Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Philadelphia 76ers - 0-0

Love that Jonas has extended already. Might need to get a jersey

We need more guys willing to plant roots here
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I really love his rock steady consistency
    yeah, he's what Steven Adams is in theory because he can't stay healthy, but also better and more skilled. Not to blow him out of proportion but he's good. Fringe all-star good imo

Only 22 3PA the 1st half. Our perimeter really isn't being tested and we aren't shooting much either.

With or without Zion, I'm not looking forward to 3PT centric teams. Let's take home a win, tho. Worry about that later.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I like a lot of what I’m seeing. Even Murphy getting a ton of coverage is good. Now he’s gotta adjust. And it’ll make him better for it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jonas seems to be rushing it by like a fraction. Barely at all. But it’s impacting his ability to finish.

Do pels fans only show up in the building when it's the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Do pels fans only show up in the building when it's the playoffs?
    Bro what are you talking about? The crowd is pretty full
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Bro what are you talking about? The crowd is pretty full
    Caught the 2nd and 3rd quarter and saw some empty seats... didn't help that i have the sixers stream and their commentators are pretty dry

Almost like Sato shouldn?t see a minute or something.

I honestly thought we played well for the most part- but holy moly. We can’t miss that much in the paint. Same signs we saw in preseason

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Almost like Sato shouldn?t see a minute or something.

Yeah. This is all from the eye test so maybe it's unfair to say....but it feels like we were totally in this game until I started hearing Sato's name mentioned a lot.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Got a talent problem always had.

It's felt mostly on the bench, but we got young guys that need to develop to fill those gaps.

Team still feels a year away from competing

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I don't think i've ever seen a team miss as many layups and put backs in one game. Just easy buckets for a normal team.

Thanks Zion. Could have used you Heavy Z.

Willie green and Griffin is on their last year. A new Gm will come in and pick his own coach. We need better talent on this team. Giving large contracts to mediocre talent is going to hamper this team. We need players who can create their own shots and make them. A lot of these guys belong in the d league.

Five points off the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When teams focus on raining 3s... I think we are gonna get beat badly a few times without Zion. We still have zero answers for a shootout.

Agreed.

And I don't think it was THAT bad.

Gotta give Willie a few months to get his system to settle in and they both deserve people to wait until Zion hits the court the before we can start the "clean house" talk.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Willie green and Griffin is on their last year. A new Gm will come in and pick his own coach. We need better talent on this team. Giving large contracts to mediocre talent is going to hamper this team. We need players who can create their own shots and make them. A lot of these guys belong in the d league.
    Too many empty contracts for trading was clear as day that this team was bad off.

I just feel the issue with this team is it needs a leader. BI is doing his best to lead by example (and I certainly don’t think he is the problem), but so often we just seem to lack confidence and direction. Hopefully SOMEBODY can take over that role as the season progresses, but I can see the same issues cropping up if somebody doesn’t step up. We are just missing freebies

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His fat ****** cares more about commercial money that actually getting in shape for the damn season. How the hell can you start the season injured 2 out of 3 years???? And you are 21 years old???

Positives: NAW looked good (on offense). I like what Naji did defensively. Kira was more comfortable out there.

Negatives: Garrett Temple and Korkmaz are on the same contract. Let that sink in.

Interesting point the commentating crew made about Hart being the on court coach for defense. Things went downhill when he got hurt. And yeah, we need more players who can step up and be that vocal coach on D but this is game one of a new system and we have a super young team. More people will step up as the season moves on.

Flash: Brandon Ingram did not shoot a single Free Throw.

Thread Information