besides the (lack of) shotmaking. Devonte too. 8 TO's from your starting backcourt is just ******.

This roster is devoid of enough talent to compete for a playoff spot yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    little early for that
    Plus... He developing players nicely, but he had a grind personality, taking way too long to adjust the defense, and blew a bunch of games with his bleh management.

SVG got fired for very different reasons. He was coaching up these players fine, but coaching is just one aspect of being an NBA headcoach.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This roster is devoid of enough talent to compete for a playoff spot yet again.
    I don't think that's the problem.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I missed most of the game. How did Jones look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    We need a point guard badly. Fourteen Assists is not going to cut it; especially when you have 28 Turnovers. What's that...a 0.50:1.00 Assist to Turnover Ratio?
    Make you go back to the draft and Sharife Cooper is sitting there with our 2nd rd pick and we don't take him. Griffin is going to put this franchise behind a decade if he isn't let go ASAP.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Griff is gonna do everything he can to not better this franchise.... So... You need to be looking at that 10-13th range
    I think we'll still be in that range though, because we will start the season horribly as usual, then win just enough games to screw ourselves out of the lottery while missing the playoffs again. It's the Pelican Way.

And why do we keep making passes when there is a defender between the guy who we want to pass to? I just don’t get it. This is basic basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    I think we'll still be in that range though, because we will start the season horribly as usual, then win just enough games to screw ourselves out of the lottery while missing the playoffs again. It's the Pelican Way.
    I'm glad someone else notice this.

When we drafted Kira... We was 6-26... Then, we sabotage ourselves. Imagine if we had Lamelo Ball instead of Kira.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Make you go back to the draft and Sharife Cooper is sitting there with our 2nd rd pick and we don't take him. Griffin is going to put this franchise behind a decade if he isn't let go ASAP.
    I wanted us to load up a Gleague team from that 2nd round. That's a 2nd round you will probably never see again.

The true pecking order will hopefully be established once Zion returns.

-21.81 PER. FFS maybe the guy will be good, but seriously stop glorifying people that haven't done a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post

-21.81 PER. FFS maybe the guy will be good, but seriously stop glorifying people that haven't done a damn thing.
    That’s on 4 minutes fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That’s on 4 minutes fam.
    Why has he only gotten four minutes, FAM?

Turnovers, inconsistent shooting and lack of overall team defense is why we're losing. We win game one and this one had we done better at these three areas of the game. All these things are correctable errors. We have to correct them. This roster is talented. That's not the problem.
    Last edited by PELSGIRL; 10-23-2021 at 10:03 PM.

lol, relax, fam

Herb was a beast. Nice to finally have someone with that Dog mentality on this team.

The problem isnt talent. Theyve got enough talent even without Zion.

The problem is...you can almost see floating question marks floating over their heads. Just too much confusion and no idea what to do. That leads to turnovers and bad defense.

At least tonight the defensive coverages were better. But still too often opposing top players come off screens and find wide open pastures.

That said if they can win on Monday they are right on track.

Also, BI was the best player on the floor tonight.

Still searching for a bench. This team doesn't have one.

Sorry pelicanchamp. This forum wouldn’t let me reply to you.

Because he's a development player, fam. He needs to be developed. His specialty is scoring and running point. Someone we probably could be in dire need at affordable cost later this season or in a few seasons when we have to pay out big contracts.

It's the whole process of trying bring in as much talent as humanly possible on a talent deficit team.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Probably have me on mute but POINT ZION
    Just like the organization is teaching him other things he's never done well or at all in his life (how to walk...how to eat...how to care for his body), I guess we can teach him how to play point and distribute the ball while playing ln the highest level of basketball played on the planet. As you say, he's only 21.

Thread Information