Pelicans Report

Thread: We need to go after Kyrie Irving Asap if Griffin wants to keep his job

We need to go after Kyrie Irving Asap if Griffin wants to keep his job

If Griffin wants to keep his job after this year. We need to go after Kyrie Irving asap. Pair him with Ingram and Zion and we have a triple threat. What we have currently won?t even make the playoffs. I am speaking on behalf of Griffin if he wants to keep his job. I believe he drafted him in Cleveland and he has a Duke connection. Make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    If Griffin wants to keep his job after this year. We need to go after Kyrie Irving asap. Pair him with Ingram and Zion and we have a triple threat. What we have currently won?t even make the playoffs. I am speaking on behalf of Griffin if he wants to keep his job. I believe he drafted him in Cleveland and he has a Duke connection. Make it happen
    I have no problem with this, but it still doesn't address the elephant in the room...LITERALLY!!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    All the other reasons why it's a bad idea aside, how do you make the money work?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Looking at the trade machine, it's impossible until after December 14 unless you give up Ingram basically (not happening). So, let's pretend we wait until after the 14th. I suppose you could give up:

Satoransky, Temple, Hart, Naw, Lewis and a first rounder. Maybe they'd take that. I don't know. But even then it's probably only a half season rental. He has a player option next season.
    Last edited by donato; 10-13-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Noooo...... It's so nice and tidy with all the players I hate the most divided between two teams: Irving, Harden, Griffin on Brooklyn; and Westbrook, AD, Lebron, and Dwight Howard on the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Noooo...... It's so nice and tidy with all the players I hate the most divided between two teams: Irving, Harden, Griffin on Brooklyn; and Westbrook, AD, Lebron, and Dwight Howard on the Lakers.
    Can you imagine the flopfest if these two teams met in the finals.

Not realistic at all.

Lol ...... really? You actually trust Kyrie? We already have a young star who is barely a professional.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Yes, if Griff needs to keep his job he needs to trade for a superstar player who is, as far as we know, not even on the market and who has a reputation of being unprofessional and is rumoured by many to be only one or two steps away from considering retirement and who has injury problems.

Genius.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yes, if Griff needs to keep his job he needs to trade for a superstar player who is, as far as we know, not even on the market and who has a reputation of being unprofessional and is rumoured by many to be only one or two steps away from considering retirement and who has injury problems.

Genius.
    Have you seen this team play this preseason ? Just making sure we are looking at the same team.

This Irving guy want to be back with Lebron in LA so bad. Lebron wants nothing to do with the guy. That should say something.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    This Irving guy want to be back with Lebron in LA so bad. Lebron wants nothing to do with the guy. That should say something.
    It would be so wild if Harden, Westbrook, and Durant reunited lol.

Have you seen this team play this preseason ? Just making sure we are looking at the same team.
    Realistically, how do you think this team can get Irving and are you fine with him not playing in many games due to the vaccination restrictions. Do you think he would be a great role model for our young players?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Realistically, how do you think this team can get Irving and are you fine with him not playing in many games due to the vaccination restrictions. Do you think he would be a great role model for our young players?
    We only play in New York /New Jersey once and against the California teams we will be ok in Cali. I think he will do fine in our locker room due to the Duke brotherhood from the top Tradjon and the players from there. He is somewhat of a hippie and will fit in just fine in Frenchman st in New Orleans during his down time.

Not just missing games through vaccinations cause you have to account that he goes out on personal reasons as well... if you have someone like that shouldn't the rest get the same treatment then? Guys like zion bi etc should get those as well... if im a teammate of his and he starts doing this crap, i would have no respect for him and blast the gm as well for catering to that guys needs and not thinking about it as a team with aspirations to win.

We only play in New York /New Jersey once and against the California teams we will be ok in Cali. I think he will do fine in our locker room due to the Duke brotherhood from the top Tradjon and the players from there. He is somewhat of a hippie and will fit in just fine in Frenchman st in New Orleans during his down time.
    Don't really agree about him being fine in the locker room. However, you never addressed the big question - how do you propose we get him? What is the trade offer you think gets him?

Don't really agree about him being fine in the locker room. However, you never addressed the big question - how do you propose we get him? What is the trade offer you think gets him?
    Trade draft picks and anyone not named Zion or Ingram.

And will that also cure Kyrie's knees and his desire to be a part time player and the plausible threat of his imminent retirement?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If we can just take Kyrie's talent and transplant it into Kira Lewis Jr. I'd make that trade. But since to get Kyrie you get his copious amount of idiotic, pretentiousness plus bones made of Squid Game sugar shapes, I'd rather not. I'd literally rather trade for Ben Simmons.

Let his scared of a lil' ol' needle self waste away in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If we can just take Kyrie's talent and transplant it into Kira Lewis Jr. I'd make that trade. But since to get Kyrie you get his copious amount of idiotic, pretentiousness plus bones made of Squid Game sugar shapes, I'd rather not. I'd literally rather trade for Ben Simmons.

Let his scared of a lil' ol' needle self waste away in Brooklyn.
    100% this
    I'm a grinder

Easy to say, but what trade do you think the Nets accept that also fits their roster needs/limits as well as both teams' salary cap restrictions?

Easy to say, but what trade do you think the Nets accept that also fits their roster needs/limits as well as both teams' salary cap restrictions?
    Imagine how much stuff you would have to attach to persuade the All-In Win Now Durant/Harden/Blake Nets to give up Kyrie Irving for Kira Lewis Jr and Herb Jones. Makes my bones hurt just thinking about it.

Thread Information