Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 0-1

Pelicans October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Chicago Bulls - 0-1

Pelicans back in action, this time the road debut in Chicago which will make all the media squeal with childish joy because Lonzo exists.

Injury Report: Zion still out, Hart out, everyone else still in as far as I can tell.

Too early in the season to really do breakdowns on specific things, but I will say that we need to focus on interior scoring, and hope that Valanciunas can have an offensive return to form tonight as he missed a lot of gimmes in the debut. I also hope we get a slightly fairer whistle tonight, as we should have had several more FTs than we did in game 1.

Let's Go!
    Basketball.

I guessing Naji starts tonight? We're going to need his defense to step up tonight against LeVine.

Bulls -6.

Fade Pelicans till proven otherwise. Every game but one this season and preseason... They have trailed by 20 points. Huge red flag

Basketball Guru
    graham,,naw,,marshall,,ingram,,jonas....

graham,,naw,,ingram,,hayes,,jonas...

5mins of temple...

just give me this tonight and ill be happy...

I want to see a strong showing. Want to see the minimum of Temple and Sato and more of Herb, Trey and Naji. I don’t want them to lose their heads like we did last night. We were in the game despite shooting miserably inside the paint. Then we imploded once Sato hit the floor. Want to see more consistency tonight.

Pretty obvious the lengthy trio of Naji, Trey, Herb need more minutes and Temple/Sato need next to none.

But vet politics is a habit that dies hard among NBA coaches. So I'd be surprised if Temple doesn't start in place of Hart. Should be Naji even with a healthy Hart.

We have to bring it in defensively to have a chance since the bulls have a lot of fire power on offense.

Basketball Guru
    i hope this game dont be like one of the last season games to where the bulls were 3pointing us like crazy in the 3rd..

Here's to Lonzo choking!

This is another game I don't feel confident about us winning but I'm still feeling good about the playoffs. Just looking for growth and to stay competitive, tonight.

I want less Temple and Sato, too....but with the reports of Hart being our defensive coach on the court and him being out....I'm afraid we won't see that.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    We have to bring it in defensively to have a chance since the bulls have a lot of fire power on offense.
    We shouldn’t eventually be they told. I mean, what’s the point of having Mike D’Antoni on the staff if our offense is just above average.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    A former Pels player's first game against the Pels.

Lonzo's incoming stats:

30 pts
    12 ast
    11 reb
    2 stls
    2 blks

Nah, that's a bit much. But wow that'd be messed up.

Zion to return and drop 40

Pounds

Herb starting!!! Forget everything I said about starting 2-10....Pels going on a winning streak now!!!!

Haha. Did anyone guess Jones would start before Murphy?

Wild start to the season. Go kid!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jones starts for defensive purposes. I thought they wound go with Trey first.

Jesus this shooting is disgusting

I see a lot of people say that "Zion will get people open shots"

Cant get more open that these shots and the guys still can't make them. Just a lack of skill on this team. A ton of high effort guys who care. Very little skill

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Amazing. We?re getting all the open looks. Shots aren?t falling. We need to get inside. Get fouled.

Talent problem...

we stink right now.

Basketball Guru
    This the game temple will hit five 3s lol...

Maybe it wasn't SVG after all.

So who will the new GM and coach draft next year with our top 5 pick ?

I reserve the right to go back to my '2-10 start' take. And I think thats optimistic.

Outside of Orlando, Houston, and OKC, I don't think this team has as much talent as any other team currently

This green guy for the bulls is a nice player...his defense and energy has been very impressive ever since that pre season game we played them.

Thread Information