Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Someone got some explaining to do if Zion not ready opening night

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Watching Temple is like watching a slow moving train wreck. If he gets minutes..i'm not gonna be watching that trash.

"Veteran Leadership" LOL

Who is taking advice from a career journeyman who averages 6ppg 2apg and 40%/33% shooting?

"Guys, i'm going to show you how to be WAY below average as a player, and still stay in the league."

It's a wasted roster spot. Another dumb move by Griffin. Add it to the list.

Satoransky looks washed as hell too. Both of these guys need to go ASAP, or the product on the court is gonna make most of us tune out. Especially with no Zion for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Watching Temple is like watching a slow moving train wreck. If he gets minutes..i'm not gonna be watching that trash.

"Veteran Leadership" LOL

Who is taking advice from a career journeyman who averages 6ppg 2apg and 40%/33% shooting?

"Guys, i'm going to show you how to be WAY below average as a player, and still stay in the league."

It's a wasted roster spot. Another dumb move by Griffin. Add it to the list.

Satoransky looks washed as hell too. Both of these guys need to go ASAP, or the product on the court is gonna make most of us tune out. Especially with no Zion for a while.
    If I'm being honest...

With how much we spent in salary on Tomas, Hart, and Temple... I'd rather of just kept Lonzo with Graham at this current junction. We didn't improve from moving away from Lonzo.

Lonzo and Graham would been nice. Much better than this dollar general guys that cost the same exact thing and all worse players.
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-15-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If I'm being honest...

With how much we spent in salary on Tomas, Hart, and Temple... I'd rather of just kept Lonzo with Graham at this current junction. We didn't improve from moving away from Lonzo.

Lonzo and Graham would been nice. Much better than this dollar general guys that cost the same exact thing and all worse players.
    Agree. The hope is that the 3 will be used in a trade for a better player. However, those hopes have not worked thus far as we have used the Lakers' picks to dump stupid decisions by Griffin instead of improving the team. Who knows what he will blow the remaining assets on.

If I'm being honest...

I think moving Lonzo was more about him wanting to leave and he/Klutch torpedoing the Pels. I think Griff was bullied by Klutch into a lose-lose situation. I'm glad Morey called Klutch's bluff. More teams should resist that bull sht

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Agree. The hope is that the 3 will be used in a trade for a better player. However, those hopes have not worked thus far as we have used the Lakers' picks to dump stupid decisions by Griffin instead of improving the team. Who knows what he will blow the remaining assets on.
    I feel a Superstar trade with Lonzo and Graham... Is infinitly more possible than trying to dump those guys.

Lonzo was an RFA. We could of matched. We just let him walk for capspace to go after Kyle lowry... Delusional. and got worse.
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-15-2021 at 03:05 PM.

If I'm being honest...

I completely agree with this

Feels like we get in the constant cycle sell low, buy high, and end up worse talent wise till we bottom out and be forced to trade our star player again and again.

We are essentially waiting for a splash trade that will never come with salary placeholders on the bench. Atleast with Lonzo.. We have a talented but flawed player and he'll have value no matter what and talented young players are easy to move.

If had to choose between Lonzo or this trio of Tomas, Temple, and Hart. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm going to match Ball and move him later. Trust Willie to make him fit and happy. I think we have an expensive talent problem and a lot of that is Griffin is too busy being cute with all these empty contracts to the point its just lighting money on fire. We need talent. Dumping Bledsoe and Adams for Jonas and Trey is good talent move. Getting Graham is a great sixth man move. But letting Ball walk for 30 million of unplayable capspace isn't... And I hate it.

I like the decision to let Ball walk, but you got to have a real plan and to me Griff has no real plan. Just holding on to a pray that some star player wants out and I guess we'll just package11 billion picks, because the players are junk.
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-15-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    The advantage of letting Lonzo walk for those guys is that that trio has shorter, easier salary to move in a deal. Lonzo 1. didn't want to be here in his role that the FO/coaches wanted him in, and 2. could still very well turn into a negative long-term asset.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    The advantage of letting Lonzo walk for those guys is that that trio has shorter, easier salary to move in a deal. Lonzo 1. didn't want to be here in his role that the FO/coaches wanted him in, and 2. could still very well turn into a negative long-term asset.
    Yet, he and others said he did want to be here. A young talented player should be easier to move than 3 filler contracts.

I think I'm well known for being in the "we should have kept Ball" camp. I'll still wait to cast judgement though since I do think all signs are pointing to another move being set up. I agree that you would think Ball would be easier to move than Temple, Hart, and Sato.....but trades in the NBA are always funky since expiring contracts are values as much as they are......or one of NAW or Kira need to develop into a quality contending team level starter. They don't need to be an all-star, just a 4th or 5th best player on a finals contending team type player and then letting Zo walk would be worth it.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-17-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

2 to 2.5 weeks, not 5 weeks.

Yet, he and others said he did want to be here. A young talented player should be easier to move than 3 filler contracts.
    He wanted to be here so bad they're investigating tampering for him leaving so fast. Young talented players are only easier to move if they aren't on garbage contracts. It has yet to be seen if he can live up to that.

How fast Zo left does indicate tampering. It also shows the Pels didn't even consider matching. It however does not say anything about if he wanted to stay or not.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    It however does not say anything about if he wanted to stay or not.
    If he wanted to stay, why would he be so quick to sign the contract? He obviously wanted to be in Chicago. He did not like his role in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    He wanted to be here so bad they're investigating tampering for him leaving so fast. Young talented players are only easier to move if they aren't on garbage contracts. It has yet to be seen if he can live up to that.
    I am sure you know how the NBA works. Do you really think it was him doing the tampering? His camp and the Pels had months to discuss the terms of an extension/contract. That decision was not made at 5pm on the date free agency opened.

I am sure you know how the NBA works. Do you really think it was him doing the tampering? His camp and the Pels had months to discuss the terms of an extension/contract. That decision was not made at 5pm on the date free agency opened.
    The Pelicans are not innocents in the "Lonzo to Chicago Tampering Investigation". If they were innocent of wrongdoing, the Pels could have held things up for 48 hours, giving the league ample time to 'pause the transaction' while it investigated. Instead, the Pels were party to the transaction as they were locked and loaded on the compensation (Temple, Sato and a second round pick). If Chicago is found guilty of tampering (as they should), it doesn't exonerate the Pelicans from being a party to the violation of league rules.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The Pelicans are not innocents in the "Lonzo to Chicago Tampering Investigation". If they were innocent of wrongdoing, the Pels could have held things up for 48 hours, giving the league ample time to 'pause the transaction' while it investigated. Instead, the Pels were party to the transaction as they were locked and loaded on the compensation (Temple, Sato and a second round pick). If Chicago is found guilty of tampering (as they should), it doesn't exonerate the Pelicans from being a party to the violation of league rules.
    Not at all what was said or what was being discussed.

Not at all what was said or what was being discussed.
    You know me, PELICANFAN...just keeping it real!!!

Thread Information