Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - Preseason

Pelicans October 11th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - Preseason

Here we go again; 1-2 in Preseason thus far, tonight facing the 0-2 Jazz. Let's see how it goes.
    Basketball.

I hope we can get some momentum with the starters vs. Starters

I really dislike seeing us getting blown 10+ out the start every game. I hope for a faster start, but right now... I feel like with a new team learning to build chemistry with a 1st time head coach. We aren't just coming out the gate going full throttle.

Starting the season slow is expected and it's really about how strong we finish this season. Hopefully, we can be on the same page and understand a 4-6 or 8-12 start or worse is expected till the team gets it feet underneath them.

I feel like the team needs to develop and position themselves for a good end season run for the playoffs.

Or bottom out and Griff gets canned.

Either way, it's a win-win scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Or bottom out and Griff gets canned.

Either way, it's a win-win scenario.
    We bottom out and Zion is gone.

Three coaches and two GMs inside one rookie deal? No playoff runs in three years despite having all-star teammates? He'd be outta here and nobody could blame him. That's not a win.

We bottom out this season and that's a huge failure. Undeniably. Anything shy of a playoff run is a failure this year.

It's impossible to build anything sturdy when the foundation is always cracked.

Utah must be terrible. They haven't won a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We bottom out and Zion is gone.

Three coaches and two GMs inside one rookie deal? No playoff runs in three years despite having all-star teammates? He'd be outta here and nobody could blame him. That's not a win.

We bottom out this season and that's a huge failure. Undeniably. Anything shy of a playoff run is a failure this year.
    Nahhhh... Zion isn't gone. But the Doomsday clock is 5 minutes till midnight.

We just gotta retain Langdon by any means possible.

Pelicans.com live stream not working for me and I live in N.O. is it working for anyone else?

Starting:

Temple
    TM3
    Jonas
    Sato
    Graham

I guess Temple is going to be Green’s Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    I guess Temple is going to be Green?s Bledsoe.
    I came just to post this very thing. I don't get it.

Neither these early minutes for Satoransky either.

These extreme frankenstien lineups don't accomplish anything but bad basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    +2

Preseason games not even being made available to fans is pretty embarrassing.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I'm hoping that Temple is just getting these minutes to be a vet wing in the starting lineup, just because Zion is out and they need a wing there and would rather play a vet than put all the trust in a less experienced player, and that when the actual season starts he gets relegated to the back of the rotation.

That's probably wishful thinking and I'll be as annoyed as anyone if Herb or Naji are glued to the bench to give Temple 20 minutes a night, but I need the optimism.

Utah look bad, we look terrible

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Preseason games not even being made available to fans is pretty embarrassing.
    If you're in the 75 mile radius you can get it through pelicans.com. And if you use Chrome it can be cast to a compatible tv.

Shockingly this is kinda common among non-large market franchises. The Pelicans actually do a decent job. Relatively speaking.

The NBA is not the best run league at all.

In Louisiana but not within 75 miles. That's why there's more Rockets and Mavs fans out this way. I can watch any of their preseason games on TV and I'm in Louisiana and closer to NOLA.

Well. Seems like the franchise gave up on the preseason....I might as well, too. See you guys next week!

We are seeing some shots go in tonight. This is much better. Especially because we are missing our stars and Hayes as well. I like Herb.

We are even getting hosed in the preseason.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Temple is on FIRE! 1-6 shooting and 4 TO's in a half lolz.

We faded as the quarter went on, but I have to say the officiating is the typical allow the Jazz to get away with murder

I see our team still doesn't know how to use screens hence we don't know how to play against them. How long will it take for any of our coaching staffs to address this? Willie Gomez is soft and he never challenges a shot. I know it's preseason but at least show some progress in these areas.
    Last edited by sterlr; 10-11-2021 at 09:22 PM.

As good as we looked in Summer League is as bad as we’ve looked in preseason. Trying not to get too depressed too early…

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Temple is on FIRE! 1-6 shooting and 4 TO's in a half lolz.
    One thing that gives me hope that he's not really going to play much in the regular season is that his minutes - mercifully - have not been big during preseason.

- 15 minutes in game one (fewer than Ingram, NAW, Naji, Graham, Herb, Jax, Hart, and Trey)
    - 12 minutes in game two (fewer than Naji, Jonas, NAW, Graham, Herb, Willie, Kira, Sato, Hart, and Trey)
    - 18 minutes in game three (fewer than Jonas, NAW, Graham, Hart, Murphy, tied with Kira and Naji)

That seems to imply that he's just kinda playing because they're putting 14 guys on the floor every game, nobody is playing major minutes, so someone has to mop up some of those minutes - rather than the much worse scenario in which he's getting this run because he's considered a key part of the lineups.

The main counterargument to that is that he's not just playing these minutes, he's starting too, which implies a lot of faith and trust in him, and I admit that possibility is fairly scary. I don't imagine him starting once Ingram and Zion are back - thank God - but if he's starting now it's hard to imagine him going from starter to zero minutes. It would be a crying shame if he gets that rotation wing spot and cheats Naji or Herb out of the rotation.

#Pelslife

Thread Information