Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 0-1

Lol @ Sato and Temple on the floor together

Also bruh... what does it take for people on this team to draw fouls? Like how has this transcended multiple Stars, Coaches, GMs, and Owners?

Chicago is up by 17 and LaVine hasn't scored. UH-OHH, Boss!!!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Guys please tell me this isn’t real. This is the most unwatchable Pels team I have seen in a long time.

3 PT away from another 20 point deficit. That would be 5 out of 6 games where we had a 20 point deficit.

Well, at least Covid is over (even if we are playing like the same old Pelicans).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball Guru
    I can't watch this anymore..we don't get foul calls...team has no energy...maybe I'm the jinx tonight...so I'm going to turn the game off and watch some football...

Im looking at the west teams right now and i can only name 2 teams that im sure we are better (thunder and rockets) other than that it can be a toss up with the rest of the lower tier west teams...the wolves are healthy this season and looks better, the kings have a lot of good role players...

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Im looking at the west teams right now and i can only name 2 teams that im sure we are better (thunder and rockets) other than that it can be a toss up with the rest of the lower tier west teams...the wolves are healthy this season and looks better, the kings have a lot of good role players...
    You spend all offseason fixing mistakes only bring you back to square one not better.

Iso BI halfcourt is a problem. Same as Wed, why does no one move when he takes it up the court?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The work Lavine gives to Herb today will empower down the line.

The things he’s seeing in live action are the first time he’s seeing it. Wait till he’s played a couple years and seen these dudes repeatedly. If he ever gets a semblance of a reliable jumper, beware.

We don?t get no calls

Down by 14.....Bulls have 16 points off of TOs. This isn't a talent issue....it's a new system, missing two starters, young team issue. It will get better.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I am shocked that Kira hasn't gotten a run, yet!!! The guard play sucks.

I wanna see how the optimists spin this one. Last game it was "if not for Korkmaz...."

I am guessing this time it will be about how the Bulls had abnormal energy because it was their first home game. Or LaVine got abnormally hot. Combined with us not having Zion and Hart, of course. That will be the main reason, but I am curious about the other stuff the optimists say to try to convince us this isn't a bottom 5 team.

Graham giving me big Instant Gritz vibes right now

Herb Jones’ existence is antithetical to the moaning of same ol’ Pelsness. Y’all need to chill and find enjoyment in the little things.

Graham too. We haven’t had this kinda player since…pfft Pargo?

Value the ball. That’s all we need to do for me.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Guys please tell me this isn?t real. This is the most unwatchable Pels team I have seen in a long time.
    I?d rather go to the dentist that watch this team right now

The 1968 New Orleans Buccaneers would crush this team

Doug Moe
    Jackie Moreland
    'Red' Robbins
    Jimmy Jones
    Larry Brown.

And the 1975 New Orleans Jazz would have destroyed them.

E.C. Coleman
    Nate Williams
    Otto Moore
    Louie Nelson
    Pete Maravich

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    I wanna see how the optimists spin this one. Last game it was "if not for Korkmaz...."

I am guessing this time it will be about how the Bulls had abnormal energy because it was their first home game. Or LaVine got abnormally hot. Combined with us not having Zion and Hart, of course. That will be the main reason, but I am curious about the other stuff the optimists say to try to convince us this isn't a bottom 5 team.
    who are the optimists lurking in the dark you're talking about? And why do they irk you so much? Are people not allowed to have an opinion that veers outside of abject dismay?

JAX gets only 4:33 and Kira gets nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Herb Jones’ existence is antithetical to the moaning of same ol’ Pelsness. Y’all need to chill and find enjoyment in the little things.

Graham too. We haven’t had this kinda player since…pfft Pargo?
    Graham dribbles the air out of the ball. A few of our dead ball turnovers last game were because he was WAY too indecisive late in the shot clock. I agree overall with your sentiment though

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    who are the optimists lurking in the dark you're talking about? And why do they irk you so much? Are people not allowed to have an opinion that veers outside of abject dismay?
    Calm down buddy. Seem to have touched a nerve.

People were calling themselves optimists and saying things like that, so I was just repeating their words. Call them whatever you like. But this team is bad. Call a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Graham dribbles the air out of the ball. A few of our dead ball turnovers last game were because he was WAY too indecisive late in the shot clock. I agree overall with your sentiment though
    Other much better players do the same thing. But yeah.

I don't see much more than the Bulls and other teams have their best player healthy (and in shape)...and we don't.

The talent discrepancy isn't wide. We're just incomplete. And having to rely heavily on our newest players to fit in immediately.

Thread Information