Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-2

Pelicans October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-2

Away we go, another one.
    Basketball.

I forsee another L. Minnesota core is solid and they have a little depth. Which is way more than I can say for us.

Basketball Guru
    the first game that we played the t-wolves last season they beat us...they were short handed and i think only had like 7 players available....bench players i think....

loosing to that team last season was the lowest point of the season for me lol....a win tonight against their full team would make this month good for me with basketball.....

go pels...

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I forsee another L. Minnesota core is solid and they have a little depth. Which is way more than I can say for us.
    I could see this as being a 50/50 kind of game.

Minnesota has the single best player on either team, in KAT, but I feel like the bottom of our rotations isn't too dissimilar, and I think our No. 2 and our No. 3 (NAW and JV) are better than their 2 and 3 (DLo and Antman)

Minn -7

If we can get more cohesion on D and stop turning the ball over so much we might have a chance. We had a nice stretch in the 3rd last night where the offense was dynamite so hopefully we can get more of that for sustained periods.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

THIS IS A POSITIVE FORUM! So I will post something positive!

MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Yeah he's been visibly bad. His only claim to minutes - given how he's not been a plus offensively for years at this point - is his defense, at least on paper but he's not really standing out on that end either. Of course, it's only been two games, but at the same time there's a reason most of us didn't want him getting minutes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    THIS IS A POSITIVE FORUM! So I will post something positive!

MVP!

Really proud of NAW. I didn't want to gas him up and set unrealistic expectations, but he had really commanded that starting role

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Really proud of NAW. I didn't want to gas him up and set unrealistic expectations, but he had really commanded that starting role
    He's done really well pushing the limits of his upside, it's been good to see. There's an awful number of NBA players who get drafted into the league where their upside is high but realistically they never get put in the position to achieve it, or they never work on the parts of their game they need to.

NAW is an example of someone really working on his game and taking advantage of opportunities. He was really good to close out last year for us when he was starting, good through pre-season, and now he's starting the year off strong. Obviously he's not going to shoot 52/50/83 all year long, but even if he can just maintain 45/38/80 on this kind of volume that's a real starter with the 17th pick. Outperforming his draft position by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If we can get more cohesion on D and stop turning the ball over so much we might have a chance. We had a nice stretch in the 3rd last night where the offense was dynamite so hopefully we can get more of that for sustained periods.
    THIS. I was trying to say this on the other thread. We must eliminate the turnovers and we need some energy on the court for the whole game not just half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Yeah for sure, I still think he should come off the bench and be a spark plug for it. I love what I'm seeing from him and I hope he keeps it up. Could see him winning MIP.

I feel w/ Josh Hart and Zion out, Green should go w/ a 9 man rotation (BI, Naj, Graham, Herb and JV) right now w/ either BI, Naj or JV out there w/ the bench early. I feel Temple and Sato's bad play throws the other guys off. Plus if you go w/ this, they know what to expect, w/ young players you have to simplify the game for them and this is a part of that.

I think this is the game where TM3 gets his legs underneath him and get shoots off.

Another L?

That's fine.

NAW is so much fun to watch, man

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NAW is so much fun to watch, man
    It’s why I think he’s better suited to lead our bench unit. Maybe pull him out early for Trey and bring him out to start the 2nd.

NAW and Graham just gonna have to play heavy minutes. No way around it.

Okay... Somebody got to get on Ingram for starting out cold every game.

Naji turning it over like a machine early

Patrick Beverly would of been nice to have...

Unforced errors compounded by the forced ones. We need guys out here who value the freaking ball.

Just 11 points away from extending our 20 point deficit streak. Yikes.

Our saving grace is these Wolves aren’t very smart.

Thread Information