Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - Preseason

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Any way to stream this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know he's hated by many in here, but if he can pass a physical, I would sign DeMarcus Cousins yesterday!! We need someone who will show some fight.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Any way to stream this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pelicans.com
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

My God, Garrett Temple may quite possibly be the worst NBA player I?ve ever seen. If he sees any game action other than mop up time in the regular season then shame on Willie Green.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Pelicans.com
    Yu really don't want to see the stream. I don't see many wins with these guys handling the ball,.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why are the Jazz still playing good players? Keep screwing around like this and someone could get hurt in a game that was never going to matter, regardless the outcome.

Is NAW really an improved shooter?

Is the pick we gave up next year for Graham Lottery Protected?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Is the pick we gave up next year for Graham Lottery Protected?
    Sure is

Victor or Chet with pick 1?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Is NAW really an improved shooter?
    He was good when he got actual minutes last year, mostly towards the end of the season, and he was good in the first two games as well this preseason. God forbid he have two bad games.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Sure is

Victor or Chet with pick 1?
    With all due respect to Chet, he's not close to Wembanyama as a prospect.

Not that that matters, since Victor isn't eligible for the draft until 2023 not 2022, but still.

I'd also take Paolo Banchero and AJ Griffin over Chet in 2022. And it's debatable between Chet and Yannick Nzosa at 3.

You can see the difference in the skill level of the these teams against ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    With all due respect to Chet, he's not close to Wembanyama as a prospect.

Not that that matters, since Victor isn't eligible for the draft until 2023 not 2022, but still.

I'd also take Paolo Banchero and AJ Griffin over Chet in 2022. And it's debatable between Chet and Yannick Nzosa at 3.
    Oh yeah whoops

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    You can see the difference in the skill level of the these teams against ours.
    Imagine how shameful it would be for the Jazz, who have played Donovan Mitchell 30+ minutes, as well as 25+ for each of Bogdan, O'Neale, and Gobert, plus real backup minutes for Ingles and Clarkson (which is basically their league-best core last year) and they didn't crush a Pels team sans Ingram and Zion and Jax.

On the plus side: good to see Devonte' finding his range on some threes tonight. He'd been cold all pre-season before this.

Naji Marshall needs to learn to play within himself. He thinks that he is a good ball handler and passer and he’s just not….by a long shot.

I dont really care about the end results. Enough of the 5-0 preseasons then 30 win regular season.

I am worried about rotations. If Temple and Tomas are getting minutes ahead of NAW, Trey, Kira, and Naji, we might as well have kept SVG and prepared for failure again.

Sit them both at the end of the bench until they can be moved. If Temple starts the opener I might not even watch.

And Billy should not get minutes in front of a healthy Jax either.

And Herb belongs in that mix in front of Temple and Tomas.

He was good when he got actual minutes last year, mostly towards the end of the season, and he was good in the first two games as well this preseason. God forbid he have two bad games.
    That's what NAW was last year, very inconsistent. Hopefully, he is more consistent in the regular season this year as I would expect he will get a lot more minutes.

I had us as 4-6 as our floor, but now I see it as 2-8 as our floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

I had us as 4-6 as our floor, but now I see it as 2-8 as our floor.
    Jake looking like he needs a nap man lol these five days a week is taking a toll
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

At this point, I'm 100% expecting Zion to miss the first 5 games. And Garret Temple to start and play 25 minutes per night.

Lets just pray Ingram, Graham, or Jonas don't get hurt in 9 days of practice.

One thing that gives me hope that he's not really going to play much in the regular season is that his minutes - mercifully - have not been big during preseason.

- 15 minutes in game one (fewer than Ingram, NAW, Naji, Graham, Herb, Jax, Hart, and Trey)
    - 12 minutes in game two (fewer than Naji, Jonas, NAW, Graham, Herb, Willie, Kira, Sato, Hart, and Trey)
    - 18 minutes in game three (fewer than Jonas, NAW, Graham, Hart, Murphy, tied with Kira and Naji)

That seems to imply that he's just kinda playing because they're putting 14 guys on the floor every game, nobody is playing major minutes, so someone has to mop up some of those minutes - rather than the much worse scenario in which he's getting this run because he's considered a key part of the lineups.

The main counterargument to that is that he's not just playing these minutes, he's starting too, which implies a lot of faith and trust in him, and I admit that possibility is fairly scary. I don't imagine him starting once Ingram and Zion are back - thank God - but if he's starting now it's hard to imagine him going from starter to zero minutes. It would be a crying shame if he gets that rotation wing spot and cheats Naji or Herb out of the rotation.
    Maybe they are starting Temple because they already know he won't play much during the regular season but they also knew that BI would be starting.....so rather than taking a usual upper tier rotation guy and making him miss valuable minutes getting continuity with their projected regular season lineups.....they just inserted Temple there...?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I think it's clear the team needs to narrow down 10 guys for their regular season rotation. Satoransky, DIdi, and Temple should not be rotational players. Hernangomez and Herb should play sparingly and their playing time should be dictated by need.

I felt like this preseason Green was not really interested in the starting lineups and was more worried about finding the right mix for the bench. It seemed like the bench was much stronger than the starting lineup in most of these games.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    There isn't a thing Garrett Temple can do on the court that we don't already have Murphy, Naji, and Hart to do. To say nothing of what Ingram can do. I'd be surprised if Temple is even on the actives most nights..

Thread Information