Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: October 8th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Chicago Bulls - Preseason

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Lonzo will not be this every night as we know and I still don't trust these Bulls, they may make the playoffs but that's it. They will not beat higher tier teams.

We're gonna make the playoffs too.
    He's 23. He can eventually get to where he is playing at this level (with a lower 3pt%) most nights.

But NAW is 23. Kira is 20. Zion 21. BI 24. Murphy is 21. Hayes is 21. We'll be great, too.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Lonzo will not be this every night as we know and I still don't trust these Bulls, they may make the playoffs but that's it. They will not beat higher tier teams.

We're gonna make the playoffs too.
    Completely dependant on health

We are in for a slow start. Not 1-9 bad, but 4-6 start seems like the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We are in for a slow start. Not 1-9 bad, but 4-6 start seems like the floor.
    Well if we don't have Zion for the start for sure. But w/ him we get better.

I'm just wondering about BI and how he's going to look when Zion is out. Is he gonna be able to lead this team to vicory when/if needed. Like tonight w/ NAW struggle, would he have risen to the occasion?

Lonzo stans are going to be as insufferable the next few days as they are completely silent when bad Lonzo shows up.

But that was the Pelicans version of him. Off ball catch and shoot.

As for Graham, yall gotta stop with these dumb hot takes. It's been 2 preseason games missing multiple starters in each one.

Listen to Jackson Frank, be patient and calm down. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Exactly. That's what his strength is

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Ofcourse lonzo is amazing once he leaves here..
    I'm getting that same feeling. He looks more impactful already. Donovan is a very good coach.

A little more impactful. He's really not doing much different from when he was here.

I’m glad Lonzo seems to be doing well and I said the Bulls were a nice fit. But he didn’t really do anything differently apart from hit his shots. His next evolution will be becoming more consistent and less streaky. He has nights like those.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Pelicans fans who can’t cope with a player leaving and not sucking are going to make themselves miserable. And for what? We’re in a strong place. Let’s focus on our own team. Not who we didn’t draft. Not who we let leave.

He’s just another player. I’m not concerned with him anymore. And if you catch stans on Twitter hassling you, block or mute them and move on.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    No amount of 5-HTP can make me spin that positively. Lol
    here is my take on the Ball thing.... the real mistake was not being able to trade him prior to the trade deadline... a trade then would have been the best chance of getting some real value back.... however, when it came down to crunch time, we have to look at as if Chicago took the money Ball accepted off of our payroll to spend elsewhere.... how that money saved is/was spent would be the actual determining factor in the whole deal.... it is said the Graham accounted for about half of it.... now what about the other half?
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    here is my take on the Ball thing.... the real mistake was not being able to trade him prior to the trade deadline... a trade then would have been the best chance of getting some real value back.... however, when it came down to crunch time, we have to look at as if Chicago took the money Ball accepted off of our payroll to spend elsewhere.... how that money saved is/was spent would be the actual determining factor in the whole deal.... it is said the Graham accounted for about half of it.... now what about the other half?
    Temple lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Or Griff being so desperate that he offload Lonzo at dollar store value to create cap space for freaking KYLE Lowry. Which we had no chance of getting him anyways.

Graham is a $12 million dollar player. Let him play his role and stop putting being compared to Lonzo on him. It was Griff being desperate and if it fails. It's on him and he's probably gone.

It looks bad to give up pick for a bench guy, but you let a desperate man do desperate things. When someone tries to overcompensate to save their job and usually when they make some terrible boom or bust decisions.

It doesn't help when Griff really wants team friendly noncommittal deals to trade players.
    Last edited by Taker597; 10-09-2021 at 01:37 PM.

I'll compare Lonzo to Graham. Graham is a better fit and a better player.

I'm not a casual that goes off the latest whims of a preseason game. Or any singular game.

We literally just went through this with Lonzo. One day they need to match any offer at any cost. Then the next week they need to not match anything over $15 mil.

The awful back and forth takes never stop.

Lonzo stans are going to be as insufferable the next few days as they are completely silent when bad Lonzo shows up.

As for Graham, yall gotta stop with these dumb hot takes. It's been 2 preseason games missing multiple starters in each one.

Listen to Jackson Frank, be patient and calm down. He'll be fine.
    So, in other words, you don't like Lonzo so when he does well, people should ignore it and hope for the bad game. With Graham, he can have bad games, but people should ignore it because he is not Lonzo?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, in other words, you don't like Lonzo so when he does well, people should ignore it and hope for the bad game. With Graham, he can have bad games, but people should ignore it because he is not Lonzo?

So in other words, what's happened in PRE-SEASON should change my mind on what I've been saying about them both the entire time? I have to "hope" Lonzo has a bad game? Nothing I said has any empirical evidence? I just "don't like Lonzo"?

What are you even talking about?

WHy even compare Graham to Lonzo. Graham is not taking Lonzo's role on this team. NAW is doing that, in terms of expectations regarding minutes load, guarding responsibilities, on-ball shot creation, etc.

Graham is replacing Bledsoe on this team. And Bledsoe stunk up the entire SKC 90% of games he played for us. Graham, even at his current pre-season level where his shot isn't falling, is better than Bledsoe because at least he's trying on defense - where he's actually been fine - and his passing has been good. Bledsoe did not even give us that, and he shot poorly on the season to the point of being a non-factor for much of the year as well.

In reality, Graham's shooting will, on the whole of the season, be better than this anyway so it's a moot point, but even if we have to entertain the ''comparing Graham to last year's team'' thing, Lonzo is the wrong guy to compare him to, and he's already an upgrade over the last guy.
    Basketball.

Also worth noting, in preseason, Lonzo has played 2 games. During those 2 games he averaged;

13/4/5 on 58/63/100 splits, taking 12.2 FGAs and 7.7 3PAs per 36 minutes.

Through his first 2 preseason games, NAW averaged:

20.5/2/4 on 48/47/83 splits on 20.0 FGAs and 12.0 3PAs per 36 minutes.

When you consider that Lonzo was playing basically a lot of his minutes alongside Vucevic and LaVine, both of whom have taken the majority of the defensive attention, and pretty much all of Lonzo's shots have been c&S, whereas NAW has yet to play a single minute this year with Zion and only has played a few with Ingram and has had to create the majority of his shots himself, the fact that NAW's efficiency is that good on that volume compared to Lonzo's volume, there's a very strong argument that NAW was better through 2 games this preseason than Lonzo has been.

Of course, NAW had a rough game 3 and that dragged his overall numbers down, and for all we know Lonzo has his best game yet to come, but comparing them through similar game times (and actually similar minutes played as well) shows that Lonzo's role replacement has actually been doing just fine for us so far.

Game without history ... let's move on.

So in other words, what's happened in PRE-SEASON should change my mind on what I've been saying about them both the entire time? I have to "hope" Lonzo has a bad game? Nothing I said has any empirical evidence? I just "don't like Lonzo"?

What are you even talking about?
    Shows how puzzling your statement was. Your basic premise is that if anyone compliments Lonzo, they are a "stan" and he will fail later. If they complain about Graham, it is simply a dumb take. Let's get through part of the season with their new teams before making declarations.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Shows how puzzling your statement was. Your basic premise is that if anyone compliments Lonzo, they are a "stan" and he will fail later. If they complain about Graham, it is simply a dumb take. Let's get through part of the season with their new teams before making declarations.
    You know what...this is such a simple and idiotic recast of what I actually said and replied to, not going to waste the time.

Channel your energy someplace else.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Lonzo doing Lonzo things today, missing point blank layups and camping on the perimeter

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lonzo doing Lonzo things today, missing point blank layups and camping on the perimeter
    Meanwhile I've just seen the ''is Lonzo the next Lebron'' discourse on Twitter. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Meanwhile I've just seen the ''is Lonzo the next Lebron'' discourse on Twitter. Lovely.
    And THAT is Lonzo stan world. Which most of us know.

Yet I gotta have someone on my tail who thinks just saying positive things about him equals that nonsense. Hell I even said Lonzo won us a game late last year. Guess I'm a stan now too.

I've joined the order. I give up.
    Last edited by luckyman; 10-10-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Thread Information