Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: October 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Philadelphia 76ers - 0-0

Lol! Me too! Good one Donato.

Hi everyone. First-time long-time. I finally bit the bullet and registered literally just so I could put 13 - 3 on an ignore list. Such unbearable trolling. Looking forward to talking Pellies with y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by urboyJD View Post
    Hi everyone. First-time long-time. I finally bit the bullet and registered literally just so I could put 13 - 3 on an ignore list. Such unbearable trolling. Looking forward to talking Pellies with y'all!
    Lmao. Love the pettiness. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I'd be shocked if he's back within the first 10 games...he's not running yet, it's almost two weeks until he's "reevaluated", even if everything looks great then (not that it will, but if) it's not like he'd play the next game. I'd place the over/under at Thanksgiving.
    Are you just now getting last weeks news today?? He’s been running now for a week. And a week ago they said he would be re-evaluated in 2 weeks. So that’s next week. Depending on the new scans, I think he’s back sometime 1st week of November.

We'll be 9 - 17 by the time the Teletubby is ready to go. And for the sake of his career, the team would be doing him a huge favor by not forcing his return, though he will whine and cry.

Man... Kyle looks soo washed. And we tried to give him a 3 year max... Makes me sick. Saved us from another patented Griff Vets..

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Sup buddy. It's Nolan from SR.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Who here feels a little emotional about the bulls game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Raise a drink* Always good to have a familiar face. Im bit more negative on the Pelicans than the Saints, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Who here feels a little emotional about the bulls game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Emotional... No.

Sense of impending blowout... Yeahhhhh like a solid 7/10

Trust the process

SR ? You an SR poster? Speaking of trolls. Lol They still have a Pelicans forum?

I would like to apologize for starting a tank thread today. Will wait till January like we normally do. Sorry about this again.

Winning cures everything. Just ask Coach O. I hope I did not offend anyone. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    Are you just now getting last weeks news today?? He’s been running now for a week. And a week ago they said he would be re-evaluated in 2 weeks. So that’s next week. Depending on the new scans, I think he’s back sometime 1st week of November.
    Yeah, I was sure I'd heard that as well. I expect him to miss probably the first 9 or 10 games, which would bring him back sometime around the first week of November, ish. Obviously it could be worse and they're just hiding it, wouldn't put it past them, but based on what we've actually heard that seems a reasonable expectation.

Though I'd also expect a 25 mpg minutes restriction for the first dozen games after he gets back, as well.
    Basketball.

center Mitch Robinson had a jones fracture last March and only was cleared to play this October....that's 6 months+. draw your own conclusion

Was he wearing his usual baggy clothes?
    No, he was wearing a fitted suit and did not look fat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    We'll be 9 - 17 by the time the Teletubby is ready to go. And for the sake of his career, the team would be doing him a huge favor by not forcing his return, though he will whine and cry.
    Yeah, force an injured player to return before being cleared by the doctors. Makes a lot of sense (I guess for someone who has always had a negative bias against him).

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No, he was wearing a fitted suit and did not look fat.
    I wasn't there (obviously, wrong country for that) but I saw a bunch of people talking on twitter about him looking visibly in shape, so that supports this. This, for example:

Quote Originally Posted by clark griswald View Post
    center Mitch Robinson had a jones fracture last March and only was cleared to play this October....that's 6 months+. draw your own conclusion
    Yes, some players take longer than others. Zion had his surgery months ago at this point, though, and the average time for a Jones fracture recovery isn't that wild. Here, from this article:

http://instreetclothes.com/2021/09/2...20is%20limited.

Recovery following surgery can occur in six-to-eight weeks though an 8-to-10-week window is likely a safer estimate. According to the InStreetClothes.com injury database, the average time lost for in-season fifth metatarsal fractures is about 42 games (roughly 10 to 11 weeks).
    Average recovery time of 10 to 11 weeks? When did Zion have his surgery? Well, I don't know the exact date off the top of my head but we know it was before Summer League - Summer League started 8th August. How long has it been since August 8th? 11 weeks this upcoming Sunday, October 24th. So while it's possible that he could be out longer, expecting him to be back in the next couple of weeks is entirely fitting with his diagnosis, his surgery time, and average recovery time.

Quoting again from the linked article above:

However, there may be multiple reasons for optimism surrounding Zion. To start, a 2016 study revealed NBA players to suffer Jones fractures did not display a decrease in performance when they returned to play. Furthermore, Aaron Nelson and the Pelicans medical staff have had a positive impact on player health since joining New Orleans, including last season when they finished in the top 10 for fewest games lost to injury or illness. Nelson also has prior success managing fifth metatarsal fractures. In 2009 while leading the well-respected Suns medical team, Nelson and his team worked Robin Lopez back from surgery to fix a fifth metatarsal fracture in just 52 days. Lopez never exhibited any associated setbacks or complications. The variables in the two cases may vary but Williamson is in proven hands.
    Acting like Mitchell Robinson is a normal comparison case is honestly just fearmongering. Yes, individual circumstances may vary and you can't just assume a strict timetable for every single player, but acting like 6 months+ is the norm rather than an extreme outlier is just being silly for the sake of it. Pessimism as policy rather than sense.

It's entirely reasonable to expect Zion back in the first half of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wasn't there (obviously, wrong country for that) but I saw a bunch of people talking on twitter about him looking visibly in shape, so that supports this. This, for example:

Yeah, that was my observation. I was 7 rows behind the bench and he did not look fat.

Yeah, force an injured player to return before being cleared by the doctors. Makes a lot of sense (I guess for someone who has always had a negative bias against him).
    I said nothing about 'forcing him to play'. In fact, if anything, I said he should be held out until he's physically ready to play (probably December).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I said nothing about 'forcing him to play'. In fact, if anything, I said he should be held out until he's physically ready to play (probably December).

Are you 'baiting' me, cause your post seems very confrontational and personal? Maybe I should report you to a moderator, huh?
    Sorry, did not see or read over the "not." Makes more sense. I was stunned that you were saying to force him to play. Apologize.

Sorry, did not see or read over the "not." Makes more sense. I was stunned that you were saying to force him to play. Apologize.
    Accepted and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    My bad on the running. He's been running for 10 days now and doing individual court work. On 10/13 Griffin says 2-2.5 weeks until the new scans (so 10/27 to 10/30?). Best case scenario is he starts ramping up to team drills at that point. My point doesn't change...he's not going to be back within the first 10 games (11/5).

Thread Information