Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Philadelphia 76ers - 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This was a clear L before the ball even tipped. We all knew that. For the most part I thought the game was a positive. NAW is showing potential and Graham looks to be solid. JV missed a bunch of bunnies he normally makes in his sleep. The defensive has some was to go but Embiid is one of kind big that we couldn't do anything with.
    I agree, and I don't even think the defense was that bad overall. Of course it could be better, but the game was pretty close until Korkmaz went nuclear. It was tied at the half! And the team's Drtg for the first half was 106 which, while not exactly historic, is a perfectly good Drtg to have. For comparison, a DRTG of 106 over a whole season would have been a top 3 defense in each of the last 4 years. Now of course, one half is one half, I'm not saying we're secretly a top 5 defensive team in waiting (though that would be nice), just that I think lamenting too much over the defense last game is a waste of energy. We were mostly fine. Room to grow, sure, but it wasn't disastrous.

Other positives: only 13 turnovers is pretty dang good! 28 assists is good too. More-or-less matched the Sixers on the glass.

Definitely positives to be found
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Caught the 2nd and 3rd quarter and saw some empty seats... didn't help that i have the sixers stream and their commentators are pretty dry
    Pretty sure the 76er announcers were isolated off court. I don't even know if they made the trip. Pregame had them in some funky looking isolation booth not at courtside. When we made a run at the end of the half, I could see people standing and applauding but could barely hear them.

Didn't really look to see if Joel was courtside.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Basketball Guru
    we seen this in the pre season..we need another post player that can backup zion or start if zion is out......the 76ers understood we had no post player and they attacked ingram,,graham and naw and made them work for it in the second half...

embiid was going to get his but the 76ers hot 3rd quarter shooting killed us and we had too big of a hole to dig out of imo...

we just have to clean some stuff up and hope the refs dont swallow their whistle on zion and ingram then we should be fine...plus we have to find points from the bench while zion is out..

the playbook is out on trey so willie has to run some pick plays to get trey some open 3s...

i want to see the starting line up be..

graham,,naw,,marshall,,ingram,,jonas......or...... .graham,,,,naw,,,ingram,,,jax,,,jonas...

seem like the theme this season might be,,,we win this game with zion ...and thats the sad part lol......

Watched a lot of almost every game last night, and this Pels team is gonna be a bottom 5 or 6 team. Yes, even when (if) Zion comes back. Not like they wont have more injuries when he comes back. I agree he will improve some things, but the fact is that this team just wont be able to get stops when it counts. Games will be closer than this one, but at the end of games it is the opponents best 5 against your best 5 and you need stops. Pels have a decent amount of individuals but they aren't a "team" if that makes sense. Yes, they tried hard, but you don't get ribbons for that. Most teams will try hard, and even that try hard stuff stops when you are 4-15 because you aren't seeing the benefits of trying hard being rewarded.

And I see 2-9 after 11 games. Maybe 1-10. Honestly, look at the schedule. You guys can give all the excuses from last night and say it was a crazy Korkmaz performance or Jonas will never play that bad again or this or that. But also, will Graham shoot that well every game? Will NAW or will he be his usual good game/bad game self? Will the opponent always have their 2nd best player suspended and their 1st best only playing 26 minutes?

Get realistic. Get ready for 2-9. And then, hopefully, get ready for more Herb!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I do not see a team that can’t win a good bit more games than it loses without Zion. This 2-9 or 1-10 stuff is odd.

I honestly think this team is more capable of 10-1 than 1-10. Not saying they’ll do either. Just my assessment based off a loss that got away from us. Game felt closer than the score. Dudes get hot and it’s contagious. Just like Val couldn’t hit a putback that he normally makes in his sleep and that’s contagious too.

Heads up. I’m maybe the positivity has poisoned my mind, but I think a Zionless Pels team is still playoff capable.

Wow. You seem like a nice dude but I think you are gonna be crazy disappointed. I would personally be flabbergasted if they even won 4 of their first 11. I honestly think 1-10 is more likely than 4-7 or better. I don’t see one game in the first 11 where the Pelicans are the better team. Now, the better team doesn’t always win and some of those games are at home, so I think they get 2. But 4 or more would shock me. We shall see

I feel 4-6 is a good floor.

If they go 4-6 or better in their next 10, I will start watching whatever cartoon is in your avi. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I feel 4-6 is a good floor.
    Remember Zion likely gets restricted minutes when he does return. Probably won’t play last 7 minutes of a game when returns. The Grif. Policy after returning from IR.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    If they go 4-6 or better in their next 10, I will start watching whatever cartoon is in your avi. Promise.
    Space Ghost is good stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Remember Zion likely gets restricted minutes when he does return. Probably won’t play last 7 minutes of a game when returns. The Grif. Policy after returning from IR.
    I don't understand Zion minutes management... It's so weird. I've never seen a healthy franchise player getting withheld from so many end of game situations.

Honestly, the bigger problem is the complete waste of $27 million in Temple, Tomas, and Hart holding us back..

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I don't understand Zion minutes management... It's so weird. I've never seen a healthy franchise player getting withheld from so many end of game situations.

Honestly, the bigger problem is the complete waste of $27 million in Temple, Tomas, and Hart holding us back..
    Temple and Sato should never see the court, and I think Hart blew out his knee in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I'd be shocked if he's back within the first 10 games...he's not running yet, it's almost two weeks until he's "reevaluated", even if everything looks great then (not that it will, but if) it's not like he'd play the next game. I'd place the over/under at Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I'd be shocked if he's back within the first 10 games...he's not running yet, it's almost two weeks until he's "reevaluated", even if everything looks great then (not that it will, but if) it's not like he'd play the next game. I'd place the over/under at Thanksgiving.
    How this franchise lied to us on media day still got me mad salty.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    He was cleared for running last week. He's already doing walkthrough, daily cardio, and court work with the coaches. I think we should try to be a little more optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    He was cleared for running last week. He's already doing walkthrough, daily cardio, and court work with the coaches. I think we should try to be a little more optimistic.
    Is he losing weight?

I didn't see anyone crying about his weight at the game last night. Must be a good thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I didn't see anyone crying about his weight at the game last night. Must be a good thing right?
    Was he wearing his usual baggy clothes?

Space Ghost is good stuff man.
    top 5 adult swim show for sure

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbJonesFan View Post
    Wow. You seem like a nice dude but I think you are gonna be crazy disappointed. I would personally be flabbergasted if they even won 4 of their first 11. I honestly think 1-10 is more likely than 4-7 or better. I don’t see one game in the first 11 where the Pelicans are the better team. Now, the better team doesn’t always win and some of those games are at home, so I think they get 2. But 4 or more would shock me. We shall see
    Don’t worry about my disappointment level. I’ve seen the worst of the worst.

he was in a suit

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/stat...994301961?s=20

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What a fatass! He prolly uses an electric cart at Walmart!

I realize black is slimming, but he looks more than trim enough. People need to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    What a fatass! He prolly uses an electric cart at Walmart!

I realize black is slimming, but he looks more than trim enough. People need to chill.
    This literally made me laugh out loud!

LOL. He wore all black. He knew this game would not end well. On that note didn’t Davis wear a lot of black his final year here?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-21-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Thread Information