Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone got some explaining to do if Zion not ready opening night

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    So this is going to be a yearly thing with Zion's offseason injuries eh.

Literally every single year this fat boy cannot get serious.

Then the family wants to get pissed and mad at the organization. They need to get mad at hm and control the things he can control which is working on his body and preparing to be a professional basketball player in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Then the family wants to get pissed and mad at the organization. They need to get mad at hm and control the things he can control which is working on his body and preparing to be a professional basketball player in the NBA.
    If the rumors are true...this is 100%. That boy just got into the league. Got his own shoe before Trae playing in big market Atlanta.

But I think folks just need to chill. Foot injuries are no joke. Lots of little bones down there. Griff did say he has started running. And any news around Zion seems to get hyper blown. He can't even lift his eye brow without somebody trying to spin a story around it.

Not a surprise to me but there is still talent to work with this year. Assuming Willie Green doesn't pull an SVG with Temple and Sato.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-14-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Unless it is storm damage the banner is coming off the parking garage by the arena. Maybe they will put a NAW banner up?

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Trade for a significantly worse player who's like 5 years older?
    He has done way more than Zion. For damn sure . As for age see Chris Paul.

Basketball Guru
    i was one of the two posters on here that said we should draft ja over zion.....i wanted a good guard and for us to get better by addition by subtraction.....we could have gave Memphis lonzo and received all of the ist round picks from memphis that we could get....maybe some players from memphis also that could have been useful on court or by trade....

i believe ja,,ingram,,jrue,,jj and cast would have got us in the playoffs the bubble year....maybe still trade jrue the following season....

we could have been coming into this season with lakers picks,,,memphis picks,,picks from jrue and whatever else picks that im forgetting....and im guessing some different players also.....the main thing would be no zion drama....

yes zion is a walking 20pt scorer but my main reason was a good guard in ja and a better over all team by subtracting zion because i believe majority of us knew drama would be coming with zion if not winning and national talking heads talking about him leaving...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I don't really care what happens.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    bro. He's a significantly worse player, lol. who cares if he's done way more (which he hasn't)?No need to come of as a spurned girlfriend here, it ain't THAT bad

Also yeah Julius Randle is not some bastion of health compared to Zion, I know your trolling, but like, c'mon, even you can't actually believe this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i was one of the two posters on here that said we should draft ja over zion.....i wanted a good guard and for us to get better by addition by subtraction.....we could have gave Memphis lonzo and received all of the ist round picks from memphis that we could get....maybe some players from memphis also that could have been useful on court or by trade....

i believe ja,,ingram,,jrue,,jj and cast would have got us in the playoffs the bubble year....maybe still trade jrue the following season....

we could have been coming into this season with lakers picks,,,memphis picks,,picks from jrue and whatever else picks that im forgetting....and im guessing some different players also.....the main thing would be no zion drama....

yes zion is a walking 20pt scorer but my main reason was a good guard in ja and a better over all team by subtracting zion because i believe majority of us knew drama would be coming with zion if not winning and national talking heads talking about him leaving...
    that's ridiculous. I don't know why people say this stuff. If someone said they'd rather have been able to keep AD than retain Zion's rights - ok, I can accept that. Or trade Zion for Luka in some hypothetical scenario should he become available. But Ja Morant? Really?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    that's ridiculous. I don't know why people say this stuff. If someone said they'd rather have been able to keep AD than retain Zion's rights - ok, I can accept that. Or trade Zion for Luka in some hypothetical scenario should he become available. But Ja Morant? Really?
    so i cant have my choice?....i said i wanted a good guard...in the last 20 plus years the team that won the title had a dominate guard am im right?.....the bubble year was AD a PF and i dont count that....i also said addition by subtraction by getting memphis picks to make the team over all better.......and if you think zion is staying in new orleans then go ahead and believe that...i believe ja would be a better choice to stay in new orleans over zion......

playa you dont have to accept it...how is things going for us now with zion?....what do the future look like with zion here now?....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so i cant have my choice?....i said i wanted a good guard...in the last 20 plus years the team that won the title had a dominate guard am im right?.....the bubble year was AD a PF and i dont count that....i also said addition by subtraction by getting memphis picks to make the team over all better.......and if you think zion is staying in new orleans then go ahead and believe that...i believe ja would be a better choice to stay in new orleans over zion......

playa you dont have to accept it...how is things going for us now with zion?....what do the future look like with zion here now?....
    dawg, you have every right to think how you want. I'm just offering my opinion is all. I just feel like, yeah there are probably players given the circumstances that I would want here over Zion rn, but imo we need to set ourselves to a higher standard than Ja freaking Morant. Hell, you could argue if we switch places with the Grizz player wise Zion is held more accountable in a org with a better culture and we still hardly get anywhere with Ja considering how incompetent Griff has been for like two years lol. That's a very distinct possibility if roles are reversed.

Also playa I think you're wrong about elite guards winning chips. The only superstar guard that's really won a chip as "The Guy" in the last 20 years is probably Steph.... and unless you're telling me Ja will one day be Steph (which he will never be) than imma have to conclude that swapping out for a way worse player, position be damned, doesn't make much sense. am I wrong?

Zion = Eric Gordon 2.0. Send to the Knicks so he can be healed. Like Davis to LA.

Zion = Eric Gordon 2.0
    So let's complete the (non-existent) cycle and trade Zion for Eric Gordon and picks!!! They're equivalent, right?

As for Griff. If a Cat 4 hurricane damaged your home and roof, Would you trust Griff. to fix your home?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Disappointing, but whatevs. Let's find out about the rest of the guys and see what Green can do. Like was said earlier, if we don't make the playoffs at least we'll keep the pick. Maybe Green can keep the boat afloat till Zion gets back, but those preseason games weren't real encouraging lolz. Let Zion heal up. Also don't care that the FO lied.

As for Griff. If a Cat 4 hurricane damaged your home and roof, Would you trust Griff. to fix your home?
    Um... No. But Griffin is also not a roofer, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Um... No. But Griffin is also not a roofer, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
    Never forget

Griffin characterized himself as “very optimistic," and shrugged off public negativity emanating from the injury. He said the circumstances were understood for several weeks, allowing for a recovery that put Williamson back on the floor before any harm is done to the Pelicans’ season.

“His rehab has been totally in lockstep with the organization, and we’re totally happy with where it’s at,” Griffin said on Sept. 27.
    Would you do business with this salesman?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-14-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Griff deserves a lot of criticism, but he is hardly the blame for Zion's injury.

All the blame for this falls squarely on the broad shoulders of the man-child and his posse'. I'm certain Griff and his team stand ready to assist the man in whatever is required to overcome his trials. You can lead an elephant to water, but if he wants milkshakes instead, what can you do?

This is one time where the inmate is truly running the asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Griff deserves a lot of criticism, but he is hardly the blame for Zion's injury.

All the blame for this falls squarely on the broad shoulders of the man-child and his posse'. I'm certain Griff and his team stand ready to assist the man in whatever is required to overcome his trials. You can lead an elephant to water, but if he wants milkshakes instead, what can you do?

This is one time where the inmate is truly running the asylum.
    Anthony Davis ring a bell? Chris Paul? Hey you can even add Jrue. But at least Jrue was professional about it. Maybe Jrue was right not wanting anything to do with Zion or Griff.

Oh and that JJ guy.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-14-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We can win without Zion. Ignore the drama.

Ingram, Devonte, NAW, JV, Hayes?

We can put Hayes or Naji at PF.

Have Satoransky, Murphy, Naji/Hayes, Hart, Hermanogomez, Kira, Herb all come off bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We really should trade Greg Oden part 2 this season

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We can win without Zion. Ignore the drama.

Ingram, Devonte, NAW, JV, Hayes?

We can put Hayes or Naji at PF.

Have Satoransky, Murphy, Naji/Hayes, Hart, Hermanogomez, Kira, Herb all come off bench.

we can be good without Zion (or a Zion level guy), but we not winning much of significance without that, unfortunately. it's just the hard truth, there's no sugar coating it.

Now we know why Green was running Temple so much. May have to see him. I honestly wouldn't tho b/c he looked bad in there.

It's also funny how no one believes BI can get us there. Why is that? When is this guy going to prove he can be the guy?

Thread Information