Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Philadelphia 76ers - 0-0

Pelicans October 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Philadelphia 76ers - 0-0

Here we are, the regular season is here again. Quick injury report stuff: no, Zion is not playing in game one. Everyone expected that at this point. Ben Simmons is also not playing for Philly. Zion is the only Pelican listed on the report: everyone else is apparently good to go.

While it's frustrating that we start without Zion, there are still lots of questions that tonight can answer. How committed is Coach Green to going super deep into the lineups, as he mentioned in the offseason - or is that something that will come along as the season progresses? Will NAW get the nod to start? How many minutes will Temple get (god please none)? With Zion out, who gets his minutes: do we see a bump in Naji, or does Herb Jones get some time? What will the split in time be between JV and Jax?

All of these questions and more will be answered tonight as we debut at home against the Simmonsless Sixers. Let's see how that goes.
    Basketball.

I'll be at this one. My ticket guy keeps asking my to buy more but I told him let's see how this one shakes out.

I don't expect greatness, and Philly was a tough team even without Simmons last year. But I just want to see effort and pro level basketball. If we lose then we lose, but I can't watch anymore SVG level laziness, especially at the defensive end.

All in all I think this one will be an L. I just think with a new coach and new players trying to learn a new system it's tough to beat a playoff team that's picking up where they left off from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I'll be at this one. My ticket guy keeps asking my to buy more but I told him let's see how this one shakes out.

I don't expect greatness, and Philly was a tough team even without Simmons last year. But I just want to see effort and pro level basketball. If we lose then we lose, but I can't watch anymore SVG level laziness, especially at the defensive end.

All in all I think this one will be an L. I just think with a new coach and new players trying to learn a new system it's tough to beat a playoff team that's picking up where they left off from last year.
    I agree. Philly is a good team, and even without Simmons they still have Embiid who is clearly the best active player on either team, as well as some solid complimentary pieces like Seth Curry and Danny Green and Thybulle and Milton and Maxey and Niang and Harris. They're a good roster, who have played together in some cases for years. So while a win would be nice, I'm not demanding it - all I want to see is effort and get some answers to a few questions. That's enough for me tonight.

It'll be a defensive type of game. If they can control the paint, I can see them stealing this one. Philly has a habit of playing ugly games and the Pelicans will happily play a scrappy style as well. It'll be a fun one.

The key will be Jonas being physical with Embiid and trying to frustrate him into foul trouble. If the reverse happens (Jonas gets in foul trouble), we will be in for a long night.

That’s the one game where we could use Adams I am super curious to see what the starting line up will be

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The key will be Jonas being physical with Embiid and trying to frustrate him into foul trouble. If the reverse happens (Jonas gets in foul trouble), we will be in for a long night.
    Size be damned, Herb will get minutes tonight against Embiid. There is no way JAX can play him on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    That’s the one game where we could use Adams I am super curious to see what the starting line up will be
    Yeah, he actually looked really good vs Embiid last year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I just don't want to see it get out of hand. Hopefully at worst it's competitive.

BI first one on the court shooting 3s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211020_180521.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	6597

Okay I can watch it. Would have rathered Naji or Trey instead of Hart. But whateves this is watchable.

Hopefully this doesn't get too ugly. Just want to see growth and the team play hard.

Big yikes.

Anyone know a streaming site? Stupid ballys and youtube tv.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    Why is the game not working on NBA League pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Anyone know a streaming site? Stupid ballys and youtube tv.
    Ballys app not working for me. NBA better step in and clean this up or they are going to lose NBA fans for good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS foul

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Josh Hart was cursed by the gods to not be 6’9”.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It seems like Josh is a guard that they have playing forward.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    It seems like Josh is a guard that they have playing forward.
    You must be new. We have been using Hart out of position the moment we got him

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    They are getting the good shots but it's just not going in.

Jonas at 15 might be the best contract we've ever given

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Jonas at 15 might be the best contract we've ever given
    he's amazing. he's just much better on both ends than i think people usually give him credit for

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    he's amazing. he's just much better on both ends than i think people usually give him credit for
    I really love his rock steady consistency

Graham looking great and Kira looks to have improved

Thread Information