Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: October 8th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Chicago Bulls - Preseason

This game looks very ugly. Everyone is blaming no Zion or Ingram , but this ******** looks bad. Turnovers and making decisions while in the air , bad shots,etc.

Isn't there a report where if traded kyrie would rather retire... imagine trading assets for someone not to show up...that would get you fired as well.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    They can have hart and the kid we picked up from Charlotte. They both signed big contracts.

Neither Hart nor Graham can be traded until December 14 and that's not nearly enough salary to match anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Isn't there a report where if traded kyrie would rather retire... imagine trading assets for someone not to show up...that would get you fired as well.
    Hell, from what I’m seeing. Griff may be on his way out the door this year. It’s playoffs or bust.

This game looks very ugly. Everyone is blaming no Zion or Ingram , but this ******** looks bad. Turnovers and making decisions while in the air , bad shots,etc.
    New to Pelicans Roost. This looks terrible! No team game at all. Is this normal for the team?

Hell, from what I’m seeing. Griff may be on his way out the door this year. It’s playoffs or bust.
    That's good...im not a fan of griff anyway... but trading for kyrie would be stupid..and not just for this team but for the other teams as well. Dude has been a diva lately and was missing games for personal reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    New to Pelicans Roost. This looks terrible! No team game at all. Is this normal for the team?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We're still learning what's normal for the team. more than a few new pieces to fit into the scheme.

Welcome! Sorry you came in during this storm. Lol

Happier days are coming.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Ofcourse lonzo is amazing once he leaves here..

Lonzo isn't doing anything he wasn't doing in New Orleans

Us getting blown out by starters doesn't give me a bunch of optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Us getting blown out by starters doesn't give me a bunch of optimism.
    Imagine the pessimism when their bench continues it

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Nobody is playing well. It's disappointing, but happens. If this were with our full team in the regular season after some time with a new system I would be concerned.

It looks like Willie told them to keep shooting until you can learn to hit when it matters. Easy to hit them in practice. We can’t be this bad consistently once the season starts. Definitely have to protect the ball better too. At least it is preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Imagine the pessimism when their bench continues it
    Nailed it

So Trey Murphy isn't the GOAT after all

If NAW is going to be a starter he can't have nights going 1/7 from 3

A couple of things to keep in mind regarding Lonzo to keep you sane:

1) We didn't replace Lonzo with Graham. Oh man, that was such a bad take. Graham is a great rotational guy. Nothing more. Nothing less. He'll be great for us but try not to get into that media narrative comparing the two.

2) The immediate replacement for Ball was going to be a vet PG which insinuates that it was NAW and Kira that made Ball expendable.

3) We won't be able to judge if letting him go was great or not for a few seasons when we really see how those two young guys develop and/or how we fill out that salary space Zo's new contract would have taken up. Lonzo is going to look great next to LaVine and DeRozan just like the Lakers are looking great immediately after the AD trade.....their improvement is immediate, our moves will have to take time judge.

4) Ball didn't force his way out. He openly said he wanted to stay. He was an RFA and the Pels had the ability to keep him here but didn't want to match the contract and got something (bleh) back for him. He worked hard while he was here, didn't start any drama, and even kept his dad at bay.......he even went to an Eastern Conference team. The media will apparently try very hard to make him a hated player (I really think he got with one of their wives) but there's no reason to. Him and the Bulls can be awful or win the EC and it doesn't matter to us.

And I think we'll be ok and Zo and the Bulls will be good. In the end it will be ok for both sides.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-08-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Trey still 50 percent from 3

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    A couple of things to keep in mind regarding Lonzo to keep you sane:

1) We didn't replace Lonzo with Graham. Oh man, that was such a bad take. Graham is a great rotational guy. Nothing more. Nothing less. He'll be great for us but try not to get into that media narrative comparing the two.

2) The immediate replacement for Ball was going to be a vet PG which insinuates that it was NAW and Kira that made Ball expendable.

3) We won't be able to judge if letting him go was great or not for a few seasons when we really see how those two young guys develop and/or how we fill out that salary space Zo's new contract would have taken up. Lonzo is going to look great next to LaVine and DeRozan just like the Lakers are looking great immediately after the AD trade.....their improvement is immediate, our moves will have to take time judge.

4) Ball didn't force his way out. He openly said he wanted to stay. He was an RFA and the Pels had the ability to keep him here but didn't want to match the contract and got something (bleh) back for him. He worked hard while he was here, didn't start any drama, and even kept his dad at bay.......he even went to an Eastern Conference team. The media will apparently try very hard to make him a hated player (I really think he got with one of their wives) but there's no reason to. Him and the Bulls can be awful or win the EC and it doesn't matter to us.

And I think we'll be ok and Zo and the Bulls will be good. In the end it will be ok for both sides.
    We still got a ********ty return for Ball tho.

Herb is going to be a problem in a few years

If we keep shooting 19 percent on 31 attempts from 3, every team will cheese us. Gotta improve once the season starts. Maybe just jitters

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We still got a ********ty return for Ball tho.
    No amount of 5-HTP can make me spin that positively. Lol

Lonzo will not be this every night as we know and I still don't trust these Bulls, they may make the playoffs but that's it. They will not beat higher tier teams.

We're gonna make the playoffs too.

Thread Information