Pelicans Report

Thread: We need to fire David Griffin if we want to compete with the Upper Echelon teams

We need to fire David Griffin if we want to compete with the Upper Echelon teams

I?m sitting here watching the Lakers / Warriors Game and I Hate the Lakers with a Passion. We need better talent on our team to beat a team like this. Atleast some more shooters like Phoenix has. My side team will be Golden State. They move the ball around so beautiful and they actually have players who move around when they don’t have the ball and drive to the basket instead of just standing at the three point line waiting for the ball.
    Last edited by AtlPelsFan; 10-19-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I?m sitting here watching the Lakers / Warriors Game and I Hate the Lakers with a Passion. We need better talent on our team to beat a team like this. Atleast some more shooters like Phoenix has. My side team will be Golden State. They move the ball around so beautiful and they actually have players who move around when they don?t have the ball and drive to the basket instead of just standing at the three point line waiting for the ball.
    No we don't.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Would have loved the Laker pick fully lottery protected.

We're tied for 2nd in the Western Conference and are one game above the Lakers!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I feel like trying to make considerations on how to compete with upper echelon teams when you're in our position is the height of hubris. Like trying to pick out what style of chandelier you want in your mansion foyer when you're currently living in a dump. Figure out how to compete for the 8th seed before you start worrying about figuring out the nuances of championship contention.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel like trying to make considerations on how to compete with upper echelon teams when you're in our position is the height of hubris. Like trying to pick out what style of chandelier you want in your mansion foyer when you're currently living in a dump. Figure out how to compete for the 8th seed before you start worrying about figuring out the nuances of championship contention.
    We will always be a poverty franchise huh?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    We will always be a poverty franchise huh?
    Not necessarily, but if you keep trying to make win-everything moves before you can win anything you're probably skipping steps and setting yourself up for failure.

Like, if we had let our youth mature a bit and added some good auxiliary pieces and had a season or two with the new coach and we were plateauing as a team, then saying ''we might need to make a big change'' makes some sense. You know what you have, and you know where you need to improve to make that leap.

We're not at that stage. We just added a bunch of new pieces, added a new coach (the third in three years) and on top of that, we also had injuries over the summer - major in some cases. We don't know what we have, entirely, especially with regards to the coach. So let's pump the brakes on demanding huge changes with enormous ramifications for maybe like, 10 games at least.

If NAW, Hayes, Kira, and Murphy becomes important core pieces, I'll be inclined to buy it. I'm might the only one but my biggest value in a front office is their drafting especially in a small market.

Thread Information