Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    All i know is AD gotta stop capping every offseason about NAW and how this team has taken a leap. Frankly I don't see a starter in him until he can make open jumpers on a consistent basis
    This. Sad to see so many people in that Spaces on Twitter took the bait saying how "positive" he was. Dude was being a company man selling to this team for the fans being tired of complacency in loosing. ******** came off forced and phony to me.

NAW clearly has talent but his biggest issue since he been here is consistency. Before you start comparing players to Harden, can we be consistent first before going deep in the "bag" with cute moves?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Watching Kira play, I have to wonder whether he should be in the G League. He just is not looking like an NBA player.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This. Sad to see so many people in that Spaces on Twitter took the bait saying how "positive" he was. Dude was being a company man selling to this team for the fans being tired of complacency in loosing. ******** came off forced and phony to me.

NAW clearly has talent but his biggest issue since he been here is consistency. Before you start comparing players to Harden, can we be consistent first before going deep in the "bag" with cute moves?
    I feel like this is unnecessarily harsh to NAW. He was excellent through the first 2 games this year, very good overall in pre-season, and very good at the end of last year as well. The fact that he occasionally has a bad shooting night isn't particularly noteworthy: it would be more shocking if he never had them.

You say that we have to wait for consistency before we can ''start comparing players to Harden'': last season Harden shot under 40% from the floor in 10 games - he only played in 44. Nearly a quarter of his games featured him shooting 5 of 17 or 7 of 24 from the floor. And he shot below 36% (that is, below league average) from 3 in 21 games: there was a damn near 50% chance of Harden coming out on any given night and going 3/11 from deep or 1/8.

It's one thing if NAW goes back to having more bad games than good, but can be pump the brakes a little bit on bagging on him for shooting badly in one game so far this year?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel like this is unnecessarily harsh to NAW. He was excellent through the first 2 games this year, very good overall in pre-season, and very good at the end of last year as well. The fact that he occasionally has a bad shooting night isn't particularly noteworthy: it would be more shocking if he never had them.

You say that we have to wait for consistency before we can ''start comparing players to Harden'': last season Harden shot under 40% from the floor in 10 games - he only played in 44. Nearly a quarter of his games featured him shooting 5 of 17 or 7 of 24 from the floor. And he shot below 36% (that is, below league average) from 3 in 21 games: there was a damn near 50% chance of Harden coming out on any given night and going 3/11 from deep or 1/8.

It's one thing if NAW goes back to having more bad games than good, but can be pump the brakes a little bit on bagging on him for shooting badly in one game so far this year?
    My shot was more so at AD not NAW. Just don't like "Positive Vibes Only" people man lol. Like it's one thing to be optimistic, but at least acknowledge people frustrations and don't act like people being fed up with losing is annoying you or giving you bad vibes. It just comes off like you are looking down on people frustrations and it's very dismissive.

But this my last post about the whole AD thing. Us being 0-3 should not be a shocker, but just didn't like how he was hyping this team up to be very good without Zion and was pissed off for folks not seeing it his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    My shot was more so at AD not NAW. Just don't like "Positive Vibes Only" people man lol. Like it's one thing to be optimistic, but at least acknowledge people frustrations and don't act like people being fed up with losing is annoying you or giving you bad vibes. It just comes off like you are looking down on people frustrations and it's very dismissive.

But this my last post about the whole AD thing. Us being 0-3 should not be a shocker, but just didn't like how he was hyping this team up to be very good without Zion and was pissed off for folks not seeing it his way.
    I agree with the last bit. Nobody should be surprised that we're losing without Zion. Even with Zion, we weren't expected to be a 60 win team or anything stupid like that, so if you imagined us as being a little bit over .500 with everyone healthy (which I did, I was hoping for somewhere around 43 wins this year) why would it be a shocker that we're under .500 without our best player? No surprises. Gotta be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Watching Kira play, I have to wonder whether he should be in the G League. He just is not looking like an NBA player.
    Yep, his 'you take the ball; I don't want it' attitude when Beverly got in his head is not something NBA Point Guards are made out of. It's akin to a boxer 'taking a dive' in a prize fight.. Ship him and Hart to Cleveland for Ricky Rubio and a future # 2. We need a point guard desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yep, his 'you take the ball; I don't want it' attitude when Beverly got in his head is not something NBA Point Guards are made out of. It's akin to a boxer 'taking a dive' in a prize fight.. Ship him and Hart to Cleveland for Ricky Rubio and a future # 2. We need a point guard desperately.
    I would take that deal. Rubio would be a calming player on a team that seems very chaotic right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would take that deal. Rubio would be a calming player on a team that seems very chaotic right now.
    Man... With how teams like to scam us. Probably want a protected 1st for him or keep him..lol.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... With how teams like to scam us. Probably want a protected 1st for him or keep him..lol.
    lol this made my day lol...

I like to provide good news... Pelicans ML bet maybe in play in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I like to provide good news... Pelicans ML bet maybe in play in tomorrow.
    What?s a ML bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    What?s a ML bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Money Line. It's a straight Team Wins bet. No spread

Some ridiculous takes on Kira here. The guy is just starting his second year, his first year being a sh t show with no summer league, shortened preseason, etc. And his role model for learning to be a point guard was Bledsoe. Now he’s basically got no one to help teach him how to be a point guard because we don’t have one on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Some ridiculous takes on Kira here. The guy is just starting his second year, his first year being a sh t show with no summer league, shortened preseason, etc. And his role model for learning to be a point guard was Bledsoe. Now he’s basically got no one to help teach him how to be a point guard because we don’t have one on the team.
    I will say that Kira was pretty bad early on at Alabama, but that once the light bulb turned on, he was amazing. I don't know if he will do the same in the NBA but I would be surprised if he is just a bust who is out of the league in a few years. He will have a role somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    I will say that Kira was pretty bad early on at Alabama, but that once the light bulb turned on, he was amazing. I don't know if he will do the same in the NBA but I would be surprised if he is just a bust who is out of the league in a few years. He will have a role somewhere
    Just gotta hope his brilliant mind can catch on to the NBA fast enough.

Thread Information